What's new

Thurl Bailey vs Matt Harpring

Who Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
Thurl is low energy, I prefer Harpring. I think big T is great at pre/half/post game stuff though.

I think I heard on the Locke podcast that he gets Booner as his color guy for all 82-games so I assume we get Thurl and Harp all year.

If we could put Locke’s effort and accuracy into Boler’s voice and delivery, we’d have a really good sportscaster.

As it stands, they each have what the other utterly and completely lacks.
I’d take Locke over Boler in every game we play (except for when we play the Harlem Globetrotters).

I’d take Locke over Boler in every game we play (except for when we play the Harlem Globetrotters).
Boler is unavailable in those games due to scheduling conflicts. He has commitments playing for the Generals.

Harpring is kinda corny, but you almost have to be. He knows what is happening and generally has good insight. I know some are not fans... I enjoyed Harpring as a player and might be a bit blinded.

I think Locke would be good, but haven't listened to him call a game. He was sometimes a little rehearsed with his one liners.

I feel like we could create an AI Hot Rod bot to call the games... Imma start a kickstarter campaign.