What's new

.....this loss was inexcusable.

Let's call this Exhibit A of why you don't draw conclusions after only reading a box score.

Just one example where you're wrong: 1 of the TO's was a terrific wrap-around bounce pass to AK underneath the basket, but AK fumbled it out of bounds.

....well, if Klinko fumbled the ball out of bounds...then he should have gotten the turnover, not Deron. Sometimes Deron tries to do the spectacular with his passes, or he's making passes to players who have a high probability of mishandling the pass...and he gets the turnover. I understand that. But if your point guard has only 1 more assist than he has turnovers....he's not contributed much to a winning outcome.

....well, if Klinko fumbled the ball out of bounds...then he should have gotten the turnover, not Deron. Sometimes Deron tries to do the spectacular with his passes, or he's making passes to players who have a high probability of mishandling the pass...and he gets the turnover. I understand that. But if your point guard has only 1 more assist than he has turnovers....he's not contributed much to a winning outcome.

vslice02 is right. It was AK's fault, and AK showed he knew it by the look he gave Deron immediately after. It wasn't an tough pass to catch at all. AK was concentrating on jumping to the hoop rather than on catching the pass, and fumbled a semi-soft, waste high pass out on the baseline.

If sloan has hayward finish the 4th quarter trying to lead us back again i will have to jump over the seats and injure hayward just so sloan cant play him. Is he really our best 4th quarter closing shooting guard?

I think the forth quarter had some strange line ups. Playing Memo on one leg with Earl and Hayward, I was literally yelling at my TV..."JERRY CALL TIME OUT AND GET THE STARTERS IN". Before I knew it, we were down by 8 and it was too late.

....well, if Klinko fumbled the ball out of bounds...then he should have gotten the turnover, not Deron. But if your point guard has only 1 more assist than he has turnovers....he's not contributed much to a winning outcome.
That's not how they record statistics and why numbers in the box scores can sometimes lie. Because AK never had possession of the ball - the TO's always is rewarded to the passer.

There was another play in the 3rd where Millsap was filling the lane on a delayed-break and Deron passed it to him on the move and Millsap lost the ball point-blank at the rim. As far as assists go - you claim you didn't watch the game - so you have no idea how much Deron's 6 assists were him not making the proper passes and how much it was attributed to his teammates not being able to score the basketball.

That's not how they record statistics and why numbers in the box scores can sometimes lie. Because AK never had possession of the ball - the TO's always is rewarded to the passer.

....it should obviously be a judgment call by the official scorer. If he thinks the pass should have been handled, they give the turnover to the dummy that dropped the ball. Heck, they've changed everything else about NBA basketball, from traveling, palming, carrying the ball, hand checking, etc. Why not change that ruling as well! Of course, the VERY BEST change Stern's will be making is coming up next! LOCKOUT 2011!!!

....it should obviously be a judgment call by the official scorer. If he thinks the pass should have been handled, they give the turnover to the dummy that dropped the ball. Heck, they've changed everything else about NBA basketball, from traveling, palming, carrying the ball, hand checking, etc. Why not change that ruling as well! Of course, the VERY BEST change Stern's will be making is coming up next! LOCKOUT 2011!!!

Easy there CJ. You may be right but you predicted 3 years ago that the whole league would be bankrupt by now. Not a lot of cred on predictions or box score extrapolations.

I love Paul Millsap's game, but he struggles at 6'8" against offensively talented guys who tower over him. I think when Memo is fully back health-wise, Jefferson will be sharing minutes at PF with him, and Memo and Elson getting the majority of the C minutes. Memo's outside shot will open up the middle so much better too. Jefferson can hit the J, but his strength is his paint work...

I think the forth quarter had some strange line ups. Playing Memo on one leg with Earl and Hayward, I was literally yelling at my TV..."JERRY CALL TIME OUT AND GET THE STARTERS IN". Before I knew it, we were down by 8 and it was too late.

Hmmm. Actually Memo, with one leg, was way better against Aldridge than any of our so-called bigs. Millsap with his undersized body was just a defensive liability against LA and Camby. BigAl, unfortunately, did not even bother taking advantage of his positon. I wish Memo had energy and physical readiness to play much more mins that night. Starters except Deron flat out sucked all night long. I would have preferred playing Deron with Watson and CJ but you cannot blame the coach for putting Hayward in for entire 4th quarter, when he did get a real positive result in Minny game by doing the exact same thing.