What's new

To everybody thinking the rookies should get all the playing time.....

BIGAL

The Jazz organization is unsure of who, and, what works well together. We just added 2 new players, as the best one left. We have 6 expiring contracts (none of which are rookies),Kirilenko,Price,Watson,Elson,Fesenko, as well as having the ability to sign CJ for another year. This in itself is a lot to consider. Now let's add the high draft picks we are going to have into the mix. You have to get rid of some parts to add new one's. We all know the rookies are going to be there next year, the focus is on who else. I think the Jazz are doing the right thing. Shouldn't we figure out who works well with eachother? With that being said, my opinion is that either Milsap or Jefferson leaves. You never see them both have comparable stats on the same night. They can both score at a good rate, though it just doesn't seem to work. We need that defensive center to clog up the paint. With these picks and a solid big as tradeable, we have plenty to give. The Jazz are in a great situation! This is the biggest offseason I have seen. Now let's just hope they make the right decisions.

If Paul doesn't accept going back to the bench then it is time to trade him. I like Paul, but we are at a big disadvantage with him and AJ on the floor starting.

I can see Jefferson and Okur or Jefferson and Favors starting next year. If Favors really breaks out and becomes a low-post offensive threat, maybe Favors and Okur. I don't see Millsap as a starter.

I can see Jefferson and Okur or Jefferson and Favors starting next year. If Favors really breaks out and becomes a low-post offensive threat, maybe Favors and Okur. I don't see Millsap as a starter.

Im with you about Milsap not being a starter. But I for one don't want to see that much talent coming off the bench. I love Milsap, and would hate to see him go, but I think its the right move.

They don't know who works well together... but they have to take risks! Try everything! You've got 48 minutes per game to tryout all kinds of lineups.

I certainly think the Jazz should play the young guys. They are basically out of the playoffs so it is time to develop the young guys. I hope Hayward, Favors get more playing time and even Evans should play.

How is this for a second unit:

Millsap PF
Okur C
Miles SF
Fredette/Barnes SG
Watson PG

Starters:
Jefferson - PF
Favors - C
AK - SF
Hayward - SG
Harris - PG

Round out the bench with Evans and another big (possibly Elson or Cousin)

I think this squad can win about 45 games next year with a lot of upside going forward.

How is this for a second unit:

Millsap PF
Okur C
Miles SF
Fredette/Barnes SG
Watson PG

Starters:
Jefferson - PF
Favors - C
AK - SF
Hayward - SG
Harris - PG

Round out the bench with Evans and another big (possibly Elson or Cousin)

I think this squad can win about 45 games next year with a lot of upside going forward.

I like it but I don't want to see AK on this team. Ever again. He's a cancer. I'd rather sign some cheap vet than pay AK 7-9M per...which is what we'll idiotically do.

I really don't think AK will be back. Fine. But, that depletes our wing depth even further and pretty much assures that we're bringing CJ back. Fine now?

In fact, I think AK's absence will create such a need (whether that is perceived or actual is another discussion) on the wing that we'll be more likely to trade Al or Millsap for a wing. Still fine?

Look, I don't want to bring back AK, but I also don't want to watch a **** team next year. These games have been excruciating.

It is amazing how some AK homers still want to see him as the starter at SF for the future Jazz. Fragilenko is symbolic of everything that went wrong for the Jazz the last decade. The overpaid contracts, the injuries, the soft attitude, the complete works.

I really don't think AK will be back. Fine. But, that depletes our wing depth even further and pretty much assures that we're bringing CJ back. Fine now?

In fact, I think AK's absence will create such a need (whether that is perceived or actual is another discussion) on the wing that we'll be more likely to trade Al or Millsap for a wing. Still fine?

Look, I don't want to bring back AK, but I also don't want to watch a **** team next year. These games have been excruciating.

Well when you are rebuilding you have to suffer excruciating losses.

Did AK help us win a ton of games after his "villians" Deron and Sloan left? Nope. For 7 years or so AK homers were conveniently blaming Sloan and Deron and what not for AK's inconsistency. But what happened after they left? We still lost games with AK being hobbled once every 15 days. Surprise? Not quite. The guy will miss 15 games every year and will show up in 50% of the remaining games. Not worth what he would be asking for. Jazz can dangle Millsap and a pick to get their wing. Or use their MLE.
They are likely going to lose a lot of games anyways( I am not sold yet on Harris and his playmaking ability/durability either), so it doesnt matter.

I want the rookies to get all the playing time. Because it doesn't matter if we win or lose, what lineups work and what ones don't. We are rebuilding. Let's just play.

It is amazing how some AK homers still want to see him as the starter at SF for the future Jazz. Fragilenko is symbolic of everything that went wrong for the Jazz the last decade. The overpaid contracts, the injuries, the soft attitude, the complete works.

Amen.

Enough with the bring back AK. Dude has made a ton of money and how many banners have been lifted into the ESA rafters during his career? Jazz need to develop their young guys and vets who are going to be on the team for the next 3 or 4 years. Paying AK will only make it harder to pay the young guys who "earn" their next contract. I do not want to see Price, Elson, Fess, Bell or AK on the team next year. They are all replaceable and take away from the Jazz developing the young guys. I don't care if the Jazz win only 35 or 40 games next year. It is time to build for the future and not live in the past.