What's new

This Story Makes Me Mad

The only player from that list that made zero sense to let go was Carroll. Then the only other 2 players in hindsight that would've been nice to keep were Matthews and Millsap. All of the other players would've given very little to no help to this current team and some of them could've been detrimental to our better current players.

These are the laziest type of stories.

Never do these hacks write about how the Jazz did jack **** while those players were on the Jazz.

I lost all respect for Tony Jones and his "writing" when he said that Isiah Thomas was a better PG than Stockton.

The one person that walked that we should have kept was Carroll. Loved Matthews but if I recall correctly matching his salary put us in luxury tax and made his salary in real dollars far more then we should have paid. I also believe that had we had any idea that the Blazers were going to throw that much money at Wes we would have tried to keep Korver but by the time we knew it was too late. We had to let folks go to rebuild.

Isaiah beat Jordan, won titles, and never had a player as good as Malone on his team. So....

No but he had one hell of a defense on his side. If you are even saying Thomas was better than Stockton you should probably check out now. Isaiah never beat Jordan. The Pistons beat the Bulls. Isaiah helped create the madness and hunger that boiled in Michael Jordan. Had there not been the bad boys of the 80s. We may have won two championships. That team created that monster!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

We would have still had a shot at Hood and Gobert.

There is a good chance we would have neither of them. If we kept them and were "better" then we wouldn't have had the chance to draft hood, or had taken the chance by buying Denver's pick on a project center like Gobert.

We would have still had a shot at Hood and Gobert.

Possibly, doesn't mean we would have gotten them both or even one of them. That's the problem with these hypotheticals. You change the past and everything else after that changes as well.

The only player from that list that made zero sense to let go was Carroll. Then the only other 2 players in hindsight that would've been nice to keep were Matthews and Millsap. All of the other players would've given very little to no help to this current team and some of them could've been detrimental to our better current players.
And carroll and matthews are both overpaid and might not even be any better than hood, Hayward, or burks.

Possibly, doesn't mean we would have gotten them both or even one of them. That's the problem with these hypotheticals. You change the past and everything else after that changes as well.

I am almost 100% sure we'd still have Gobert. We paid someone for Gobert. We would have done the same thing. Hood is the only question mark and the Jazz were set to trade up for Hood until they found out he would fall to them.

Sooooo....odds are we would have both. We wanted both. We put pieces in place to make sure we acquired both. And both were drafted in spots where they are easily obtainable.

On a side note, more evidence that Ty Corbin was genius:

Jefferson signed with Cleveland expecting to play a menial role. But he's been thrust to the forefront in the Finals. On a team with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, Jefferson was arguably Cleveland's second-best player in Game 2, a 110-77 Golden State shellacking.

The small forward scored 12 points. Other than James, he was the only Cavalier player able to get to the basket, and his hustle on both ends has won him points with his coaches and teammates. Love took an elbow to the head from Harrison Barnes in the first half of Sunday's game and had to leave with concussion-like symptoms. If he can't play in Game 3, Jefferson may find himself in Wednesday's starting lineup.

You just don't get that kind of production out of immature young players in need of much more practice time.

On a side note, more evidence that Ty Corbin was genius:

You just don't get that kind of production out of immature young players in need of much more practice time.
I think it's evidence Cleveland has a ****ty bench. A worn-down vet who scored 12 points is their 2nd best? It's no wonder Cleveland is getting pummeled.