What's new

Too soon...

Tony

Contributor
Don't get on much anymore but I've been looking at Jazz ish all day, wanted to post while I can.
THIS OFFSEASON! Jazz need to sign Nicolas Batum. We'll have Exum back (hopefully) and I feel Burke won't be back, while Neto will be coming off the bench. How do the Jazz dump off Trey? Before the deadline? During draft day?
ALSO! Jazz have to keep Booker! It's non negotiable here! They need to stop letting the hustle energizer guys go! At least until Lyles can come into his own! Hopefully he can be that energy guy.
Will they hold onto Pleiss or trade him?

Exum, Neto, ?????
Batum, Burks, Millsap
Hayward, Hood, Ingles
Favors, Booker, Lyles
Gobert, Pleiss

Dat starting lineup tho. Championship contender yo

Batum would be interesting though I would fear his price tag might be to high and he might be too redudant to Hayward. What are you really adding by signing him to a huge contract? I would be very interested to see though.

No need for more wings, unless its a 3/4. Jazz desperately need more front court help. Another 4 to rotate with Favors and Gobert.

Lyles looks to improve, but he may still not be ready for prime time next year.

If we sign batum there is a very good chance he would be our 4th best wing. No thanks.

Booker I have no idea about and will leave it up to the experts. One day I think he is a great back up big and the next I think he sucks. Talk about inconsistent

Booker I have no idea about and will leave it up to the experts. One day I think he is a great back up big and the next I think he sucks. Talk about inconsistent

He mostly sucks though.

Don't get on much anymore but I've been looking at Jazz ish all day, wanted to post while I can.
THIS OFFSEASON! Jazz need to sign Nicolas Batum. We'll have Exum back (hopefully) and I feel Burke won't be back, while Neto will be coming off the bench. How do the Jazz dump off Trey? Before the deadline? During draft day?
ALSO! Jazz have to keep Booker! It's non negotiable here! They need to stop letting the hustle energizer guys go! At least until Lyles can come into his own! Hopefully he can be that energy guy.
Will they hold onto Pleiss or trade him?

Exum, Neto, ?????
Batum, Burks, Millsap
Hayward, Hood, Ingles
Favors, Booker, Lyles
Gobert, Pleiss

Dat starting lineup tho. Championship contender yo
I could've gone another 6 months of no tony. Leave again please.

You have to upgrade Booker though. Either through Lyles getting better or by signing someone.
Yep. I agree 100%.
1. Priority #1 is an upgrade at PG. ???/Exum will be much better than Neto/Burke.
2. Task #2 is finding a decent 4/5. I'm not convinced Lyles will be that guy and Pleiss/Withey haven't exactly set the world on fire. Jazz are on pace to draft in the 15-18 range. I think they can probably land a decent big in that range, or maybe even get another PG. But Lindsey definitely needs to do his job and go after FA's - or convert some of our extra assets into serviceable players. He hasn't done that so far.

Yep. I agree 100%.
1. Priority #1 is an upgrade at PG. ???/Exum will be much better than Neto/Burke.
2. Task #2 is finding a decent 4/5. I'm not convinced Lyles will be that guy and Pleiss/Withey haven't exactly set the world on fire. Jazz are on pace to draft in the 15-18 range. I think they can probably land a decent big in that range, or maybe even get another PG. But Lindsey definitely needs to do his job and go after FA's - or convert some of our extra assets into serviceable players. He hasn't done that so far.

I love Batum, but there's no point at throwing the big money towards a position of strength my man. Our wing rotation is secure in terms of top-level talent. Hayward has grown to be able to D up elite SFs formidably. All we need now is one 3-point gunner a la Belinelli or Miles-- unless Chris Johnson becomes an NBA player with solid range.

Our main roster weaknesses are PG play and backup-bigs. Throw big money at a PG if we don't want to wait for Exum. Same applies for a backup 4 and 5.

Booker is not good enough for backup-duty. Having a solid 3rd big to come off the bench is basically crucial. Lyles has the tools to be perfect for this squad, but he's so young. Rudy also needs a backup.

Yep. I agree 100%.

Jazz are way past the point of waiting for a late teens player in the draft to pan out. They need to harvest the talent they have, drop the deadweight and bring in experience through trades and free agency. We have our core, we have our identity, we have our coach, it is time to cash in our gift card of assets, especially as the Western conference is weakening.

Withey seems like he could become a decent backup center. Lyles could be alright too. They just need one more big man. Pleiss seems like he will be back in Europe next month.

Jazz are way past the point of waiting for a late teens player in the draft to pan out. They need to harvest the talent they have, drop the deadweight and bring in experience through trades and free agency. We have our core, we have our identity, we have our coach, it is time to cash in our gift card of assets, especially as the Western conference is weakening.

Repped

Withey seems like he could become a decent backup center. Lyles could be alright too. They just need one more big man. Pleiss seems like he will be back in Europe next month.

I like those outlet passes he's been green-lighted to throw. He even hit a nice baseline jumper versus NY.

I still say that Favors and Gobert's minutes should be staggered. One on the floor at all times... which makes Withey pretty marginally important.

WinneR

A backup 5 most of all and backup 1 to a slightly lesser extent, should we lose Burke, seem like the most glaring needs.

I understand your train of thought but don't necessarily agree. I don't want to sign a backup for 7-11M per when our core guys are going to be FA's before we know it and retaining them is key. If it's a legit vet who is willing to take 5-6M per for two years, then sure, I guess. But with the way salaries have been going, I'm fearful signing any truly legit backup will be in the neighborhood of 8-11M per.

I have lesser issue with drafting Nigel Hayes as a better version of Lyles (a 3/4, maybe 5 combo) as well as a 4/5 combo with our two 1sts. That would be some stockpiled assets and assuming Lyles, Hood and Exum all come back better, our roster would be potentially scary.

Exum-Neto-Burke?
Hood-Burks-Millsap
Hayward-Hayes-Ingles
Favors-Lyles
Gobert-rookie 4/5-Withey

That could be a legit 51-55 win team.

Then, the '17-'18 year would be ours for the taking.

I like those outlet passes he's been green-lighted to throw. He even hit a nice baseline jumper versus NY.

I still say that Favors and Gobert's minutes should be staggered. One on the floor at all times... which makes Withey pretty marginally important.

That is about how I feel. It basically means our backup center will average less than 10 mpg which Withey should be good for.

We definitely need another backup big though, especially if Lyles takes a while to come into his own.

That is about how I feel. It basically means our backup center will average less than 10 mpg which Withey should be good for.

We definitely need another backup big though, especially if Lyles takes a while to come into his own.

Yeah, I think Withey should be around for a while. He is good enough to backup Rudy but not good enough to really be enticing enough for another team to pay money for him to play a bigger role on their team.

Like I said, Jazz need to sign Batum. Hayward ain't cutting it. Need someone else to help with the cutting