What's new

This team stinks

I don't get the 3 / 4 guard line up. Our strength is the fact that we have 4, 5 if you include Yourseven (I do), way above average 7 footers!

THT and Dunn are not the answer. Play two guards only and their primary function is to get the bigs the ball. Start George and Abagi (whose defense is superior to the other guards), and bring JC, Sexton, and Fontecchio off the bench.

I want to wretch every time I watch Tucker drive the lane.

Sarah Todd wrote a blistering column today. It will be interesting if Hardy and some of the other players are rather terse with her.

Without a solid, consistent point and shooting guard, this team will never make the playoffs.

he proved to be a good coach last year. he's just chicken **** when it comes to sitting trash *** veterans on the bench.
I don't think he proved to be a good coach last year. We got off to an unexpected hot start but weren't very good after that. He had a bunch of games where his rotations and use of timeouts made zero sense. He lucked into Lauri coming off the Euro tournament playing with all the confidence in the world and taking his game to the next level. We also saw last year he had an unhealthy infatuation with playing Rudy Gay but you did hit on that. For me the biggest concern with him is that young guys are not only not getter better but they are regressing and I think that has to do with coaching. We needed Kessler and Ochai to progress this year and instead we have seen the opposite. The same goes for Sexton and THT. There is something going on with player development that is rotten with this org right now and needs to be remedied. Being bad is one thing but being bad and still not developing young guys is another.

I don't think he proved to be a good coach last year. We got off to an unexpected hot start but weren't very good after that. He had a bunch of games where his rotations and use of timeouts made zero sense. He lucked into Lauri coming off the Euro tournament playing with all the confidence in the world and taking his game to the next level. We also saw last year he had an unhealthy infatuation with playing Rudy Gay but you did hit on that. For me the biggest concern with him is that young guys are not only not getter better but they are regressing and I think that has to do with coaching. We needed Kessler and Ochai to progress this year and instead we have seen the opposite. The same goes for Sexton and THT. There is something going on with player development that is rotten with this org right now and needs to be remedied. Being bad is one thing but being bad and still not developing young guys is another.
Ochai has definitely progressed. Have you been watching his defense lately? Dude has stepped it up tremendously.

The problem with Ochai is that he is totally inconsistent at offense. Good in defense but is that enough to be a starter?
THT improve but he clearly got some limit. Sexton too.
Kessler is injured too early to see what he can do.

Bur overall we are weak and the team is not balanced. Lots of job to do.

The problem with Ochai is that he is totally inconsistent at offense. Good in defense but is that enough to be a starter?
THT improve but he clearly got some limit. Sexton too.
Kessler is injured too early to see what he can do.

Bur overall we are weak and the team is not balanced. Lots of job to do.
I think Ochai will ultimately be fine. It's tough to judge 3&D players when they're mostly playing with joke point guards.

Ochai has definitely progressed. Have you been watching his defense lately? Dude has stepped it up tremendously.
He progressed so much that Hardy was giving him limited minutes to start the year and made the brilliant decision to bring him back off the bench again yesterday. For the record I do think he has improved but Hardy has done nothing to reward and expedite that growth. In fact I think he has done the opposite with his minutes distribution and lineup choices.