What's new

Trade deadline discussion

We have Brian Windhorst, the king of kissing ***, asking if we are kissing too much ***.

**** DOnovan Mithcell and **** Ryan Smith

Lots of not great quotes from Windhorse’s pod…

Nothing new on Rudy Donovan drama but get ready for another round of that ********.

“Ainge is a full time shot caller and a part time employee”

“This franchise takes every opportunity to kiss Donovan’s ***”

“With Ainge around guys are looking over their shoulder”

Basically Ryan is ****ing this up. He really should have waited to do the Ainge thing until the offseason. We hey are going to end up pandering too much to Donovan rather than asking him to do better. It’s going to cause all kinds of issues between the two stars… those guys won’t have each other’s back. We then move Rudy this offseason and in a year Donovan asks out because we aren’t that good.

Don’t trade anymore picks… the vibes are too bad too double down on our ****.
The NBA is a business. We sometimes forget that it's a business. And this is an entertainment business.

While some of his effort sometimes aggravates us, Donovan is still very good for business. People are more entertained by offense than defense. And in this social media era, you can't ignore what Donovan can bring in terms of business versus anyone else on our roster.

Just for example - Instragram followers:

Rudy Gobert - less than 700,000
Mike Conley - less than 500,000

Donovan Mitchell - 3.37 million

Despite Rudy being a 3x DPOY and 3x All Star AND having the ability to pull from European and French speaking audiences, he is followed by almost 5x less people than Donovan. Mike Conley is an NBA household name who has been successful at multiple franchises, but he doesn't create the draw.

Should that matter when building a title contender? No. Should that matter when "catering" to a star when you are a small market franchise? Abso-freaking-lutely.

The NBA is a business. We sometimes forget that it's a business. And this is an entertainment business.

While some of his effort sometimes aggravates us, Donovan is still very good for business. People are more entertained by offense than defense. And in this social media era, you can't ignore what Donovan can bring in terms of business versus anyone else on our roster.

Just for example - Instragram followers:

Rudy Gobert - less than 700,000
Mike Conley - less than 500,000

Donovan Mitchell - 3.37 million

Despite Rudy being a 3x DPOY and 3x All Star AND having the ability to pull from European and French speaking audiences, he is followed by almost 5x less people than Donovan. Mike Conley is an NBA household name who has been successful at multiple franchises, but he doesn't create the draw.

Should that matter when building a title contender? No. Should that matter when "catering" to a star when you are a small market franchise? Abso-freaking-lutely.
Utah isnt cool. They are never going to be cool.

Because of guys like you attacking our stars personally when they are doing what every other NBA star does at their own franchises.
Yes, that's the reason Utah isnt cool

Im sure Lakers fans, Knicks fans, Heat fans, Bulls fans never do that.

Live in reality my dude.

I would say that the thing that scares me most about the FO consistently pandering to DM is that they seem to be doing so because of the perceived value of all the non-basketball things. I think Nickelback vs. The Cure is actually a pretty good comparison. We’re choosing Nickelback because of transitory, perceived marketing power.

I would say that the thing that scares me most about the FO consistently pandering to DM is that they seem to be doing so because of the perceived value of all the non-basketball things. I think Nickelback vs. The Cure is actually a pretty good comparison. We’re choosing Nickelback because of transitory, perceived marketing power.
The FO has not pandered to Donovan Mitchell. That's BS to say it or imply it. I have spent weeks, months and years on here dispelling those BS rumors.

The only argument you have is Paschall, and that's weak as hell.

Please explain
Nickelback gets a lot of radio play. None of their stuff is really terrible, per se, and there are a couple good songs, but yeah. The Cure has some known hits, but they are far from their best works that are stellar and unseen. But everyone knows who Nickelback is and they can pose as the cool kid.

The FO has not pandered to Donovan Mitchell. That's BS to say it or imply it. I have spent weeks, months and years on here dispelling those BS rumors.

The only argument you have is Paschall, and that's weak as hell.
You haven’t heard any of my arguments. I haven’t engaged in any of these debates.

If the FO pandered to Donovan Mitchell, they would have come out and told Rudy to shut up his whining to the media. They did not do that. If they "pandered" to Donovan, they would have done that.

Rudy has created this mess.

- whatever he did in the lockerroom after he stupidly touched the microphones
- his comments to the media on numerous occasions blaming everybody but himself

Nickelback gets a lot of radio play. None of their stuff is really terrible, per se, and there are a couple good songs, but yeah. The Cure has some known hits, but they are far from their best works that are stellar and unseen. But everyone knows who Nickelback is and they can pose as the cool kid.
There is no comparison whatsoever.

RUDY IS THE ONE WITH RADIO PLAY BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE WHO HAS GONE PUBLIC TO COMPLAIN TO THE MEDIA.

If the FO pandered to Donovan Mitchell, they would have come out and told Rudy to shut up his whining to the media. They did not do that. If they "pandered" to Donovan, they would have done that.

Rudy has created this mess.

- whatever he did in the lockerroom after he stupidly touched the microphones
- his comments to the media on numerous occasions blaming everybody but himself
The organization doesn’t have to come out against him when they left him high-and-dry with absolutely no support after the entire sports world was coming after Rudy with pitchforks. Never do the dirty work that others will do for you.

The organization doesn’t have to come out against him when they left him high-and-dry with absolutely no support after the entire sports world was coming after Rudy with pitchforks. Never do the dirty work that others will do for you.
Rudy deserved to get roasted for those comments. He actually deserved more backlash.

Imagine LeBron James going public and telling the media that his teammates need to try harder and then make the comparison that they need to defend like Draymond or whoever else defender you want to use.

Rudy was reckless with his comments, and I've been telling you those comments pissed off the team and not just Donovan. Rudy brought this on.

Just trade Gobert, **** it.

Trade him to somewhere he can win a ring. I can root for that team for a couple of years before Donovan inevitably ****s Utah over in UFA and goes to the Heat or Knicks. Then I can come back to being a full-time Jazz fan and enjoy a rebuild.

Who is the best current 14 year old? I can't wait till he becomes the Jazz's #1 pick in 2026.

Just trade Gobert, **** it.

Trade him to somewhere he can win a ring. I can root for that team for a couple of years before Donovan inevitably ****s Utah over in UFA and goes to the Heat or Knicks. Then I can come back to being a full-time Jazz fan and enjoy a rebuild.

Who is the best current 14 year old? I can't wait till he becomes the Jazz's #1 pick in 2026.
Jazz might not have a pick in 2026 depending on how the next week (or couple of years) goes.

Arent they lottery protected?
The Jazz still have a 2026 pick. But the 2026 pick is the one obvious thing of value the Jazz can trade and are probably getting pretty desperate to glue this thing together before mom comes home.

That Favors pick is top-10 protected in 2024, top-8 in 2025, and top-6 in 2026 (I think). I assume that's what you're referring to. I'm making an assumption that the pick will have conveyed. Maybe they then offer the 2027 unprotected or whatever.

The point is we're cliffed out and I think the Jazz are 50/50 nuking a prospective rebuild before it even happens. At some point, I would really love it if the Jazz tried to do it proper like OKC has been.