What's new

TPE question

Jazzman_86

Hey guys!

I am not a pro in this MLE or TPE things. Please if somebody knows give me the answer.

So we have TPE of:

Booz 13 mil

Harp 6.6

maynor 1.3

total something about 21 mil. And we can use them only by getting players during the trade.

So i mean when we can use these 21 mil to sing free agents?

Or it will last forever?) Just getting the players by getting the trades not using the free agency. :confused:

Thank you.

Actually, it's Brewer we have one from.

TPEs only mean you can trade that salary cap exception for players up to the amount of that TPE. They do not have any bearing on the salary cap and the signing of free agents.

TPEs expire one year after their creation.

No, Harpring's TPE expires in I believe December. Brewer's at this year's trading deadline. And can use Boozer's TPE only realistically if it puts the Jazz over the cap.

The Utah Jazz have... Carlos Boozer TPE = 13 million, Matt Harpring TPE = 6.5, Ronnie Brewer TPE = 2.7, and Eric Maynor = 1.3. TPEs can not be traded together to add up to a certain salary or can not be paired with another player on your roster but can be traded with draft picks. The TPEs can be traded FOR a player or players and draft pick(s) in which the salaries are added together equal to or less than the total of the TPE. Some confusion is that we do not have to use Boozer's first because his is the largest TPE, the answer is NO to that, and as the poster before me has stated the TPEs expire one year from the day they are created. So technically we could be waiting to see if we use the Boozer TPE until next off season.