What's new

Toronto Raptors

9-9 to go. I guess they will split next two at Boston and vs Charlotte as well.

Freaking Raptors obviously tanking to end the season.. losses vs Charlotte, Wizards, Pistons, etc... lol their coach is even worse then Corbin in 4th quarters with idiotic decisions. Gyp, send me your info - there is no way I will even tie this bet.

Freaking Raptors obviously tanking to end the season.. losses vs Charlotte, Wizards, Pistons, etc... lol their coach is even worse then Corbin in 4th quarters with idiotic decisions. Gyp, send me your info - there is no way I will even tie this bet.

Lolz he'll have to create an alt to do that since he's banned. Also, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the Raptors to tank. Their pick goes to OKC and is top-3 and 15-30 protected this year. Given the 2014 draft class it would make a lot more sense for them to try and win so OKC gets the pick this year instead of next year.

Also, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the Raptors to tank. Their pick goes to OKC and is top-3 and 15-30 protected this year. .

So isn't the more they lose the better are the chances that they will end up with top 3 pick and will not need to give it away to OKC?

So isn't the more they lose the better are the chances that they will end up with top 3 pick and will not need to give it away to OKC?

Or give OKC the 4th pick. I have a feeling Toronto won't get a top three pick and OKC becomes an even bigger monster next year.

It's probably too late to lose enough for a top 3 pick. Given how great the 2014 class is looking I think it would be better for Toronto to give OKC the pick this year and get a stud in 2014.

So crazy Raptors won 3 out of 4 and now are sitting at 31-48 with 3 games left. At home vs Brooklyn and Celtics and away vs Atlanta. I guess it is likely they may come away with couple wins as all these playoff teams may be resting their best players. It would be really funny if they would end up with 33 exactly.

^^
Giving rep to AKMVP for believing in the Raptors and sticking to his guns. I know 31-48 doesn't seem too impressive, but you never wavered from your prediction.

They beat Nets today, so 32-48 with 2 games left. Most likely loss vs Atlanta and Most likely win vs Celtics in last game as I bet Pierce and Garnett will be resting or playing limited minutes. Guess Hollinger and Simons know what they talking about at the end of the day even if Raptors fail to win 1 more game.

Raptors definitely have a lot of talent on their team. It should be embarrassing for them if they fail to reach at least a 50% record next year. Gay, Derozan, Valaciunas, Lowry, not to mention Terrance Ross.

If they fail to win 1 more game, they'll be under 33 wins, so...

Missing prediction by 1 win hardly counts as " most stupid prediction in fortune telling". Raps got hit by injury bug badly, 3 wins stolen by officials which resulted in record 3 NBA apologies for one team!... Big Al miracle shot in Toronto, Kobe's 3 3-pointers in last minute... They could have been easily 41 win team.
I actually think next year they will as long as they keep the same core. And that will be enough for playoffs to come back to Canada.

Missing prediction by 1 win hardly counts as " most stupid prediction in fortune telling". Raps got hit by injury bug badly, 3 wins stolen by officials which resulted in record 3 NBA apologies for one team!... Big Al miracle shot in Toronto, Kobe's 3 3-pointers in last minute... They could have been easily 41 win team.
I actually think next year they will as long as they keep the same core. And that will be enough for playoffs to come back to Canada.

Think of all the tax revenue.

Missing prediction by 1 win...
It was an over/under prediction based on the betting line. More than half the money is smarter than those two. Is being dumber than the average sports better something to be proud of?

It was an over/under prediction based on the betting line. More than half the money is smarter than those two. Is being dumber than the average sports better something to be proud of?

Still two games left. Not saying it is something to be proud of - just pointing that Hollinger and Simmons were basically spot on. If you look at Gyp's initial asessment he said he sees them more like 28-29 win team. Thats already off by 3-4 games.

And it is official - Gyp can only hope for the tie now with 1 game remaining.