What's new

Trade deadline discussion

The Kings are stuck with Fox and his $160 million contract. So if you are stuck with that, why not build a team around him that can let him do what he does best?

Davion getting more minutes at the 2 helps in the defense category. We know what Barnes can do. Holiday is also a good defender. Sabonis is going to stretch the floor so Fox can attack the rim. Sabonis is going to be for the Kings what they hoped Bagley was going to be.

I think Sabonis is the best player in the deal, but Sacramento has a lot more to do to make this trade worth it.

Mitchell, Barnes and Sabonis compliment each other quite well. They could stick with Fox at PG, but they really need a solid player at SF/PF. If they went out and got somebody like Jerami Grant, I guarantee nobody wants to play against Sacramento.
I want to play them every day all day. Sabonis is a nice player... the number one issue in Sacramento is defense... Sabonis makes that worse.

He's the best player in the deal this year... next year Tyrese very well may be better than him already and he is cheap the next two years and under team control after that... Sabonis has one year left after this one... Kings betting they can retain him... its just so bad all the way around and shows a complete lack of self awareness on their part.

Doesn't really sound like the Celtics are planning to move Richardson.

I don't agree with this. Josh Richardson can guard most 1s, but he's not a PG. Celtics have been lacking ball movement and shooting in the backcourt. This just looks like posturing. Otherwise, why put it out there.

Frustrated and disappointed? Prepared? No need for preparation. It’s a part of the psyche of every Jazz fan by now.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of people on here who still think we're going to end up with someone like Harrison Barnes lol.

Then don't get him. Get something different. Or wait for the offseason. This is loud dumb for them.
I mean, you at least wait and see what the Sixers are going to do before you move Haliburton.

Simmons and Harris for Haliburton, Fox, Barnes and Hield gets you into the playoffs. Solidly. Sabonis with no Haliburton? I don't think the Kings are better today than they were yesterday. This was essentially a salary dump for them, which was dumb as ****.

Sabonis is 65 TS% this year and Randle is at 51%. They really aren’t similar players at all. Sabonis is a play finisher who looks very bad when asked to do more than that. If he wasn’t playing with Holmes, I think he’s so very well for himself in SAC playing with a more dynamic PG like Fox. He’s not some superstar, but he’s getting paid $20M a year.

Randle is a shot creator who has really only been good for one season. He also doesn’t look good when the playoff spotlight is on him because he’s not the type of talent to carry an offense, but that’s how he plays.
well i was talking about last season when Randle had a 57% TS and Sabonis 61%. yeah this season Randle's been garbage because of his struggle to hit 3 pointers.

Do you think he was a salary dump in this trade? He was obviously needed (him or someone else) to match salaries, I suppose, but that doesn't make him negative asset.
Look at his contract and his production and the years left. If he wasnt a negative asset the Pacers would have had to put more assets in the trade.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of people on here who still think we're going to end up with someone like Harrison Barnes lol.
Yeah, I’d be happier if we just accepted reality (that we are gonna crash and burn and lose in the first or second round again) and cashed in Bogey for a younger player and/or assets while he still has value. But we’re gonna wait too long for that to happen so that what could be a re-tooling will end up being a rebuild.

“Erring towards continuity” (or whatever the DLism is to describe shriveling in the face of tough decisions) is the reason we are always good but never great. It will always be so. This is the way.

I want to play them every day all day. Sabonis is a nice player... the number one issue in Sacramento is defense... Sabonis makes that worse.

He's the best player in the deal this year... next year Tyrese very well may be better than him already and he is cheap the next two years and under team control after that... Sabonis has one year left after this one... Kings betting they can retain him... its just so bad all the way around and shows a complete lack of self awareness on their part.
yep, my thoughts exactly. Hali can 100% become a better player than Sabonis within the next 2 seasons. How often do you see a 6'6 playmaker who can give you 10+ assists on any given night while shooting 40% from beyond the arc on 5 attempts.

Look at his contract and his production and the years left. If he wasnt a negative asset the Pacers would have had to put more assets in the trade.
He's been disappointing, but his contract is front-loaded. He's paid 20M next year, then 18M then FA. It's not that bad, and he does have talent, after all.

Kings need shooting now. I'll give them Clarkson for Holiday and a 2nd rounder.
Aim higher... MFer they just traded Haliburton for a PF... who plays PF for them now... Barnes... JC/Ingles for Barnes... we will even give a second rounder... Thx Sack!

He's been disappointing, but his contract is front-loaded. He's paid 20M next year, then 18M then FA. It's not that bad, and he does have talent, after all.
Hield needs to go be somebody's Jordan Clarkson, but I don't know if his pride will let him full time come off the bench.

hali to pacers also means they will look to trade Brogdon on the first day he's become trade eligible this summer