What's new

TJ has Rudy’s back

Great article. I am glad he dispelled so much of the ******** surrounding Rudy and the playoffs. He also, although kind of softly and weakly, acknowledged that the Jazz defense around Gobert sucked. It will be interesting to see how he gets integrated into the Wolves this year and what impact he has.

Great article. I am glad he dispelled so much of the ******** surrounding Rudy and the playoffs. He also, although kind of softly and weakly, acknowledged that the Jazz defense around Gobert sucked. It will be interesting to see how he gets integrated into the Wolves this year and what impact he has.
I know right? Best sports related interview I’ve read all year honestly! Such insight!

And if we in fact do trade Mitchell soon followed by a housecleaning and complete scorched earth tank city, don’t hate me for changing primary teams temporarily.:)

After reading that the only thing I can think of I would have like TJ to clarify is his criticism of Gobert complaining about touches. To my knowledge he really only complained when he kept getting missed on when he felt he was open for the lob, I don't think he was calling for more touches as in posts ups or anything like that, just missed passes when he rolls to the hoop.

After reading that the only thing I can think of I would have like TJ to clarify is his criticism of Gobert complaining about touches. To my knowledge he really only complained when he kept getting missed on when he felt he was open for the lob, I don't think he was calling for more touches as in posts ups or anything like that, just missed passes when he rolls to the hoop.
Point well taken IMO. Considering the question that Jones was fielding at the time concerning possible mitigating narratives that could hypothetically impact success, I can see where it was warranted however. Jones is like Gobert it seems, in that he is brutally honest.

It was the freeze out like he experienced at the end of the season last year, when Quin completely lost the team and DM decided Gobert doesn't get to touch the basketball since he hurt DMs feelings.

That is just what was said publicly. We have no idea what happens behind the scenes. Sounds like a bigger deal than you think. He would constantly pout and complain on the floor when things didn’t go his way either.

This also reminds me of how everyone thinks Ingles was some awesome locker room guy but come to find out that wasn’t really true either.

I think you guys sometimes let your emotions get in the way of what is really happening. You just can’t fathom that your beloved Ingles and Gobert caused some locker room issues.

If Donovan got the type of free pass these two got we’d be rioting that he hasn’t been in the MVP conversation.

That is just what was said publicly. We have no idea what happens behind the scenes. Sounds like a bigger deal than you think. He would constantly pout and complain on the floor when things didn’t go his way either.

This also reminds me of how everyone thinks Ingles was some awesome locker room guy but come to find out that wasn’t really true either.

I think you guys sometimes let your emotions get in the way of what is really happening. You just can’t fathom that your beloved Ingles and Gobert caused some locker room issues.

If Donovan got the type of free pass these two got we’d be rioting that he hasn’t been in the MVP conversation.
Maybe something to do with the keyboard-warrior ethos? We all seem to imagine that we respond well to brutal honesty (despite plenty of evidence to the contrary, perhaps?) and that anyone else who doesn't is somehow weak. We imagine that what this world needs more of is brutal honesty (despite what is probably pretty mixed and much more nuanced evidence on this issue). So we identify with those who are portrayed as brutally honest?

(And if you disagree, you're proving you're someone who can't handle brutal honesty ;) )

But to be more serious, I agree with Elizah that we've been prone to choose sides way too quickly, place blame too easily, and make the issues out to be too clear-cut in the Jazz's locker-room meltdown this year than the evidence supports.

I should send this to local rhetoric teachers as a prime example of contradicting yourself in three sentences.

Please explain how it is contradicting I’m always open to learning.

- We do not know what happens behind the scenes so just basing an entire argument over what he has said publicly isn’t genuine.

- It sounds like it is a bigger deal than some may think if Tony is bringing it up.

- Gobert did in fact pout and complain on the court.

I’m really not understanding what you’re saying so please explain.

Maybe something to do with the keyboard-warrior ethos? We all seem to imagine that we respond well to brutal honesty (despite plenty of evidence to the contrary, perhaps?) and that anyone else who doesn't is somehow weak. We imagine that what this world needs more of is brutal honesty (despite what is probably pretty mixed and much more nuanced evidence on this issue). So we identify with those who are portrayed as brutally honest?

(And if you disagree, you're proving you're someone who can't handle brutal honesty ;) )

But to be more serious, I agree with Elizah that we've been prone to choose sides way too quickly, place blame too easily, and make the issues out to be too clear-cut in the Jazz's locker-room meltdown this year than the evidence supports.
Man that's some heavy rhetoric....in the Platonic tradition (just finished reading my daughter's college rhetoric essay so I'm feeling particularly smart today).:p

- We do not know what happens behind the scenes so just basing an entire argument over what he has said publicly isn’t genuine.

- It sounds like it is a bigger deal than some may think if Tony is bringing it up.

- Gobert did in fact pout and complain on the court.
Tony is basing his opinion on what Gobert has said publicly, and you are using public statements (on court) to discuss locker room behavior.

If you can't see it, I'm OK with that.

TJ did it again. He didn't say a single thing that any educated fan already knew.
If you can't add to the educated fan, you're probably a bit flat at your work.