What's new

Tonights game is huge

legit question, is Snyder a bad offensive coach?

Offensive Rank
14-15: 17th
15-16: 16th
16-17: 12th
17-18: 17th
18-19: 15th
19-20: 22nd

I definitely believe his offensive playcalling is killing us. Waaaaayyyyyy too freaking much single high screen action with no off ball movement. It's leading to many of our issues. The ball handler goes around the Rudy screen. Sees three teammates on the perimeter well defended because there's no movement, sees the defensive center sink to the rim....

What are the likely outcomes from this? The ball handler is going to think the open midrange/floater is the best shot OR they are going to over dribble OR they are going to try to force a pass that's not there. ALL PROBLEMS WE'RE SEEING.

I don't know what the reasoning is but Quin has severely simplified his offense from what we've seen from the Jazz in the past. I swear we're only running maybe 15-20% of the offense we used to run. I don't know if he had the idea that simplifying things would help the offense since we have all these new players, if he doesn't trust the new players he has, or he simply doesn't realize. But he needs to figure it the **** out. FAST.

With the weapons we have we should be a top 10 offense. Period. There is no excuse to be anything less.

I'm listening and looking at stats so I can't see it. Can someone explain where the corner threes have gone?

Mitchell was so great to start the year...was really hoping he was making a huge 3rd year leap.

I bought into the dark horse/sleeper hype of the Jazz. Boy, did they bring us back down to reality quick this year

What kind of interests me mellow is, the one where you heard David and Boone speak about this potential 'issue' and when it was, if you can remember? Because I would certainly like to hear what they had to say about it, and in what type of way.

I think it was the GS game, later in 3rd quarter Jazz were winning but let GS hang around. Rudy had a monster stretch of shot blocking. Then he grabbed a defensive rebound and tried to dribble up the court. Rudy lost the ball. A few moments later they mentioned Mitchell was still looking frustrated then pointed to the turnover and to Rudy as the reason.

It was one turnover, grimace and move on. not something to hold onto and not worth mentioning to radioland if that was all there was to it. I didn't take it that they hated each other but believed there is ongoing tension.

I definitely believe his offensive playcalling is killing us. Waaaaayyyyyy too freaking much single high screen action with no off ball movement. It's leading to many of our issues. The ball handler goes around the Rudy screen. Sees three teammates on the perimeter well defended because there's no movement, sees the defensive center sink to the rim....

What are the likely outcomes from this? The ball handler is going to think the open midrange/floater is the best shot OR they are going to over dribble OR they are going to try to force a pass that's not there. ALL PROBLEMS WE'RE SEEING.

I don't know what the reasoning is but Quin has severely simplified his offense from what we've seen from the Jazz in the past. I swear we're only running maybe 15-20% of the offense we used to run. I don't know if he had the idea that simplifying things would help the offense since we have all these new players, if he doesn't trust the new players he has, or he simply doesn't realize. But he needs to figure it the **** out. FAST.

With the weapons we have we should be a top 10 offense. Period. There is no excuse to be anything less.
I don't consider myself an offensive guru or tactician, but I have noticed what you are pointing out. No one is moving without the ball. A lot of guys just standing in the corner. Back cuts every so often and a pick and roll. It seems the focus is ball movement and get open 3's and we keep missing because the 3's often are contested 3's.

Look it's nothing. Heat of the moment. Anyone that has played sports competitively knows this. The amount of times I've had words with teammates or they've said stuff to me whilst playing. So many times. Straight after the game everything is all good

Do the players talk to you in nba 2k or something ? Must be a new feature for 2k20

Full-on hero ball from Mitchell last night. I could maybe see if we were a few points down, but we were so far down and he still acted like he was the only option on the court. It seemed like a ****-you to his teammates it was so bad.

Full-on hero ball from Mitchell last night. I could maybe see if we were a few points down, but we were so far down and he still acted like he was the only option on the court. It seemed like a ****-you to his teammates it was so bad.
DM is in a tough spot because for his first two years he basically was the only 1st option. Rubio created no space for Donovan. He had to find it on his own and we needed him to. It's how he was groomed. I guess that can't all be undone in 20 games...

Here is the reddit post from the guy claiming to be the heckler in philly last night.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Yeah I mean 27 and 12 is some baby ****.
Sorry, It was a translation from a spanish saying. " look (as happy) as a child with news shoes. He was very happy with Joe feeding him. That´s why i said to make changes in the starting line up ( Joe).
Maybe i didn´t explain well