What's new

Tom Pitt's Weekly Rant #1

Tom Pitt

Let me tell you, a little more than 24 hours ago, March 18th, 2022 the Jazz were starting to wear on me in the same way season 5 of Grey's Anatomy did. By then, I had seen enough and rapidly losing interest. I don't know what happened in the subsequent seasons because I never got to them. I quit the show quite effortlessly. With regards to the Jazz, notwithstanding the much profounder emotional investment, this season, more than any other, I've often felt I've seen enough and rapidly losing interest. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old that's 25 years of of bleeding... well let's be honest all the colors of the rainbow at this point ha ha. But to say I'm rapidly losing interest? What is That is that a product of? Let me tell you.

It's the product of watching our turtle fast perimeter defense get perpetually shredded and show as much resistance and effectiveness as the Maginot line in WW2. It's the result of watching the Jordan Clarkson's iso peaks and valley's widey weeeee woo varience show for long enough to know, in-spite of how cool I think JC is, and believe me I think he's the cat's meow, he just isn't quite good enough for title aspirations due to inefficiency and defensive deficiencies. It's a result of taking countless deflating L's at the hands of the juggernauts of the NBA. it's the result of knowing, despite Coach Quin's genius reputation and a billion page pick and roll manifesto, our last possession to tie or take the lead playbook is confined to a Donovan Mitchell step back 3 with the opposition's best defender draped all over him. I could go on.

Still, last night breathed some life into my fandom. Watching Jared Butler, Nikiel Walker-Alexander and Eric Paschall more than merit the minutes they were given could change the math. tilt the odds more in the Jazz favor. But that's only if Quin kept giving them minutes. That's unlikely as Quin's rotations are about as popular as I was in high school. I'm not a rocket scientist. I didn't go to MIT or Harvard. I didn't score a 36 on the ACT. but I've seen enough of Rudy Gay and Jordan Clarkson to persuade me the Jazz would be better off allotting their minutes to some of the young and talented up and comers. Cause with Quin's rotations as presently constituted, baring injuries, the math equates to 2nd round ceiling. It may very well result in a 2nd round ceiling with Ocho and JC erased from the rotation, but at least then it would be coupled with development, discovery and bit more intrigue.

Let me tell you, a little more than 24 hours ago, March 18th, 2022 the Jazz were starting to wear on me in the same way season 5 of Grey's Anatomy did. By then, I had seen enough and rapidly losing interest. I don't know what happened in the subsequent seasons because I never got to them. I quit the show quite effortlessly. With regards to the Jazz, notwithstanding the much profounder emotional investment, this season, more than any other, I've often felt I've seen enough and rapidly losing interest. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old that's 25 years of of bleeding... well let's be honest all the colors of the rainbow at this point ha ha. But to say I'm rapidly losing interest? What is That is that a product of? Let me tell you.

It's the product of watching our turtle fast perimeter defense get perpetually shredded and show as much resistance and effectiveness as the Maginot line in WW2. It's the result of watching the Jordan Clarkson's iso peaks and valley's widey weeeee woo varience show for long enough to know, in-spite of how cool I think JC is, and believe me I think he's the cat's meow, he just isn't quite good enough for title aspirations due to inefficiency and defensive deficiencies. It's a result of taking countless deflating L's at the hands of the juggernauts of the NBA. it's the result of knowing, despite Coach Quin's genius reputation and a billion page pick and roll manifesto, our last possession to tie or take the lead playbook is confined to a Donovan Mitchell step back 3 with the opposition's best defender draped all over him. I could go on.

Still, last night breathed some life into my fandom. Watching Jared Butler, Nikiel Walker-Alexander and Eric Paschall more than merit the minutes they were given could change the math. tilt the odds more in the Jazz favor. But that's only if Quin kept giving them minutes. That's unlikely as Quin's rotations are about as popular as I was in high school. I'm not a rocket scientist. I didn't go to MIT or Harvard. I didn't score a 36 on the ACT. but I've seen enough of Rudy Gay and Jordan Clarkson to persuade me the Jazz would be better off allotting their minutes to some of the young and talented up and comers. Cause with Quin's rotations as presently constituted, baring injuries, the math equates to 2nd round ceiling. It may very well result in a 2nd round ceiling with Ocho and JC erased from the rotation, but at least then it would be coupled with development, discovery and bit more intrigue.
Good post. However let me give you some more info to sway you to the jazz side. Against the bulls mitchell played completely different at the end of a close game finding teammates time after time and making the right play over and over.
Jordan Clarkson seems to have figured things out. He isn't jacking up bad threes anymore. Instead he is going into the paint and putting pressure on the defense and he is one of the best paint finishers in the game. He is even passing it more.
Rudy Gay looked pretty good last night.
Conley seems to have mostly gotten out of his slump.
Gobert is having the best season of his career. Gobert has never been better than he is right now.
Whiteside is the best gobert backup we have ever had.
The bench is incredibly deep.
We are resting guys and still winning
We about as healthy as we have ever been and playing our best basketball of the season right as we head into the playoffs.

The clippers game was a much needed enjoyable game to rekindle my fandom. I’m really excited about NAW and optimistic about Paschal. Even Hernangomez brings the Jazz some missing size, while being capable of hitting the 3.

I’m hoping for the best and after the clippers game my hope feels a little less false. C’mon Jazz, get over that hump already. Do it for us life-long bleeders.

The clippers game was a much needed enjoyable game to rekindle my fandom. I’m really excited about NAW and optimistic about Paschal. Even Hernangomez brings the Jazz some missing size, while being capable of hitting the 3.

I’m hoping for the best and after the clippers game my hope feels a little less false. C’mon Jazz, get over that hump already. Do it for us life-long bleeders.
If nothing else helped the trade value for our new players.