What's new

Trade deadline discussion

When you are both wrong I will call you both idiots and you will have no choice but to join hands and fight me... It will make you both feel icky and be totally worth it... both of yall should dig in hard.
I think Haliburton is a great talent, but I think Sabonis is incredibly rare.

18 months ago, people would have freaked out if Fox was traded. Guards can be fantastic, but you got to get a unicorn when you find one.

It sort of feels like we're either going to use Ingles' contract to get Josh Richardson or just use it in a salary dump with OKC, I think the salary dump is the more likely option. I don't see us making any other moves. Prepare to be frustrated and disappointed.

If you think getting Josh Richardson will be disappointing, don’t wait to see what we actually get done this deadline lol.

I honestly think they picked the one guy I wouldn't trade on that team. Fox might have had one statistical outlier shooting season and his defense is trashy trash. Davion is good but might have a lower ceiling than some think. Haliburton is so unique and good. He allows you to be really flexible with roster construction and they swapped him for a very inflexible piece. They had 3 point guards they could trade and they picked the worst one of the three to move.

Buddy Hield is overpaid but he's useful. I just... Kangs gonna Kang.

Who in the hell is going to want Fox at his contract?

He's probably closer to negative value than positive value if his shooting doesnt improve soon.

Except for their shooting efficiency…which is kind of the biggest pro for Sabonis and the biggest con for Randle.

Sabonis wasn’t worth Haliburton and it was a a bad deal…but he’s a good player. Randle was good for one year.
right, basketball IQ is the biggest disparity in this case. Sabonis isn't really that good of a shooter(32% from deep this year and 32% the year before), but he definitely doesn't force things as much as Randle. Talent wise they are equal, but Sabonis plays more within himself. Randle does have higher ceiling though if he can find his shooting touch from last season. 41% from deep on 5 attempts can make all the difference.

Who in the hell is going to want Fox at his contract?

He's probably closer to negative value than positive value if his shooting doesnt improve soon.
The Knicks would love that ****. I'm just saying... I'd have traded Fox or Davion before Haliburton. He's a rare player and outside of a superstar he's a perfect building block. Just makes building a team so malleable.

Bruh... you'd be losing your **** if we did this. Tyrese is a guy that can start on a championship team... he's young, cheap and killing it in a ****** environment. Sabonis is the kind of guy that gets you to 45 wins and keeps you there.

This trade is bad bad bad for the Kings.
Totally agree. I would have been ok with

Second year player... in a terrible environment... for a non-rim protecting big... the **** you doing KANGS!!!!

I wanted the Sixers to move Simmons for Haliburton. I get Harden and if you can get him, you take him, but Haliburton can play three positions, defend three positions, is a great passer and his three point shot is looking really good. Embiid/Maxey/Haliburton is a good core for a long time.

Again, if you can get Harden and win a title in the next year or two, you have to do it with Embiid's injury history, but Haliburton will be a very, very, very good player for a very long time.

Sabonis is really good, but I still don't particularly like it for the Kings. The upside is what, a play-in game next season?

The Knicks would love that ****. I'm just saying... I'd have traded Fox or Davion before Haliburton. He's a rare player and outside of a superstar he's a perfect building block. Just makes building a team so malleable.
The Kings couldn't get Sabonis by trading Fox or Davion.

I think Haliburton is a great talent, but I think Sabonis is incredibly rare.

18 months ago, people would have freaked out if Fox was traded. Guards can be fantastic, but you got to get a unicorn when you find one.
He's rare... rare doesn't equal awesome though. He's really good... he also limits what you can do around him... Haliburton is also rare and good and can function in damn near any lineup and be awesome.

Use him as a two-guard, Wing or Point Guard. He's Joe Ingles but with athleticism.

If you think getting Josh Richardson will be disappointing, don’t wait to see what we actually get done this deadline lol.

I was actually referring to a salary dump as being disappointing...I think it's much more likely we do that than get Richardson.

I seriously don't think Pacers were dangling Sabonis in this deal and gave the Kings the choice between giving up Mitchell, Fox or Haliburton.

It sort of feels like we're either going to use Ingles' contract to get Josh Richardson or just use it in a salary dump with OKC, I think the salary dump is the more likely option. I don't see us making any other moves. Prepare to be frustrated and disappointed.
Frustrated and disappointed? Prepared? No need for preparation. It’s a part of the psyche of every Jazz fan by now.

right, basketball IQ is the biggest disparity in this case. Sabonis isn't really that good of a shooter(32% from deep this year and 32% the year before), but he definitely doesn't force things as much as Randle. Talent wise they are equal, but Sabonis plays more within himself

Sabonis is 65 TS% this year and Randle is at 51%. They really aren’t similar players at all. Sabonis is a play finisher who looks very bad when asked to do more than that. If he wasn’t playing with Holmes, I think he’s so very well for himself in SAC playing with a more dynamic PG like Fox. He’s not some superstar, but he’s getting paid $20M a year.

Randle is a shot creator who has really only been good for one season. He also doesn’t look good when the playoff spotlight is on him because he’s not the type of talent to carry an offense, but that’s how he plays.

He's rare... rare doesn't equal awesome though. He's really good... he also limits what you can do around him... Haliburton is also rare and good and can function in damn near any lineup and be awesome.

Use him as a two-guard, Wing or Point Guard. He's Joe Ingles but with athleticism.
I think Sabonis is the best player in the deal, but Sacramento has a lot more to do to make this trade worth it.

Mitchell, Barnes and Sabonis compliment each other quite well. They could stick with Fox at PG, but they really need a solid player at SF/PF. If they went out and got somebody like Jerami Grant, I guarantee nobody wants to play against Sacramento.

I was actually referring to a salary dump as being disappointing...I think it's much more likely we do that than get Richardson.
it's a vicious cycle. the more assets we give up for salary dumps the less we have to make any further acquisition. the less likely we are to make any acquisition from the trade market, the more likelihood we are to just settle for more salary dumps.