What's new

Tom Pitt's Every So Weekly Words

Tom Pitt

Hoy, fellow fans of the great state of Deseret's (;)) only professional franchise among the trinity of American (team?) sports. (Has European football surpassed baseball yet?) I have a few words for you. Let's play ball.

Kyle Korver is closer in age to my mom than he is Donovan Mitchell, and my mom crossed the half century mark not long after I crossed the academic finish line, and I feel a whole lot of nostalgia associated with my college days, which should tell you something.

I like Korver though, on this team, more than Alec Burks, but 2 second round picks attached to Alec felt objectively a whole lot like an overpay, even if it resulted in the creation of the splash uncles. Not to mention, I can hear Korver's creaking knees over Trump's tactless polemics on twitter but maybe that just means I'm a considerable Jazz fan. And even more so another stupid American of an ilk concocted by pretentious European heads.

I guess though, If Korver is serviceable this season and next season, the trade will be worth it. But I'm not too sure we're headed to heights more elevated than George Bush's IQ (I don't really even buy into the narrative. Narratives suck btw.)

I'm guessing you, me, Moses, DL, your mom... (Basically everyone but Billy King, and David Kahn) would trade Exum, Favors and a future 1st for Bradly Beal (I don't think the Almost Bullets would do that btw.) But would you trade Exum, Favors, and a future 1st for Otto Porter? I would. (The Wiz would for even just the cap relief, no?) I guess it's a good thing I'm not in DL's shoes.

So you know how Memphis has the grind house. During the 2nd half of last season, our defense was so good, I suggested calling the Viv the House of Blues. Clever, am I right? We're called the Jazz. Teams frustrated playing us get the blues, their offense get's (blue balls?) the blues. I don't care if it never gets traction; I'll die on The House of Blues is a good idea island.

This year it's not really the house of blues. It's more like the house of binaural the other team is beating our *** into irrelevancy let's tank for Zion, good showing last night notwithstanding *exhales for melancholic effect*. (Hot take: people who advocate #tanknote are bigger fans than people vehemently against it. Don't get too excited. One of my weaknesses is that I'm captivated by the moment. But more than that, I'm a tapestry of 1900's Swiss solutions.)

I thought Donovan Mitchell would be more like Michael Jordan than peak Randy Foye to start the season. That speaks more to my ridiculous expectations than to how disappointing Donovan has been. He was so marvelous in that OKC series... I guess I sort of let go of the string to the balloon of my expectations. It went up up up up and then POP! Donovan will be fine. I believe in him and if you have a grasp on what is and what should have been the mindset, he hasn't really been much disappointing.

The one thing I would say about Donovan though is this: If he never figures out getting to the line 7-8 times a game, I'm not sure he'll ever be efficient. And inefficiency has an ever growing stigma attached to it. I mean, just consider how Iverson is remembered these days.

Come to think of it, I have lots of disappointment stored up. I'm just gonna start blasting away for a second so bear with me if for no other reason than that this could be therapeutic for both of us.

Dante Exum is a lot like that girl in high school that was smoking hot but had no personality. That is probably the best analogy I can think of. It was like, every time you saw her you were like man she is beautiful and then you talked to her and it was a major let down. But then you'd go a few weeks without talking to her and so you'd build this idea in your head she was much more interesting than you remember or maybe she had just got back from Olive Garden and suffering from a carb coma and so she'd certainly be different next time you talked to her. But then you talked to her and it was more of the same. Or more of the worse.

I hope that guy figures it out. But I'm ready to declare bust (offensively) from atop the Wasatch mountains. Anyone interested in buying my estate on Exum island? Hell, I'd throw in the remaining acres of real estate I own on Quincy Lewis can play island too if that **** wasn't haunted and I wasn't worried about you suing me. But I mean, I guess if you're into that kind of thing...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hoy, fellow fans of the great state of Deseret's (;)) only professional franchise among the trinity of American (team?) sports. (Has European football surpassed baseball yet?) I have a few words for you. Let's play ball.

Kyle Korver is closer in age to my mom than he is Donovan Mitchell, and my mom crossed the half century mark not long after I crossed the academic finish line, and I feel a whole lot of nostalgia associated with my college days, which should tell you something.

I like Korver though, on this team, more than Alec Burks, but 2 second round picks attached to Alec felt objectively a whole lot like an overpay, even if it resulted in the creation of the splash uncles. Not to mention, I can hear Korver's creaking knees over Trump's tactless polemics on twitter but maybe that just means I'm a considerable Jazz fan. And even more so another stupid American of an ilk concocted by pretentious European heads.

I guess though, If Korver is serviceable this season and next season, the trade will be worth it. But I'm not too sure we're headed to heights more elevated than George Bush's IQ (I don't really even buy into the narrative. Narratives suck btw.)

I'm guessing you, me, Moses, DL, your mom... (Basically everyone but Billy King, and David Kahn) would trade Exum, Favors and a future 1st for Bradly Beal (I don't think the Almost Bullets would do that btw.) But would you trade Exum, Favors, and a future 1st for Otto Porter? I would. (The Wiz would for even just the cap relief, no?) I guess it's a good thing I'm not in DL's shoes.

So you know how Memphis has the grind house. During the 2nd half of last season, our defense was so good, I suggested calling the Viv the House of Blues. Clever, am I right? We're called the Jazz. Teams frustrated playing us get the blues, their offense get's (blue balls?) the blues. I don't care if it never gets traction; I'll die on The House of Blues is a good idea island.

This year it's not really the house of blues. It's more like the house of binaural the other team is beating our *** into irrelevancy let's tank for Zion, good showing last night notwithstanding *exhales for melancholic effect*. (Hot take: people who advocate #tanknote are bigger fans than people vehemently against it. Don't get too excited. One of my weaknesses is that I'm captivated by the moment. But more than that, I'm a tapestry of 1900's Swiss solutions.)

I thought Donovan Mitchell would be more like Michael Jordan than peak Randy Foye to start the season. That speaks more to my ridiculous expectations than to how disappointing Donovan has been. He was so marvelous in that OKC series... I guess I sort of let go of the string to the balloon of my expectations. It went up up up up and then POP! Donovan will be fine. I believe in him and if you have a grasp on what is and what should have been the mindset, he hasn't really been much disappointing.

The one thing I would say about Donovan though is this: If he never figures out getting to the line 7-8 times a game, I'm not sure he'll ever be efficient. And inefficiency has an ever growing stigma attached to it. I mean, just consider how Iverson is remembered these days.

Come to think of it, I have lots of disappointment stored up. I'm just gonna start blasting away for a second so bear with me if for no other reason than that this could be therapeutic for both of us.

Dante Exum is a lot like that girl in high school that was smoking hot but had no personality. That is probably the best analogy I can think of. It was like, every time you saw her you were like man she is beautiful and then you talked to her and it was a major let down. But then you'd go a few weeks without talking to her and so you'd build this idea in your head she was much more interesting than you remember or maybe she had just got back from Olive Garden and suffering from a carb coma and so she'd certainly be different next time you talked to her. But then you talked to her and it was more of the same. Or more of the worse.

I hope that guy figures it out. But I'm ready to declare bust (offensively) from atop the Wasatch mountains. Anyone interested in buying my estate on Exum island? Hell, I'd throw in the remaining acres of real estate I own on Quincy Lewis can play island too if that **** wasn't haunted and I wasn't worried about you suing me. But I mean, I guess if you're into that kind of thing...

Cheers!

Splash Uncles, well done.

DM is proving to be the Monta side of the debate. Not anywhere close to an upgrade to the AI class. Utah should consider trading him at his peak value.