What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Anyone interested in Dillon Brooks? Wonder what grizzlies would ask for him?

He’s a punk but I do think we could use an enforcer and that’s him. Also, hes 6’7” and a career 35% 3 pt shoot, not great but frankly our system would likely help him get more open shots. Loved his energy guarding Steph last year, with some direction from Quin I think he could have more effective and controlled defense. He’s also only making $12.2. Memphis could prolly use another 3pt shooter if we traded one of bogey or Clark’s on for him.

If the Warriors don't trade their young players they are idiots. They should have traded their picks instead of drafting with them.
Maybe… depends on what they can get.

Not interested in Beverley at all, dude's a turd.

Wouldn't expect the Grizz to move Brooks for anything but a big overpay. I'd imagine they're seeing Ja/Bane/Brooks/JJJ as the core right now and looking to build around that (maybe Melton as well). If Anderson were playing better I might be interested in him, but he's been pretty butt this season. Clarke would be alright if he were cheap.

I’ve noticed that Boston fans are really down on Smart, and Philly fans are really down on Green. It’s entirely possible they’ve both fallen off and aren’t as valuable as they used to be.

I am a fan of Wood. I wanted to get Wood for a long time. Wood is definitely long, longer than what we have now. I say give me Wood, and I will be a happy camper. I know if I woke up and found out I had Wood, it would make my day.
There are plenty who would give you wood. Whether as happy campers or as Houston Red Rockets... I am sure you will wake up one day, rollover, and you'll find the wood you are looking for.

Last edited:
My issue with this thread is that unless we get a player that breaks the top 7 rotational block, they won't get more than 10 MPG of garbage time under Quin.

Frankly we almost need to trade a rotational player to even see whatever player we get on the court at all.

We have some talent on our bench but we surely don't see enough of it which makes me a Sad Panda.

Last edited:
Watched the Raptors Nets game tonight. Very entertaining game. I was watching for Wantanabe specifically because of the love he gets on here recently. It was obviously just one game, but he looked bad. I noticed him out of position and missing rotations on defense a few times and he generally looked really slow and unathletic. He also happened to have a poor shooting night. I’d love to hear what others see in him.

Now Siakam on the other hand … he is really struggling from 3 this year and did last year as well, which would be a real problem on our team. otherwise he looks like exactly what we need. Doubt we have what it takes to get him but that is the kind of swing for the fences move I would love to see the Jazz try.

Galloway finally found a spot. Think there's a good shot they eventually sign him for the season.

Galloway finally found a spot. Think there's a good shot they eventually sign him for the season.

Can’t wait for him to hit 5 threes in the first game and for everyone to be like… “can’t believe this guy was still available… amazing find by super smart GM”

If the Jazz really wanted Grant I think the deal would be a three team deal where you extract a little extra value for Bogey...

So like this type of deal:

Utah out Bogey, Udoka, 2027 1st
Utah In: Grant

NY Out: Fournier and 2022 1st
NY In: Bogey

Det Out: Grant
Det In: Fournier, Utah 1st, NY 1st

Evan becomes a vet that can help Detroit with the young guys and not to be complete trash... he can recoup some of his value and they can move him later if they want... pick up two firsts for a great FA signing last year... pretty nice boost to rebuild.

I'm not sure I do it if I am the Jazz.... not sold on Grant.

If the Jazz really wanted Grant I think the deal would be a three team deal where you extract a little extra value for Bogey...

Evan becomes a vet that can help Detroit with the young guys and not to be complete trash... he can recoup some of his value and they can move him later if they want... pick up two firsts for a great FA signing last year... pretty nice boost to rebuild.

I'm not certain about my feelings on Grant. The biggest question is what's the loss. I know we look at all of our offensive weapons and recognize we could sacrifice some for upgraded defense, but as it stands Bojan is our second leading scorer both overall and per minute, and the question would arise as to how much of that pie is affected by Bojan's presence, or lack thereof. Grant is putting up big numbers, but he's a totally different skillset that may be really clanky for everything overall. My gut would tell me that this would be about a step forward on defense but a step and a half back on offense.

I’m thinking of something more along the lines of what Cam Reddish provided for ATL last year in the playoffs. An athletic wing who can soak up minutes in specific situations to help swing a couple of quarters here and there.

I don’t think the jazz need to trade their most reliable secondary scorer to get this kind of player. I think they may need to trade Clarkson, though. And I think we also need to hope (because what else to we have to go on?) that Q will modulate his substitution patterns to maximize this kind of asset.

If it were between Bojan for Grant or Clarkson for Green, I’d take Clarkson for Green.

Is Cleveland in the mood to sell low on Okoro? What’s his defense like?

Also, Dunn.

I'm not certain about my feelings on Grant. The biggest question is what's the loss. I know we look at all of our offensive weapons and recognize we could sacrifice some for upgraded defense, but as it stands Bojan is our second leading scorer both overall and per minute, and the question would arise as to how much of that pie is affected by Bojan's presence, or lack thereof. Grant is putting up big numbers, but he's a totally different skillset that may be really clanky for everything overall. My gut would tell me that this would be about a step forward on defense but a step and a half back on offense.
I also think Grant is good on big wings… but the issue we have is more with the small point guard types imo. I think between Royce and Gay we have enough for the Lebron power wing types. I think Bojan does a solid job one on one with them. I’d prefer not to tinker too much with our amazing offense and sprinkle in some defense on the fringes… so basically upgrade JC’s spot if possible.

Also, Dunn.

I also think Grant is good on big wings… but the issue we have is more with the small point guard types imo. I think between Royce and Gay we have enough for the Lebron power wing types. I think Bojan does a solid job one on one with them. I’d prefer not to tinker too much with our amazing offense and sprinkle in some defense on the fringes… so basically upgrade JC’s spot if possible.

These two posts point to the patently obvious. The Dunn option costs much, much less in terms of team and chemistry disruption, asset cost, and most likely even financial cost once you waive Oni. And he fits the specific need. Sometimes things are too obvious that we have to say there’s no way the solution should be that simple.

Also, Dunn.
Not sure. He’s solid on defense I think… offense isn’t ready. He’d be a guy I’d buy low on even though he doesn’t fit the current timeline.