What's new

This American Life

I was not familiar with podcasts until I started listening to this 20 chapter story called Crimetown. It's popular I guess, as it rose to the top of the iTunes Charts. I can't recommend it highly enough.

It's about Providence and the New England mob. The Raymond Patriarca crime family. Patriarca was a boss's boss, a member of the Casa Nostra national commission, and often settled disputes among the NY families. He was also my grandmother's landlord, and we were the only Irish family in the Mafia stronghold known as Silver Lake. Wiseguys everywhere when I was growing up.

I'm new to podcasts, but this one is pretty addicting. Usually updated every Sunday afternoon....

https://www.crimetownshow.com/

https://www.crimetownshow.com/episode-1/

Thank you. I always underestimated podcasts because my first experience with them was Locked on Jazz. Now I will get into them, or die trying.

From the creators of This American Life and SERIAL comes a new podcast, S-Town.

Has gotten really good reviews and they dropped all 7 episodes Netflix style earlier this week.

Started s-town today, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be staying up all night listening. It's really good.

Started s-town today, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be staying up all night listening. It's really good.

Just finished episode 1... very intriguing.

[MENTION=253]Saint Cy of JFC[/MENTION] should listen to it, he's from the South, he might be able to give a perspective on it.

I'm going to have to dive into these other well received podcasts. If any of you folks listen to Crimetown, please let me know how you like it....

Just finished Episode 2 ... and seriously... WTF man???!!!!

Can't wait for Episode 3 but it's well past midnight here so it'll have to wait....

Chapter 5 at about 47mins in is my favourite bit so far.. hahaha... I've rewinded & listened to it 2-3 times now.

Haha... [MENTION=3213]Wes Mantooth[/MENTION] is gonna love LOVE LOVEEEE Chapter 6.

I can pretty much guarantee it.

They should do more of this S-Town or go back to the Serial Season 1 format.

Serial Season 2 was a huge disappointment IMO.