What's new

This team stinks

At the end of the day we have to give credit to Ainge for not pulling the trigger on Dame/Jrue. This team has more issues than just a lead guard. They truly werent ready to take the next step into a 2nd round contender.
Good point

Like who? Jalen Green? Jabari Smith? Both are like their 8th or 9th best player in their current 10 man rotation lol.
One of them dudes had 34 points last night in a win.

Just three games ago we played pretty well. Being such a new team it's going to take more than a couple of months to gel. I think if we can get Clarkson, Sexton and THT to embrace more of a pass-first mentality the guys will be more likely to give full effort. We need to use up the shot clock. It must be deflating for the guys to watch Clarkson play hero-ball and fail.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

We are definitly not in a confort zone. For tanking you need :
- Team with some overreted players ( Washington) who take 50 shoot a night but never make you win anything.
- Or a team only with young players ( that will need 5 years to maybe be good cf SA)

Once again we are in between Sitting Lauri and JC is not enough as we have many players who have something to proove in NBA ( Keyonte,Kessler, THT. Colin. Olynk....) and won't help the tank . Seems FO strategy will have to do it against players. How? trading more players? with the risk to make Lauri unhappy? not easy position right now.

Yeah, the Rockets tried that. Blow it up, start a "youth movement" and build through the draft.

It turned into a **** show.

Now they have a roster full of guys like:

Reggie Bullock (32)
Dillon Brooks (27)
Jeff Green (37)
Aaron Holiday (27)
Jock Landale (28)
Victor Oladipo (31)
Fred VanVleet (29)

And their most promising young guy (Sengun) was a freaking 16th pick.

It’s always a tanking/win now discussion when it comes to team building….but the truth is that no matter where you are drafting you have to hit on moves like Sengun at 16. The Jazz were only good because they hit on Gobert at 27 and Mitchell at 13. You can start your team with LeBron and still not win if the moves around the margin aren’t good enough.

I think by the time we play New Orleans again at the end of December we will be .500 and the 9 seed. With this roster I expected us to be slightly above .500 without a trade. That puts us in a great position. We are a solid team that is barely in the playoffs with a million picks to make a move when there is a good opportunity to find the guy to pair with Lauri.

I have mostly tuned out the jazz since covid....gave them another look last night.

Quick question.

Did anyone find out if Will Hardy could coach basketball before the jazz hired him?
Jazz lose by 50. I get it now, Will Hardy = Ty Corbin = tank commander

I think by the time we play New Orleans again at the end of December we will be .500 and the 9 seed. With this roster I expected us to be slightly above .500 without a trade. That puts us in a great position. We are a solid team that is barely in the playoffs with a million picks to make a move when there is a good opportunity to find the guy to pair with Lauri.
Well I was a little off on getting back to .500 but that's mostly because Lauri missed more games than I expected. Hopefully next game puts us at .500.