What's new

Time to come back.. My thought on our Utah Jazz

hawkeye

Hey all,
LONG time lurker here. I actually forgot that I had an account set up, until I just came to set one up. If any of you remember me, I am the one that set up the draft contest in 2011 on here. I usually come here to check in on news and opinions from fellow jazzfanz, but I thought it was time to actually start putting in more time for our Utah Jazz.

Introductions out of the way, let's get down to business. Tonight I have been reading comments from fans on all sorts of social media. I got so annoyed that I felt compelled to come back and share my voice in defense of the Jazz.

First off, people need to calm the hell down. These first two games (and the next several) are against REALLY good teams with experience. The Mav's have Dirk, who is a freak of nature/hall of famer who is surrounded by a damn good supporting cast. A supporting cast so good, that their weaker role players (Jefferson, Harris) were starters on the Jazz. Of coarse Chandler Parsons looked good, he is their 3rd (at best) go to scorer.

Our guys CAN be just as good if not better, but give them a break! Hayward is our oldest starter, and has been forced into being our "best" player. I am sure I got just as frustrated as anybody watching tonight's game. I just hope we all have faith like I do in our new coach.

Let's just calm down, have a couple extra drinks, stay true, and enjoy the ride! I've been patiently waiting all summer for this new Jazz journey and even through growing pains I am stoked that basketball is back!

GO JAZZ!

Hey all,
LONG time lurker here. I actually forgot that I had an account set up, until I just came to set one up. If any of you remember me, I am the one that set up the draft contest in 2011 on here. I usually come here to check in on news and opinions from fellow jazzfanz, but I thought it was time to actually start putting in more time for our Utah Jazz.

Introductions out of the way, let's get down to business. Tonight I have been reading comments from fans on all sorts of social media. I got so annoyed that I felt compelled to come back and share my voice in defense of the Jazz.

First off, people need to calm the hell down. These first two games (and the next several) are against REALLY good teams with experience. The Mav's have Dirk, who is a freak of nature/hall of famer who is surrounded by a damn good supporting cast. A supporting cast so good, that their weaker role players (Jefferson, Harris) were starters on the Jazz. Of coarse Chandler Parsons looked good, he is their 3rd (at best) go to scorer.

Our guys CAN be just as good if not better, but give them a break! Hayward is our oldest starter, and has been forced into being our "best" player. I am sure I got just as frustrated as anybody watching tonight's game. I just hope we all have faith like I do in our new coach.

Let's just calm down, have a couple extra drinks, stay true, and enjoy the ride! I've been patiently waiting all summer for this new Jazz journey and even through growing pains I am stoked that basketball is back!

GO JAZZ!

LOL .. I needed that, and I did have that drink after watching that game and my brother (who, just to spite me, supports every NBA teams that plays the Jazz on a given night) was giving me a hard time about how crap the Jazz played.

Welcome back to the board bro & look forward to your contribution. Look forward to you joining us for the draft contest in 2015 as well :)

Hayward is our oldest starter, and has been forced into being our "best" player.!

That poor *******. How did we force him into this???
-
I'm guessing torture or slavery. Maybe the R word. I know, I know, it sounds freakin' crazy, but apparently harassment can possibly include the fact that Hayward is kinda cute. I said hi to him once, and, *SOBS*, he said hi, but that wasn't the end of it. He also asked me how I was doin', ya know, in that Joey from friends kinda way. Reeeaaaaalllly creepy.
-
I'm still seeking therapy.

Good OP ... why does Freak have to f it up with a stupid comment?

I agree. Look, Dallas is better than Houston. Chandler is looking as good as ever. Dirk is looking better than he has since his MVP year. And the rest of the guys have been molded into a team that uses their talents to the max by one of the league's top coaches -- great depth (four solid point guards with different kinds of skills). They only lost to the Spurs by one at the Spurs place. They are one of the top three teams in the West -- Spurs, Clips, Mavs, not necessarily in that order.

I like that they kept fighting. The pace of the game was too fast though for guys like Gobert, who's still learning, and which is why he was mishandling those passes, not because he has bad hands -- a guy with bad hands wouldn't be able to snatch rebounds the way he does. And Kanter is never going to be able to play at the pace Snyder wants -- he is just too slow both mentally and physically, which is why we need to trade him. The question for me is who would want Kanter, and of those who might, what do they have that we would want.

LOL .. I needed that, and I did have that drink after watching that game and my brother (who, just to spite me, supports every NBA teams that plays the Jazz on a given night) was giving me a hard time about how crap the Jazz played.

Welcome back to the board bro & look forward to your contribution. Look forward to you joining us for the draft contest in 2015 as well :)

Question:
Do your parents keep the booze locked up? Or have you and your brother always had access (like, always)?

Repped and I agree completely.

This team is very young........ but also very talented. Management has done a great job of assembling quality players, but this is the first year of actually trying to win with these young talented players.
Add in that we have a brand new rookie head coach trying to emplement an offensive and defensive system. Plus we played two really good teams so far.

We will be fine and get better as the season progresses.

Repped and I agree completely.

This team is very young........ but also very talented. Management has done a great job of assembling quality players, but this is the first year of actually trying to win with these young talented players.
Add in that we have a brand new rookie head coach trying to emplement an offensive and defensive system. Plus we played two really good teams so far.

We will be fine and get better as the season progresses.

I am afraid that they are not so young and not so talented. Aren't 4 of 5 starters in the 4th or 5th year? Guys should be going to all star games by now, not being described as "young". Can they better? I sure as heck hope so.

I am afraid that they are not so young and not so talented. Aren't 4 of 5 starters in the 4th or 5th year? Guys should be going to all star games by now, not being described as "young". Can they better? I sure as heck hope so.

I think that 19, 21, 22, 23, and 24 year olds are young in the nba regardless of years in the league.

Also this is certainly not exum, hood, gobert, or treys 4th or 5th year in the league.
Burks barely played in his first 2 years also. They are young.

In fact I believe we have the youngest starting lineup in the league (which doesn't include exum, gobert, and hood) so by that #1 youngest ranking I think we can safely say its a fact that they are young.

Let's just calm down, have a couple extra drinks, stay true, and enjoy the ride! I

It's pretty hard to argue with this. I mean, the Mavericks are a ****ing buzzsaw of a team an they cut through the Jazz like they were some sort of soft wood that I don't have a reference for.

But at the same time they're experience level is behind as far as years played. Last year was Favors first year of being a starter. Hayward is being asked to be our #1 option, though that's not really his makeup. He's more of a facilitator and playmaker for others. Burks has never been a starter, and the same with Kanter, and Burke is in his second year.

They haven't really been granted the opportunity to grow into allstars. Remember. Williams who started much of his rookie year and beyond, it took him four years to make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk