What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Whoa there... they ain't gotta move it... they have a good fanbase when the product is solid... Vivek needs to sell the team though.
Separate yourself from that you live there for a moment. If there is a team that deserves to be erased the Kings are on the short-list.

It is an absolute travesty that the Seattle SuperSonics no longer exist. If anyone wants to wrestle the Thunder back to Seattle I’m all about it but that’s not gonna happen. Maybe the Timberwolves.

At a minimum, the Jazz are going to go hard after Josh Richardson. He's a guy who can guard Ja Morant, Chris Paul, Devin Booker and Steph Curry. Jazz should beat whatever offer the Lakers put on the table.

The Kings haven't won 45 games in 15+ years. If that's what they get out this deal, they will throw a parade.
I live here... they won't. It will be a one year 40 game win season and then they overpay Sabonis or watch him walk and endure another 4-5 years of bull ****.

Separate yourself from that you live there for a moment. If there is a team that deserves to be erased the Kings are on the short-list.

It is an absolute travesty that the Seattle SuperSonics no longer exist. If anyone wants to wrestle the Thunder back to Seattle I’m all about it but that’s not gonna happen. Maybe the Timberwolves.
Maybe... when things were good it was wild out here though... and honestly when there was hope they supported the rough years... they have been beaten into submission. This one will be interesting.

I think Sacramento was the team that traded back in the lottery in 2011 to draft Jimmer Fredette when they could have had Kemba Walker.
They have more mistakes than you can count.... that one may be top ten but they passed up more than just Kemba.

Haven't touched 40 wins in 15+ years either.
Cool it was a great move and the whole front office and ownership group should have a dinner party to celebrate maybe going from ****** to kind of ****** for one year.... I mean they have been ****** for a long time so that should totally direct our future planning and current decisions.

Its a total bull **** move... the fans won't be impressed with a 40 win season even though they haven't seen one in a while... These are the EXACT types of moves that will keep them ****** for 15+, 20+, 25+ years. Don't try and short cut from ****** to mediocre and neuter your future.

They have made solid decisions the last few years in the draft and needed another year or two of solid decisions to have something pretty good going. They have no patience... its not coming from the fanbase... its coming from the ego of the owner and the fans get to suffer.

Gosh y'all are wearing the Kings out.

What did you expect them to do, keep Haliburton, re-sign him and pay Fox, Hield and Haliburton a combined $90 million to try to do the same thing?

It isn't perfect, but it could work better than what they got now.

What did you expect them to do, keep Haliburton, re-sign him and pay Fox, Hield and Haliburton a combined $90 million to try to do the same thing?

Holy **** dude... don't be dumb. They don't have to even think about what they are paying Haliburton for 2.5 years. You can figure out the log jam later... and a log jam with guards and wings is just fine.

In 1.5 years they will be paying Fox his salary and Sabonis like what 35-40M per year. They locked themselves in to Fox/Sabonis going forward... hopefully it works out for them but the salary cap issues come a year earlier with this deal and they have a catastrophic outcome potential that Sabonis says I don't want to be here. They will have to overpay.

Holy **** dude... don't be dumb. They don't have to even think about what they are paying Haliburton for 2.5 years. You can figure out the log jam later... and a log jam with guards and wings is just fine.

In 1.5 years they will be paying Fox his salary and Sabonis like what 35-40M per year. They locked themselves in to Fox/Sabonis going forward... hopefully it works out for them but the salary cap issues come a year earlier with this deal and they have a catastrophic outcome potential that Sabonis says I don't want to be here. They will have to overpay.

Just remember who you’re replying to. His name around here is Skip Bayless.

Honestly, they don't do anything until Simmons is off the table. They could have set themselves up for years with Simmons/Harris, dumping Fox and Hield. They could have completely rebuilt their team around an All NBA player and a 20/8 guy who is a PF who can hit threes.

I understand you are passionate about this. I get it. Cool.

I think Sabonis is a stud, and I think Sacramento did okay in this trade. They should have done better, but I understand why they did it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I understand you are passionate about this. I get it. Cool.

I think Sabonis is a stud, and I think Sacramento did okay in this trade. They should have done better, but I understand why they did it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Sabonis is a good player... to say they did this because they were worried about paying Haliburton is dumb. It's the same logic OKC used to dump Harden... but only if they did it 1.5 years before they actually did.

There was just no cap reason to do this.

The roster is so wonky now too... Fox, Mitchell, Barnes?, Sabonis, Holmes? or Fox, Mitchell, Holiday, Barnes, Sabonis? The defense is so bad... and Fox is a big part of that... Sabonis will make that so much worse... so you play Holmes and Sabonis together?

Sabonis also can't shoot. So do you go with a bad spacing lineup or a bad defensive lineup. They also gave away a GREAT shooter in the deal. I think there is a legit shot they either stayed about the same or got slightly worse now and will definitely be worse going forward. They have a couple days to figure out a way out of their log jam and make some sense out of it I guess.

I don't get it. Teams will just drop into the paint on them... who will hurt them from 3? Sabonis at the 5 lineups are already flammable... with the kings perimeter guys pouring some gas on that fire I'm sure it won't be worse???