What's new

this team might just suck.

I agree the schedule has something to do with the Jazz record. However they are losing to teams they need to make and win in the playoffs. Their home record is embarrassing and is a major concern because there is no evidence that they will just start turning it on at home and go on a winning streak.
5 - 6 at home isn't what I would call embarassing, and I just posted evidence to suggest that the Jazz could start winning more games when they get to play at home more since their net rating is +3, which is around 8th in the league compared to other teams, and they shoot a hell of a lot better when at home.

If you're arguing that the Jazz simply don't have enough talent or firepower to be a true contender in the playoffs then I agree, but I would also add that anyone who expected this team that was entirely run back from last years team to magically improve across the board to become a contender had set themselves up for disappointment.

D'Angelo Russell. Go get him. The Nets have to be wavering on him right now just like Washington was wavering on Oubre.

Take Crabbe (who I think we could trade later). Send an unprotected 1st. I don't care. Go get somebody we can get excited about.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would rather trade for Otto Porter and move Mitchell to the 1. I'd like a pure shooter at the 2-guard, but I don't think Russell is athletic or defensive minded enough. His next contract might not be bad though.

5 - 6 at home isn't what I would call embarassing, and I just posted evidence to suggest that the Jazz could start winning more games when they get to play at home more since their net rating is +3, which is around 8th in the league compared to other teams, and they shoot a hell of a lot better when at home.

If you're arguing that the Jazz simply don't have enough talent or firepower to be a true contender in the playoffs then I agree, but I would also add that anyone who expected this team that was entirely run back from last years team to magically improve across the board to become a contender had set themselves up for disappointment.

They thought Rubio had turned a corner and was going to be as good as he was towards the end of last year. That hasn't happened so far. The Jazz thought that Crowder would settle in, learn Quin's system and be more effective, but he hasn't been consistent. They thought Mitchell would continue to improve. In some ways he has, but it's not enough to carry the offense. They had expectations for Exum to develop this year. For me, the jury's still out on that.

The main problem is Rubio and Crowder's inconsistency. Ingles too, if we're being critical.

Regarding D'Angelo Russell, I would give Grayson Allen some meaningful burn and see if he shoots on catch-and-shoots nearly as well as Russell does. Russell doesn't contribute much else aside from shooting.

They thought Rubio had turned a corner and was going to be as good as he was towards the end of last year. That hasn't happened so far. The Jazz thought that Crowder would settle in, learn Quin's system and be more effective, but he hasn't been consistent. They thought Mitchell would continue to improve. In some ways he has, but it's not enough to carry the offense. They had expectations for Exum to develop this year. For me, the jury's still out on that.

The main problem is Rubio and Crowder's inconsistency. Ingles too, if we're being critical.
Rubio is more him regressing to the mean, he's 0.3% worse than his career average TS% wise this season. Crowder is actually shooting better than he did last season by a large mile, and is similar to Rubio in only just being below his career average (54.4 TS% this season vs 55% career average).

Joe Ingles is probably the one out of those three who's suffering the most to be honest. The weird part is that compared to last season, he's performing about the same at home efficiency wise (59.3% last season vs 59.9% this season TS% wise at home), but on the road he was unbelievable last season whereas this season he hasn't been that good (65.8% last season vs 53.8% this season TS% wise on the road). Reason why it's not talked about much is that he brings so much more to the table than just his scoring that he's still one of the most valuable Jazz players on the team even when shooting like **** on the road.

Last edited:
They played pretty great defense. The most active defensively they've been all year. Only reason the Magic won was because Fournier had a scoring run the 1st half and Ross had a scoring run in the 2nd half on tough shots.

I think that's partly because they Magic are fairly easy to defend without anyone who can break down the defense, but they suffocated them regardless.
I don't think that's the only reason the magic won. I think the suckiness of the jazz offense contributed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rubio is more him regressing to the mean, he's 0.3% worse than his career average TS% wise this season. Crowder is actually shooting better than he did last season by a large mile, and is similar to Rubio in only just being below his career average (54.4 TS% this season vs 55% career average).

Joe Ingles is probably the one out of those three who's suffering the most to be honest. The weird part is that compared to last season, he's performing about the same at home efficiency wise (59.3% last season vs 59.9% this season TS% wise at home), but on the road he was unbelievable last season whereas this season he hasn't been that good (65.8% last season vs 53.8% this season TS% wise on the road). Reason why it's not talked about much is that he brings so much more to the table than just his scoring that he's still one of the most valuable Jazz players on the team even when shooting like **** on the road.

And if anyone is wondering what a "large mile" is...

OiSZE7t.png

And this pic doesn't tell the entire story. While a mile is generally a 2 dimensional description of distance, a "large mile" is not only longer in 2 dimensions, but it also has significant girth, making it a 3 dimensional measurement.

I'm worried the Jazz won't be able to attract a free agent if Rubio is the point guard. They have to address the PG situation one way or another. Exum isn't shooting much if any better, unfortunately. PG is just a glaring problem right now.

I wonder what the Jazz's plan was going to be for next season. Rubio expires and the Jazz were interested in second-tier guys in free agency. They wanted to maintain cap space. So I'm wondering what the plan was. Bring back Rubio? Play Exum? Get someone else in free agency?

I will hit unmute to respond to this:

They are incredibly different players.

The Jazz don't need a ball-dominant jump shooter who does nothing else. They had that with Hood and traded him.

Dinwiddie attacks the basket, draws fouls, and doesnt dominate the ball.

And back to ignore you go.
Oh no. Mr. Okay With Mediocrity got off his high horse to try to correct his Brooklyn hypocrisy and now he is back on his horse.

If I had the time, I would completely tear holes in your PG b.s. but you are a waste of time.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Nah, you don't to do that. This isnt an "agree to disagree" thing. It's not an opinion.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2019/gamelog-advanced/

There is every Jazz game. You can sort them by effective field goal percentage.
# of Games:

>70%: 1 (Spurs game)
>65%: 1
>60%: 3
>55%: 10
>50%: 5
>45%: 5
>40%: 3
>35%: 1 (Mexico game)
>30%: 1 (Dallas game)

So you can see the greatest clump of games come between 45% and 60% with 20 games in that area. Of that clump, 50% of those games above 55%.
I get to do whatever I choose and agree to disagree with whomever I choose. I do not get your point however? It shows some good find bad, more bad than good which was my argument?

This season is probably a wash. I expect a 2nd half run, but not expecting much in the playoffs at this point.

I predict this will fuel Donovan to have a great off season, cut down on the media stuff, and come in 2019-2020 in beast mode.

Players that might not be here next year: Royce, Dante, Favors, Rubio. All are on the block for different reasons. Not to say they suck, but it could
be a consistency issue, or not the best fit thing.

I wanted to see what last years squad could do when healthy. So far I'm very disappointed.

I'm worried the Jazz won't be able to attract a free agent if Rubio is the point guard. They have to address the PG situation one way or another. Exum isn't shooting much if any better, unfortunately. PG is just a glaring problem right now.

I wonder what the Jazz's plan was going to be for next season. Rubio expires and the Jazz were interested in second-tier guys in free agency. They wanted to maintain cap space. So I'm wondering what the plan was. Bring back Rubio? Play Exum? Get someone else in free agency?

Rubio just isnt consistent enough. I like him some nights, and hate him others. I really really wanted him to be the guy. I'm just not seeing it right now.
I hope he can turn it around and have another monster second half, but this wild up and down play is hard to watch!

This season is probably a wash. I expect a 2nd half run, but not expecting much in the playoffs at this point.

I predict this will fuel Donovan to have a great off season, cut down on the media stuff, and come in 2019-2020 in beast mode.

This is pretty much what I’ve been thinking as well.

Players that might not be here next year: Royce, Dante, Favors, Rubio. All are on the block for different reasons. Not to say they suck, but it could
be a consistency issue, or not the best fit thing.

I wanted to see what last years squad could do when healthy. So far I'm very disappointed.

I agree with everything here for the most part. We will make the playoffs and we might even win a series. Considering what we thought this team was going to be to start the year, it will end up being a massive disappointment (probably 5-10 less season wins and one less series win). In some people's opinion, we were a Rubio being healthy away from making the West Finals last year.

I hope Dante, Favors and Rubio are on the block for different reasons, but I just don't see us putting O'Neale on the block because he makes less than $2 million and he's so close with Mitchell. I see no reason to trade him at this point.

A plus of this season is you can potentially get a top 6 pick with a .400 record. There just aren’t that many awful teams. We could get a great draft pick without having to truly embarrass ourselves like most years would require.

A plus of this season is you can potentially get a top 6 pick with a .400 record. There just aren’t that many awful teams. We could get a great draft pick without having to truly embarrass ourselves like most years would require.

Our team is way too old to tank. We have to make a run while we can. #norookies

Our team is way too old to tank. We have to make a run while we can. #norookies

Eh it’s not really tanking if we aren’t losing on purpose. We just might be bad enough to get a #6 pick (currently a .400 team is in that slot) when in most years that level of play would be like the 12th or 13th. You’re never too old to acquire young, cheap talent.