What's new

Trade deadline discussion

On Spence Checketts show today he said that ESPN's Tim MacMahon told him that he heard from a rival executive that the Jazz almost traded Ingles in the offseason, they even thought they had a deal in place until Quin stepped in and told them "don't trade my guy". Checkettts asked Tony Jones about it and Tony said he did hear Joes name involved in a lot of trade talks. Also said Joe has a lot of fans within the organization but doesn't think that matters to Danny Ainge who as Tony put it "would be willing to trade his own mother".

https://espn700sports.com/news/tony-jones-on-the-jazz-nba-contenders-potential-trades-more/
Does… he explain what it would’ve been for? I love Joe. And I definitely think he adds a lot to the chemistry. But you can’t lose out on talent that might put you over the top all because you’re too loyal to your guy.

Does… he explain what it would’ve been for? I love Joe. And I definitely think he adds a lot to the chemistry. But you can’t lose out on talent that might put you over the top all because you’re too loyal to your guy.

No, unfortunately he didn't go into any detail about what the deal was.

So does it seem like Ainge is going to do some kind of transaction even if just a small one

So does it seem like Ainge is going to do some kind of transaction even if just a small one

Jazz's biggest rivals from last season -- Lakers, Clippers and Nuggets -- are all having down years. Jazz can probably beat the current version of the Warriors. It would be hard not to make a move if the Jazz thought it could push them past Phoenix to the Finals.

I think there's almost a 100% chance they do something, even if it's just something simple like cutting Oni and signing someone to take his spot.

I do think it’s funny when people say “so and so would trade their mother”… yeah no ****… your mother is old and sucks at basketball… I’d trade her for a top 59 protected second round pick… maybe even the rights to Ante atomic.

True

depositphotos_115192006-stock-photo-offering-money-to-roadside-prostitute.jpg

Right now, I think the Jazz should focus on what Sacramento needs for Harrison Barnes. He might be enough to nudge the Jazz over the top.

I'd just prefer to do it without giving up Bogdanovic. I'd offer Ingles, Gay, a young player, a 1st and a 2nd.

Last edited:
On Spence Checketts show today he said that ESPN's Tim MacMahon told him that he heard from a rival executive that the Jazz almost traded Ingles in the offseason, they even thought they had a deal in place until Quin stepped in and told them "don't trade my guy". Checkettts asked Tony Jones about it and Tony said he did hear Joes name involved in a lot of trade talks. Also said Joe has a lot of fans within the organization but doesn't think that matters to Danny Ainge who as Tony put it "would be willing to trade his own mother".

https://espn700sports.com/news/tony-jones-on-the-jazz-nba-contenders-potential-trades-more/

Here is the interview where MacMahon talks about this, the part about Ingles starts at about the 17:30 mark. He says Quin was strongly and adamantly against trading Joe in the offseason and that he put the kibosh on a deal they had in place.

Here is the interview where MacMahon talks about this, the part about Ingles starts at about the 17:30 mark. He says Quin was strongly and adamantly against trading Joe in the offseason and that he put the kibosh on a deal they had in place.
i mean who could we realistically get by trading Jingles? don't think there were any athletic wings on the table, definitely not at the price of Jingles

i mean who could we realistically get by trading Jingles? don't think there were any athletic wings on the table, definitely not at the price of Jingles
I’m sure you have great intel. I’ll go with you instead of the NBA Insiders becuz we’z braughs

I'm really interested in what the deal was that Quin put a stop to. We'll probably never know.

Almost every team could use Joe Ingles, he fits anywhere (which is why we shouldn't trade him btw). There was a lot of smoke around the Warriors situation, and it made sense given that it could have put us under the tax if we traded Ingles for one of their young players.

Almost every team could use Joe Ingles, he fits anywhere (which is why we shouldn't trade him btw). There was a lot of smoke around the Warriors situation, and it made sense given that it could have put us under the tax if we traded Ingles for one of their young players.
there's also the possibility of him retiring after this season so it's a risk factor for other teams pursuing him