What's new

Trade deadline discussion

If the Lakers give up THT and a first for Ross and we don't do the same deal for JC.....oh lord.
Right… THT is bad but so is JC… get ourselves a nice future pick. Think how many centers we could salary dump with that pick.

On the topic of Clarkson, I actually don't think the case for trading/keeping him is much different than it was in the summer. I wanted to move off of some scoring for defense all along, but I do think his struggles have gotten a little overblown. If you look at the numbers, it's really just his catch and shoot that's way down. The league wide drop in efficiency has mostly been due to pull up shooting, but his shooting is actually up off the dribble. It's open/wide open shooting that's down. He's mostly the same player he's been.

They were interested in Jerami Grant and might now be out of the running. I still think Kuzma could make a difference for the Jazz.

There's no shot Washington is trading Kuzma, there was a window to get him when he was still on the Lakers, but now.

In the calendar year of 2022, Kuzma is averaging 21/10/3 on 59% TS. They are not moving him.

On the topic of Clarkson, I actually don't think the case for trading/keeping him is much different than it was in the summer. I wanted to move off of some scoring for defense all along, but I do think his struggles have gotten a little overblown. If you look at the numbers, it's really just his catch and shoot that's way down. The league wide drop in efficiency has mostly been due to pull up shooting, but his shooting is actually up off the dribble. It's open/wide open shooting that's down. He's mostly the same player he's been.
He's also been better lately and is clearly trying to pass a little. His defense will never improve. He's moving more towards a normal scorer and not just a guy who shoots it every damn time he has the ball and can see the rim.

Hold him if there isn't anything good out there.

I just wanna again go on record (again) that I hate Danny Ainge. It seems like Ryan brought him in for the specific reason of telling him how to run the franchise and I’m pretty ****ing worried about it.
Or because he's a giant hero worshipping fanboy.

Pacers are setup so well...

Turner - The unicorn shooting big. Hopefully can stay healthy.

Duarte - Great wing on a cheap deal. I know he's older but still will improve.

Haliburton - Great creator... may be best as a secondary creator but good on and off the ball. Long and fungible.

Brogdon - good point guard... can move him if they want to get younger or give the keys to Tyrese.

Solid role guy in Hield... some incoming cap space... an extra couple draft picks. Jackson has been pretty interesting too... I have been intrigued watching him.

They still need to hit on the GUY... but if the land top 4 in the lotto this year they could make a huge jump and be setup so well for the future.

He's also been better lately and is clearly trying to pass a little. His defense will never improve. He's moving more towards a normal scorer and not just a guy who shoots it every damn time he has the ball and can see the rim.

Hold him if there isn't anything good out there.

With Ingles out, I do have more concerns if we were to lose some firepower. Conley is good as always, but doesn't look like he can ramp it up that much more than he is. Would be nice to know if Butler could actually play or not at this moment.

If Portland gets Grant......

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
They can trade him next year for a couple second round picks? I kid I kid.

In the NO deal the blazers did land what would be the #9 pick in the draft for this year. Maybe that is enough for Detroit.

With Ingles out, I do have more concerns if we were to lose some firepower. Conley is good as always, but doesn't look like he can ramp it up that much more than he is. Would be nice to know if Butler could actually play or not at this moment.
I just don't think Quin will trust JB. Makes me sad.