Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Jefferson

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Millsap

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

David Stern

The candidates:

1- AK. He has come off the bench before and done well. We could start Hayward in this situation, and let him grow a little as well in this role.

2- Raja Bell. He pretty much NEVER contributes anything in the first quarter.

3- Big Al. The guy looks lost out there, and could possibly do well off the bench for us.

4- Millsap. He's been in that energizer role before and done awesome with it, although I think he deserves to start.

Who should get benched?

The candidates:

1- AK. He has come off the bench before and done well. We could start Hayward in this situation, and let him grow a little as well in this role.

2- Raja Bell. He pretty much NEVER contributes anything in the first quarter.

3- Big Al. The guy looks lost out there, and could possibly do well off the bench for us.

4- Millsap. He's been in that energizer role before and done awesome with it, although I think he deserves to start.

Who should get benched?

I think Bell and AK are really the only options. Start Hayward at either the 2 or 3. Millsap earned his spot, and benching Al would kill his already questionable confidence.

....strip all of them of there guaranteed contracts! They get paid for how they play! It's the only solution. Fortunately, the owners lockout will help us fans out....and hopefully wake up some of the players as to what the real world is actually like. Forget that second thought....it will never happen or sink in.

If Memo can get back to playing well I am actually for benching Jefferson. He doesn't pass well. He is only so so at the pick and roll. He has limited range and he is not that big for a center. We have millsap to be the Boozer type scorer and rebounder and run the pick and roll with D-will. Memo would stretch the floor with his shooting and create less tension in the offense be having a true center. He is also a much better passer than Jefferson and knows the offense well. Raja has struggled and maybe he should be benched too but he has been hitting his shots the last 3 games so maybe he is turning a corner. I would like a starting line up of D-will, Miles, AK, Milsap, and Okur with Watson, Bell, Hayward, Jefferson, and Fesenko coming in off the bench. I think this would create more chemistry and movement in the offense to start games and the second unit would still have some good scoring options with Jefferson, Bell and Hayward.

Currently with Memo not healthy I am not sure any any we should change anything. If we moved Miles to the starting line up we lose the offense of our second unit.

The Jazz offense has been effective and started out games well for years by going inside first. The problem is Al. He may figure it out in time but right now he is hurting the flow of the offense. We start games as a jump shooting team first. If the shots aren't falling we are toast.

Changing wings is not going to fix the problem unless you assume that whoever starts will be on fire from the outside. Raja is shooting fine lately and AK has had some decent games.

....just a question for information sake and information sake only: What score did Al Jefferson get on his SAT examine? Did he actually graduate from College? How about High School? He seems able to put together a few sentences that are understandable! How come he can't figure out the pick and roll? Of course, so that no one thinks I'm being racist.....those SAME questions can be asked concerning Klinko! Both of those guys are dumb as rocks!!!

Everyone is contributing to the starting woes, imo. Williams looks a little laid back, Al gets a pass and then stands there for 3 seconds allowing the defense to collapse. His passes out are too slow or off line, so they end up just throwing up an ill-advised shot. AK shoots from 18-19 feet for some reason. Bell doesn't take shots and he doesn't attack the rim. Sap takes a little while to get rolling.

My first thought was to bench Jefferson (that is if Memo can come back and play for more than 2 games at a time). Then I thought about Bell and AK. I think they could use some time on the bench. I get a chuckle every time I hear someone (Harpring, Boler, the players) talk about the slow starts and how something needs to be done. And then we go out and do it all over again and again.

I'm not so sure Raja coming off the bench is a good thing. I don't think he can run and gun as much as he used to. Which is basically what the 2nd unit does. Raja in order to be effective needs more sets and a slower pace IMO.

The only options IMO would be AK or something with the Al/Millsap combo. Maybe, as crazy as this sounds, moving Millsap to the bench, Al to the 4, and Fess to the 5 would help? I doubt it though.... Not to mention that it could really tick Millsap off. We could bench Al and bring Fess/Fransico up to play center. Again, not sure if that would help and it could really lead to some anger issues with a player who's started much of his career.

Basically, I think our only (obvious) option is AK.

The unit just has to play better. I wish there were stats for offensive rebounding by quarter. Having watched the last 5 games in the last few days, the one thing that stands out about 1st quarters is it seems our offensive rebounding in the first is awful. Some of that is jumpshots, some of that is lack of urgency, and some of it is still kinks in the offense. One thing you see too often in the first is a shot goes up and guys drifting in space. Crash the glass, pressure the ballhandler, or sprint back, those are the only options. Too many guys in soft backpeddles or playing the middle in a jog.

Yeah, I'm sick of getting killed on the boards. I thought Millsap and Jefferson would be better than they have been.

Ive been saying there needs to be a change to the starting lineup since....

How about this: next time (next game most likely) they start really badly, call a timeout and replace the entire starting five. Bring in the entire second string and see what happens for a few minutes. Shock value/embarrassment alone might be useful going forward.

Amazing that Sloan has done nothing, nothing, at all that is obvious for this consistent hole-digging start to games. Wazzup with that Coach?

Amazing that Sloan has done nothing, nothing, at all that is obvious for this consistent hole-digging start to games. Wazzup with that Coach?

I wonder what TrollBrows take is on this current situation...

How about this: next time (next game most likely) they start really badly, call a timeout and replace the entire starting five. Bring in the entire second string and see what happens for a few minutes. Shock value/embarrassment alone might be useful going forward.

Trying to be patient? Dunno.

We are more than a 1/4 into the season and Sloan is on the bench with his thumb up his ***.

i remember him doing that a few times in the past. Think it is about time to go this route. Bruised egos? So be it.