What's new

Tomic on NBATV now: Euroleague 3PM EST

This summer, we need to look to package Tomic, Miles' expiring, Okur's expiring, our 1st rounder(s) and virtually anything else to move up in the draft and get a legit player like Irving or Williams. You win big in this league with studs, not all-stars or solid players. Might we have to take back a crappy contract in return. Sure, it comes with the territory. But if it means we get a player who seems to be the real deal and not another Hayward-type (Don't get me wrong, I like him but c'mon), we have to go for it.

Not that I disagree with you. I would like to see us use our assets to turn it into a superstar level player. But who was the stud on the Piston's championship team in '04? And they beat a team loaded with studs (Malone, Shaq, Kobe, Payton, et al). Interesting departure.

i think his issue is his lower body strength. he needs to get stronger down there so he can box out better & not get bullied down in the post (offensively & defensively).

Not that I disagree with you. I would like to see us use our assets to turn it into a superstar level player. But who was the stud on the Piston's championship team in '04? And they beat a team loaded with studs (Malone, Shaq, Kobe, Payton, et al). Interesting departure.

Malone was injured in the finals. Payton was a shadow of his former self. I don't think the Piston's model works that well. I think that's a model to be a perennial runner up.

The San Antonio model should work for the Jazz though: draft superstar big, get talented Euros, get a great coach/system, fill in with veteran role players who buy in, try to stay healthy, etc.