What's new

Trade everyone of value(Rudy)ex Mitchell

♪alt13

Everyone is tradeable. Hypothetical; what would you want/could you get for Rudy and the gang?

I can't imagine it being that high now that the NBA is transitioning away from defensive Centers who are offensively challenged.

I mean teams like the Warriors, the Wizards, the Lakers, etc, these teams aren't even finishing their games with their starting Centers.

Yeah. I think Rudy's value is relatively low. He is a game changer on the defensive end (alters the game more than stats show). However, offensively he is still a liability. He is finishing a bit better this year and has shown some improvement, but he could use a "Tim Duncan push shot" or something that gives him an offensive weapon other than dunking or finishing on a roll.

However, too play along with the hypothetical, the only type of player that the Jazz would want from Rudy is someone around Donovan's age and compliments his game. I think we are still figuring out who Donovan is. Can he play the point? Can he become more consistent with his three point shot? Can he defend the 2 guard position at a high enough level all year? I am optimistic, but I think we need to wait until the end of the year before we can really evaluate the kid.

In my opinion, Rudy needs to be paired with a stretch 4. Then we wouldn't even be playing with this hypothetical.

I forgot to add. If the Jazz let go of Gobert, the player would have to be the Pippen to Donovan's Jordan. Or the Malone to Donovan's Stockton... Or the Kemp to Donovan's Payton...etc.

hate to say this.
donovan is a sick player, but I have a feeling we could potentially get the player that DM plays second fiddle to. Like a KD type of player.

I forgot to add. If the Jazz let go of Gobert, the player would have to be the Pippen to Donovan's Jordan. Or the Malone to Donovan's Stockton... Or the Kemp to Donovan's Payton...etc.

I have a feeling we're going to hit a home run in the draft, going to be _______, gobert, mitchell. Mitchell and gobert will be his side kick.

I have a feeling we're going to hit a home run in the draft, going to be _______, gobert, mitchell. Mitchell and gobert will be his side kick.

That would be a dream come true, but I won't bank on a rookie until I see him live. I hope you are right though. We need another piece that ties our core together.

It's a buyers market right now, especially on centers. Don't think you'd get anywhere near the return value.

I think it makes all the sense in the world to do what the Jazz should already be doing: find four floor spacers, at least one superstar among them, elite D, and high IQ ball. Gobert fits perfectly into that.

Regarding Rudy, it's still worth having an elite rim protector, paint protector and rebounder. Plus, the fact that he's hitting 2/3 of his free-throws means he's not really an offensive liability at this point. His gravity pulls defenses down to counter shooters who space defenders out. I wouldn't look to trade him right now. If we pick up Jaren Jackson, and Jackson seems to dominate at the 5, then consider it. In other words, wait for someone to push Rudy out of the line-up rather than trade him proactively.

Regarding Mitchell, he's an ideal lead guard in that he's a 3-level scorer, underrated passer and has the ability to break a trap or pick-and-roll defense to get into the paint at will. That said, at 6'3" he's a go-to scorer, but not the ideal go-to scorer since teams can put a 6'8" defender on him and ultimately slow him down.

What the Jazz need in the worst way is an athletic two-way forward who can create and knock down shots, both inside and out. So when defense tightens up, the Jazz have another guy who can just create and get buckets. Joe Johnson played that role for us last year, and you can see how instrumental he was come playoff time. He outshined Hayward in a couple games during that Clippers series. Hood hasn't quite become that guy this year, as he's more of a complementary player.

If the Jazz trade out Hood and Favors, I'm hoping we can find our way to a top-7 pick and come away with Porter or Jackson from this draft.

Donovan is going to be an MVP candidate in the coming years assuming the Jazz are winning. And he'll be putting up MVP caliber numbers even if we're not winning enough for him to get consideration. And Rudy is the best defensive player in the NBA. It would take a hell of an offer for me to trade them.

No reason to trade Gobert or Mitchell because you won't get back close to their value. That could always change in the future. Maybe Donovan doesn't progress (still probably a max player right now which is crazy) or Rudy gets worse or something. It would be almost impossible to come out on top if you trade them.

Regarding Mitchell, he's an ideal lead guard in that he's a 3-level scorer, underrated passer and has the ability to break a trap or pick-and-roll defense to get into the paint at will. That said, at 6'3" he's a go-to scorer, but not the ideal go-to scorer since teams can put a 6'8" defender on him and ultimately slow him down.

The Jazz desperately need more playmakers, but Mitchell can and will likely be the go-to scorer for the Jazz for a long time. What's it matter if he's 6'3'' if he can do whatever he wants on the court? He's not gonna be a second banana imo.

Reactions: SCS