What's new

Tomic on NBATV now: Euroleague 3PM EST

PrinceJL

from what im seeing, he reminds me of Fes. obviously not his body but the way he runs around (kinda looks lost on both ends) & the way he consistently calls for the ball.

from what im seeing, he reminds me of Fes

huh? reminds u of Fes? u mean reminds u of younger Pau Gasol?

this guy is unbelievable skilled, he just got fouled on a spin move and knocked down 2 fts. then he got a offensive rebound and put it back in with soft hand!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not going to set foot in the league. Been saying that since he got drafted, and I'm not about to back off it. Being a reasonably decent player in Europe isn't much to hang your hat on when it comes to the NBA.

huh? reminds u of Fes? u mean reminds u of younger Pau Gasol?

this guy is unbelievable skilled, he just got fouled on a spin move and knocked down 2 fts. then he got a offensive rebound and put it back in with soft hand!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomix reminds me of an ironing board.

Incredibly stiff.

i didn't see the game but latest tweet from DraftExpress:

Ante Tomic still looks very thin to play in the NBA doesn't he?

2011-02-12 12:29:56

guy was a twig when we drafted him, apparently not much has changed

It doesn't look like he's put on much weight. I watched the 2nd half and the OP is spot on about his constant calling for the ball.

Bigger centers will eat him alive.

Last edited:
He weighs 224 per Real Madrid's site, although they may have not updated it in awhile. Clearly his frame isn't going to ever get to 260 though, which is what you need as an NBA center.
He will also be expensive to pry out of Real Madrid's hands even after his contract expires, and money is tight for us. His rights need to be packaged with CJ Miles for a competent shooting guard.

He's got a really nice offensive game. It's his defense, and strength that you need to worry about.
If he figures out how to use his size better next year, we need to look into buying him out.

Clearly his frame isn't going to ever get to 260 though, which is what you need as an NBA center.

Gasol was pretty thin when he came to the league, he is listed as 250lbs now, i think with proper weight training and nutrition, putting weight wont be hard.

He will also be expensive to pry out of Real Madrid's hands even after his contract expires, and money is tight for us.

I'm not sure money is tight on miller's family after Ak's contract is off the book. Plus i'm not sure if it is player's responsibility to handle the buyout or the team's. I remember Raul Lopez said 'everyone would pay to play in the nba', so the assumption is made that Raul paid him out of the contract to play in nba.

Gasol was pretty thin when he came to the league, he is listed as 250lbs now, i think with proper weight training and nutrition, putting weight wont be hard.

I'm not sure money is tight on miller's family after Ak's contract is off the book. Plus i'm not sure if it is player's responsibility to handle the buyout or the team's. I remember Raul Lopez said 'everyone would pay to play in the nba', so the assumption is made that Raul paid him out of the contract to play in nba.

Gasol clearly had a wider frame though, and Tomic is no longer that young. He is 24 now.
Gasol was doing 20/9/2 at age 24 with the Grizz, so its time to drop those comparisons for good.

ACA86B16.jpg

This summer, we need to look to package Tomic, Miles' expiring, Okur's expiring, our 1st rounder(s) and virtually anything else to move up in the draft and get a legit player like Irving or Williams. You win big in this league with studs, not all-stars or solid players. Might we have to take back a crappy contract in return. Sure, it comes with the territory. But if it means we get a player who seems to be the real deal and not another Hayward-type (Don't get me wrong, I like him but c'mon), we have to go for it.

JMO but that's way too much for Irving or Williams. I'm obsessed with Derrick Williams and am having hope the Nets are within picks 1-6 and then we get lucky on the lottery balls and somehow snag D Will

Okur's expiring and Miles could get us a good shooting guard IMO. Adding Tomic would probably get us a good-great shooting guard and Tomic,Miles,Okur and 1st rounders could get us a great shooting guard and maybe a pick or two