What's new

Throw the Bag at OG

Not sure Jazz should offer everything for any player
Except maybe Victor W and Spurs would turn any offer down
Cavs and Wolves gave up everything to get DM and Rudy
They have not been contenders yet
And last 5 years lots of teams have given everything to get All Star type players and still can't contend
Don't know what answer is though

Not sure Jazz should offer everything for any player
Except maybe Victor W and Spurs would turn any offer down
Cavs and Wolves gave up everything to get DM and Rudy
They have not been contenders yet
And last 5 years lots of teams have given everything to get All Star type players and still can't contend
Don't know what answer is though

He's a free agent.

He should definitely be our top target in free agency if we can free up the cap space. He is going to be the top target though for any team with capspace.

OG was my pinkie last year and I wanted to trade for him then (price was too steep though). Now he is turning into my favourite #3 on a contender type of guy.

We have the bag for Siakam why settle for OG.

Plus we need more playmakers on this team, not another guy who recorded more TOs than assists last season. It does nothing to solve our problem.

We have the bag for Siakam why settle for OG.

Plus we need more playmakers on this team, not another guy who recorded more TOs than assists last season. It does nothing to solve our problem.
Because OG is a top 5 wing defender in the NBA and can shoot. You're tripping if you think Siakim is a better fit for this team than OG.

Because OG is a top 5 wing defender in the NBA and can shoot. You're tripping if you think Siakim is a better fit for this team than OG.
Yeah when he plays. At the very best he will miss 15-20 games a year and his contract expires next year. Count ourselves lucky if we get to see him 40 games in a jazz uniform should we trade for him now.

Contract. Injury history. Fit.

Simply way too many red flags for it to happen. Or else they would have shipped him already.

Yeah when he plays. At the very best he will miss 15-20 games a year and his contract expires next year. Count ourselves lucky if we get to see him 40 games in a jazz uniform should we trade for him now.
I didnt say trade. I said throw the bag.

OG, even when he misses a few games annually, is a player with way more impact and higher value for this build than siakam, who's inching towards Julia Randle territory. Can't play him next to Lauri ffs.

I think Siakam + Lauri combo could offensively work well if Siakam is happy to play the second fiddle like he did with Kawhi...

...but I still prefer OG for modern perimeter oriented defense/offense.

I like OG, but if we are throwing the bag at someone, ideally it would be someone who can dribble and pass.
Yea, I mean if he'd come here I guess you pay him. But this is hardly a perfect match of available player and team need.

Isn't Hendricks supposed to be an OG type?

Yea, I mean if he'd come here I guess you pay him. But this is hardly a perfect match of available player and team need.

Isn't Hendricks supposed to be an OG type?
Hendricks isnt PoA defender, is he? More like paint defender.... right?

What's the max OG can get in FA? I would expect more teams than us are considering it.