What's new

This or That?

Why? Kanter can play next Gobert. We have the right to match Kanter. We don't need to trade him.

We don't need to trade him, but he is expendable at this point.

I'm not saying he is a must trade. He's a must shop though for a few reasons. His expected value is a starter who makes a lot of money. He's not going to be real happy on the bench, and I'm not going to be happy watching Rudy ride the pine. Gobert and Favors both need to be getting the majority of the minutes. We have other holes on the team.. Also, we have booker. Plus, Kanter is a lot closer to being a player like Boozer, David Lee and Jefferson than he a player like Favors. He's more of a one way player. He's good, but he has his deficiencies.

I'm only for trading him if we can find good value. Not if it's for some scrub. I don't hate Kanter, I just think we could use his value somewhere else. And I think he's easier to trade now than he will be when he has his fat contract. Are we gonna have to showcase him, and then bench Gobert if we decide we need to trade him? That's the quandary I'm worried about. How is that going to work? It will be a tough sell to trade him when he is making a ton, and is only playing 20 min per game, and is known not to be good at defense.

If for some reason we can keep Kanter for cheap and he's fine being on the bench and getting limited minutes, then fine. But I doubt either of those things will come true. Teams know the cap is going up. Teams already have extra money to max out sub max players. It's just going to be worse. He's going to get paid. Someone will be desperate and will pay him. That seems to be the new norm around the league. Just being young and having potential will get you paid.

We don't need to trade him, but he is expendable at this point.

I'm not saying he is a must trade. He's a must shop though for a few reasons. His expected value is a starter who makes a lot of money. He's not going to be real happy on the bench, and I'm not going to be happy watching Rudy ride the pine. Gobert and Favors both need to be getting the majority of the minutes. We have other holes on the team.. Also, we have booker. Plus, Kanter is a lot closer to being a player like Boozer, David Lee and Jefferson than he a player like Favors. He's more of a one way player. He's good, but he has his deficiencies.

I'm only for trading him if we can find good value. Not if it's for some scrub. I don't hate Kanter, I just think we could use his value somewhere else. And I think he's easier to trade now than he will be when he has his fat contract. Are we gonna have to showcase him, and then bench Gobert if we decide we need to trade him? That's the quandary I'm worried about. How is that going to work? It will be a tough sell to trade him when he is making a ton, and is only playing 20 min per game, and is known not to be good at defense.

If for some reason we can keep Kanter for cheap and he's fine being on the bench and getting limited minutes, then fine. But I doubt either of those things will come true. Teams know the cap is going up. Teams already have extra money to max out sub max players. It's just going to be worse. He's going to get paid. Someone will be desperate and will pay him. That seems to be the new norm around the league. Just being young and having potential will get you paid.

It doesn't matter if Kanter wants to come off the bench. We have his rights. He isn't the coach. Further he came off the bench most of last year and he still went out there and did his job.

Kanter is a good young player. He may not be growing and improving at the same rate as Gobert but he is still improving. For instance, his footwork this year has been better(not great but better than last year). Kanter's 3rd contract will be larger than his second, book it. We won't have a problem trading him if we need to unless he gets injured. The Max in 2015 won't be anywhere near what it will be in 2019. With the cap going up you hold onto talent you don't sell it. When 2017~2018 rolls around we should revisit the idea of shopping him. If the FO wants to move him they will get more in the middle of his next contract than they would now on his expiring.

Kanter first, Favors were forced to increase the defensive attention, the attack can only rely on Kanter. The first Gobert, the inside is very good, baboons can self offense, efficiency is very high, I very much hope that the Kanter deal. What do you think?
Lol wtf!

It doesn't matter if Kanter wants to come off the bench. We have his rights. He isn't the coach. Further he came off the bench most of last year and he still went out there and did his job.

Kanter is a good young player. He may not be growing and improving at the same rate as Gobert but he is still improving. For instance, his footwork this year has been better(not great but better than last year). Kanter's 3rd contract will be larger than his second, book it. We won't have a problem trading him if we need to unless he gets injured. The Max in 2015 won't be anywhere near what it will be in 2019. With the cap going up you hold onto talent you don't sell it. When 2017~2018 rolls around we should revisit the idea of shopping him. If the FO wants to move him they will get more in the middle of his next contract than they would now on his expiring.
Still a gamble. If he keeps being clueless on the court, he will slow down the young unit's pace and fire. He has to break out mentally. Maybe attend to some dumbass motivational lecture for selfconfidence and concentration?