What's new

Today has been a bad day

This topic is pretty close to home for me. I haven't been on speaking terms with either of my brothers for about five years. I haven't even seen my older brother in about three years. Over much the same as your situation. They both decided one day to take out all their own troubles on my wife, berating her in a spot where I wasn't around. To me, that speaks to their character, not my wife's. my older brother spent five minutes yelling at my wife, telling her that she is the main reason behind every problem our family has, blah blah blah. The irony there is that nobody in my extended family really has anything to do with him either. None of our cousins really like him (by their own admission). When everybody heard about what happened and the things he said, they all laughed at the irony as he is the elitist prick who views himself so far above everybody else. A couple years ago, my mom said the only thing she wanted for Mothers Day was to have all four of her kids and all of her grand kids in the same room at the same time. Guess who refused to show up? Yep, my awesome older brother.
Like I said, when someone acts like that, they're usually transferring from themselves to someone else.

My wifes sister just told her that she refused to accept me and my older two girls as part of the family. My wife promptly told her where to stick it, how to stick and how long to keep it stuck there. She's a keeper.

My wifes sister just told her that she refused to accept me and my older two girls as part of the family. My wife promptly told her where to stick it, how to stick and how long to keep it stuck there. She's a keeper .

Sounds like you got yourself an awesome one.