What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Now that Barnes and probably Grant are out of reach, I want John Collins. He's the type guy who could invigorate us down the stretch. Plays with passion. Plays hard.

Clarkson, Gay, Hernangomez's expiring and maybe even Bojan should be considered.

NAW and Collins could give us some much needed youth, athleticism and potential to move forward with.

If Grant and Barnes are out of reach, how on earth is John Collins supposed to be in reach? The Hawks are willing to move him for Ben Simmons, but not necessarily some run-of-the-mill deal.

NAW is probably a better player than Hughes, and the seconds we are moving are late enough where we could just use the tax savings we are creating and buy back into the ends of those second rounds if we want.

Ingles will likely play in a Jazz uniform again if he plays at all.

I feel like we got good value and didn’t really give anything up of value, but also didn’t really do anything of note to fix our known issues.

If there isn’t another move to be made, this move feels like more of an admission that this build ain’t it. Which I think is realistic (personally).

Hughes has the potential to be like a smaller version of Reggie Bullock, but not a whole lot more, imo. He doesn't really have the footwork to create for himself. He's a catch-and-shoot guy who can straight-line drive a little. His handle is also loose, and it results in some awful turnovers.

If Grant and Barnes are out of reach, how on earth is John Collins supposed to be in reach? The Hawks are willing to move him for Ben Simmons, but not necessarily some run-of-the-mill deal.
Collins is still unhappy. Sixers didn't want just Collins. They wanted to use Atlanta to dump Harris and get multiple 1st round picks from Atlanta too.

Supposedly Atlanta wants a starter and a 1st for Collins. We could do that.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If I'm SAC, Clarkson and a first for Barnes doesn't get it done. They would want another pick asset which we don't have.

Clarkson and a first for Richardson? Possibly, but Boston would definitely demand a sweetener for taking on the extra year of salary. Then again, they might just want any asset for Richardson knowing they won't be able to resign him.

The Sixers/Hawks trade failed because the Hawks didn't want to take Tobias.
I think going after Collins is very optimistic, but you just never know. Atlanta is worried about finances since Trae has his huge salary coming, Huerter too, Capella just got paid and Hunter is due soon.

Mainly, Atlanta is barely in the playoff picture and Collins is unhappy.

Maybe we send them Bojan and Clarkson. Maybe a 1st too. I think it might be worth it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If I'm SAC, Clarkson and a first for Barnes doesn't get it done. They would want another pick asset which we don't have.

Clarkson and a first for Richardson? Possibly, but Boston would definitely demand a sweetener for taking on the extra year of salary. Then again, they might just want any asset for Richardson knowing they won't be able to resign him.
According to every report I've seen, Barnes is no longer available.

I fully expect Schroder to get moved tomorrow. I doubt they move Schroder AND Richardson unless reports are false.

Celtics, lol. We don't wanna move this guy but we also don't wanna move Smart and Richardson but we need to get under tax. These leaks are so obvious.

The Wizards don't know what they're doing right now. They could inadvertently give us Kuzma or Hachimura or something for Clarkson.

Kings might go all in. That's a damn good team if they pull it off:

Fox, Davion Mitchell, Grant, Barnes and Sabonis

How can you spend all day talking about basketball and think things like this?

I don't know much about NAW. Stats seem horrible but in comparison with Clarkson:
Is he a better defender? Is he also a ball hog? Is he familiar with a concept of PnR?

We have the staff in place to improve that. He also will be playing with much better spacing and players than previously.
You are all assuming he will actually play.