What's new

Tom Haberstroh Insider Article 10 Things to Watch

YB85

Banned
Contributor
Kanter :

7. Is Enes Kanter the early favorite for MVP?

Just kidding. In all seriousness, have you seen this guy in the preseason? So far, the Utah big man has displayed a combination of brute strength and stellar productivity that has Jazz fans experiencing sudden flashbacks to a young Karl Malone. Kanter reportedly shed 50 pounds since his peak weight upon arrival in Utah, then put on 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason. His numbers this preseason? 13.1 points and 9.3 rebounds in just 21.1 minutes a game.

People forget that he turned 20 a few months ago, so this guy is just getting started in his NBA career. The Jazz have a good problem on their hands in that they have four starter-caliber big men in Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, Al Jefferson and Kanter. Keep a close eye on the Jazz; a breakout season from Kanter could open up all sorts of trade possibilities.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I like the heading of him being an MVP candidate. I seriously think he may contend for Most Improved Player.

EDIT: I need to get some rep back.

Back? Did it get deported or something?

How will Kanter have a break out season if he only plays 10 min a game?

he wont... he will still put up good per 10 min numbers though... he has showed he deserves more. i knowwe are lucky to have 4 decent bigs, but it sure is disheartning that we cant give them the min they deserve

We could put him in at the 3, and slide Marv to the 2, and Hay to the 1.... but then what do we do with Favors. Jeff can be our 6th man, and Favors can start at the 5.

Genius.

We could put him in at the 3, and slide Marv to the 2, and Hay to the 1.... but then what do we do with Favors. Jeff can be our 6th man, and Favors can start at the 5.

Genius.

I was thinking enes has shown PG capabilities... that solves are log jam and our lack of PG. <<<< True Genius.