What's new

Trade Dwill?

more thrilling rep discussion, keep it up gang

I know I'll never hear teh end of it, but I would take CP over DWill most of the time.

i'd take russell westbrook over deron williams most of the time, much less chris paul

I know I'll never hear teh end of it, but I would take CP over DWill most of the time.

I thought this for quite some time. Then I had occasion to watch more Hornets ball and saw a difference that tipped the scales for me. CP3 can only perform at all on the ball, demands the ball, and is somewhat of a ball-hog and pouts when another team mate does something without his "approval". I watched one stretch where they were getting some fast breaks and for about 3 in a row the team threw the ball out ahead and didn't hit CP3 for the cutoff. They made baskets each time and I thought did the right thing, getting ahead of the defense and taking advantage of a 2 or 3 on 1 situation, but each time you could see CP3 give up on the play and stand there kinda shaking his head with his hands on his hips. Then at a timeout he obviously chewed a couple of them out. After the timeout they had a similar play available but instead of going upcourt the rebounder found CP3 to give him the ball and their 2 on 1 at the other end was stalled out while CP3 walked the ball up the court. Of course they scored and CP3 got the assist so he was happy. So from what I have seen, despite his assist numbers, he is not the greatest leader or team player. I also didn't feel like he had the same passion D Will does.

Now D Will's passion does take him out of games now and then, but he also converts it into leadership and drive for the team not just himself. In all they are pretty close as players and stats go, but with D Will's drive, ability to play multiple positions, and CP3's durability issues I am glad we took him over CP3.

As much as I dislike his current whining. Definitely not going to trade him this year, but if there is a season next year and does not sound intent on signing an extension then you have to start thinking about it. Getting a trade exception for him is not enough that is for sure. Still feel we made right choice with him over Paul.

I thought this for quite some time. Then I had occasion to watch more Hornets ball and saw a difference that tipped the scales for me. CP3 can only perform at all on the ball, demands the ball, and is somewhat of a ball-hog and pouts when another team mate does something without his "approval". I watched one stretch where they were getting some fast breaks and for about 3 in a row the team threw the ball out ahead and didn't hit CP3 for the cutoff. They made baskets each time and I thought did the right thing, getting ahead of the defense and taking advantage of a 2 or 3 on 1 situation, but each time you could see CP3 give up on the play and stand there kinda shaking his head with his hands on his hips. Then at a timeout he obviously chewed a couple of them out. After the timeout they had a similar play available but instead of going upcourt the rebounder found CP3 to give him the ball and their 2 on 1 at the other end was stalled out while CP3 walked the ball up the court. Of course they scored and CP3 got the assist so he was happy. So from what I have seen, despite his assist numbers, he is not the greatest leader or team player. I also didn't feel like he had the same passion D Will does.

Now D Will's passion does take him out of games now and then, but he also converts it into leadership and drive for the team not just himself. In all they are pretty close as players and stats go, but with D Will's drive, ability to play multiple positions, and CP3's durability issues I am glad we took him over CP3.

Thank you. +8

Chris Paul is a great player that I hate to watch. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. When I read Bill Simmons and he puts Paul on the Must See list, I question his basketball sense. Steve Nash, I get. Chris Paul, I don't. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble.

Chris Paul is a great player that I hate to watch. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. When I read Bill Simmons and he puts Paul on the Must See list, I question his basketball sense. Steve Nash, I get. Chris Paul, I don't. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble.

Agreed. For sheer entertainment value Nash is hard to beat. He is everywhere all the time and moves in and out of traffic with the ball in a way that reminds me of Walter Payton in his prime.

Hardens going to be a star, if hes ever giving minutes. An Westbrooks already there. I seriously dont see the Thunder taking that trade though.

I think until Sloan is gone, nothing will change in Jazz land...regardless of players.

That the reason I hate Sloan. Things never change. Lets play a 34 yr old Raja Bell 35 minutes and pLay at 23 yr old Miles 20. I dont get it Sloan. Miles if the all around better player!

I just reread my last post and tried to fix my errors but it didnt save. So that was Play Miles 20 minutes and Miles is the better Player

I just reread my last post and tried to fix my errors but it didnt save. So that was Play Miles 20 minutes and Miles is the better Player

Yeah to edit you have to go to advanced edit. Known bug.

And you are right about Bell vs CJ. CJ should be getting the lions share of the minutes between those 2.

We need to start over with a back court of Steph Curry and Jimmer Fredette. Then we will win all of the Championships.