What's new

Time for the Jazz to follow the lead of the Pistons?

orangello

"@WojYahooNBA: The Detroit Pistons have fired coach Mo Cheeks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

And

"@WojYahooNBA: Owner Tom Gores had become increasingly impatient with Cheeks and young Pistons team, league sources told Yahoo. He had pushed for change."

One can hope, right?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

The firing is absolutely insane. Cheeks just won 2 in a row.

Pathetic organization didn't even tell the players. The players had to find out via twitter that their HQ was fired!

i believe they will be joining the tank now.

"@WojYahooNBA: The Detroit Pistons have fired coach Mo Cheeks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

And

"@WojYahooNBA: Owner Tom Gores had become increasingly impatient with Cheeks and young Pistons team, league sources told Yahoo. He had pushed for change."

One can hope, right?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

No, not yet. Detroit will probably play much better under a new coach. Need to keep Corbin through the end of the season. Then it will be time to bring in a new staff.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brad Jones get the job. He was HC of the Utah Flash, so he has ties to the Millers. He was also the nephew of Sloan's late wife. And, after leaving Utah, he went to SA where he led their D-League team to the championship in 2012. He's Lindsey's "guy." Whether or not Dennis believes he has enough experience right now remains to be seen. But no doubt he'd be able to rely on Sloan's support/advice.

The firing is absolutely insane. Cheeks just won 2 in a row.

Pathetic organization didn't even tell the players. The players had to find out via twitter that their HQ was fired!

i believe they will be joining the tank now.

How do you fire a headquarters? Isn't that arson?

The difference is that Greg is too damn cheap to pay two coaches.
I'm just pissed that their main target is Hollins. I wanted to see the Jazz at least interview him.

Um .......why would the Jazz ever follow the lead of the friggin Detroit Pistons?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I thought we were already trying to follow the lead of the pistons by building a championship team full of role players?

I bet most people on Jazzfanz weren't even born the last time a Jazz coach was fired mid-season. The Miller's won't pull the plug until after the season (crossing my fingers).

I bet most people on Jazzfanz weren't even born the last time a Jazz coach was fired mid-season. The Miller's won't pull the plug until after the season (crossing my fingers).
Guess that would have been Layden taking over from Nissalke.