What's new

Trade Idea with Houston

Justys

Would you Jazzfanz be open to Utah making a trade with Houston maybe Terrance Williams, Kevin Martin for Al Jefferson, Bell.

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3ossm6f

Utah can use the 3rd pick on Kanter or JV and the 12th pick on Jimmer or Walker and I think Houston would do this becasue they get a decent center in Jefferson and they can replace what Martin and Williams did in the draft.

Harris-Jimmer
Martin-Miles
Hayward, Williams
Millsap-Favors
Kanter-Fez

Or they could package the 3rd pick, Miles (i'd really perfer it be Bell or neither and the rights to Tomic), Memo, for the 14th,Hill, and Martin. And I think Houston would pull the trigger on this for the chance to land Kanter or JV, Miles (still has potential) and he and Memo our in the last years of there deals. Plus they already have Lee, Budinger,Williams waiting to take over at the 2/3 and Patterson, Hayes, Scola, Thabeet waitin at the 4-5

Utah could then use the 12th pick on Jimmer and 14th on Singleton

Harris-Jimmer
Martin-Bell
Hayward-Singleton
Favors-Millsap
Jefferson-Hill

I like the 2nd offer better, I think a line up of Harris, Martin, Hayward, Favors, Jefferson which would put Jimmer in the perfect spot, to be a play making scorer, to go along side some defensive minded players in Bell,Singleton,Hill. Which would leave Millsap with plenty shots on the 2nd unit.

I said it a few minutes ago in another thread, but I don't want Kevin Martin.

He's a defensive liability, and way past his prime.

He can score with the best of them and thats something that Utah has lacked from the 2 spot and if Utah drafted Singleton Utah could always have Hayward/Singleton to be the lock down defender.

Have people been watching the jazz lately? we need DEFENSE, not crappy versions of Adrian Dantley & Carlos Boozer

I am not a Houston fan but I like lee a lot. Thabeet is to match salaries and Williams has a ton of potential if he keeps his head on straight.

I like Williams and he does have potential and Utah does need a SF, Lee can be great but I'd much rathertry and trade for Martin and if I'm asking for a big I'm going hill, patternson, then thabeet. And I'd be OK if it were the 3rd pick bell and memo for martin, hill and the 23 rd pick Houston owns, which couldturn into Reggie Jackson and use the. 12 the pick on Singleton. You have youth, vets, offense and defense.

Jackson
Hayward
Singleton
Favors
Hill
Decent future core

Why don;t we just trade for Maggette? Jazz tried to get him about 6 years ago - certainly they still like him.

If we do any trades, Jazz must get younger veteran(s). Favors, Hayward and whoever we draft will be ready to start making noise in 2-3 years. We don't need a veteran already on the decline or who will be headed downhill just as the young 'uns are hitting their strides.

dudes, you're pointing up to a "youth movement" post when the original trade idea gets rid of our oldest player and Jefferson for a younger player and a player of a similar age as Jefferson (Martin).

I'd pull the ****ing trigger on a Martin-Williams for Jefferson-Bell trade any day of the week.

As for the OP, I'd draft a little differently, since I want nothing to do with Jimmer...

Then, I'd be working portland for a Matthews-Harris trade. Roughly, here's what I'd want our depth chart to be if we could trade for Martin:

Watson, Charles Jenkins (acquired with POR's 21st), Kyle Weaver (thin at PG? Yes, but I'd be running the offense thru Hayward quite a bit)
Martin, Matthews, Hayward
Hayward, CJ, Evans
Millsap, Kanter
Favors, Biyombo, Memo

(POR trade: Matthews, Eliot Williams, rights to Jenkins for Devin Harris)

Last edited:
Remember when the Jazz acquired Al Jefferson and everyone said that he would be the difference-maker inside?
Face it, it's easy to overrate players you don't see 82 times a year and automatically assume they'll be much better fits for the Jazz just because they have the reputation as a scorer.

Remember when the Jazz acquired Al Jefferson and everyone said that he would be the difference-maker inside?
Face it, it's easy to overrate players you don't see 82 times a year and automatically assume they'll be much better fits for the Jazz just because they have the reputation as a scorer.

would you like to be more specific with your reference here?

Also, many signs point to Martin's game working here. There are as many signs that we need his game here.

would you like to be more specific with your reference here?

Also, many signs point to Martin's game working here. There are as many signs that we need his game here.
Highly efficient scorer who draws a ton of fous, but doesn't play defense, doesn't create for others, and can't stay healthy.

Highly efficient scorer who draws a ton of fous, but doesn't play defense, doesn't create for others, and can't stay healthy.

He's damned efficient, you're right about that. You forgot to mention how its better to have this type of profile when you aren't guarding the rim (and taking touches from Mills, Favors, etc.), thus making this trade more palatable. You don't trade an incomplete player for a complete one very often. Good points, however.

Jefferson isn't very efficient and never has been. At least not when compared to Martin (he's in his own category of scoring efficiency). I also believe scoring proficiency is far more important on the perimeter (harder to defend), and that defense is less important on the perimeter as it is inside (your bigs have to concerned about their matchup and 4 other players, a 1-3 can glue themself to their matchup and still fail if help is there).

But if we're rebuilding, we don't need to be adding MORE 28-year olds.

Jefferson isn't very efficient and never has been. At least not when compared to Martin (he's in his own category of scoring efficiency). I also believe scoring proficiency is far more important on the perimeter (harder to defend), and that defense is less important on the perimeter as it is inside (your bigs have to concerned about their matchup and 4 other players, a 1-3 can glue themself to their matchup and still fail if help is there).

But if we're rebuilding, we don't need to be adding MORE 28-year olds.

I would consider 50% from the field pretty ****in efficient

I would consider 50% from the field pretty ****in efficient

Free throws? 3-pointers? It's all about PPS/eFG%/TS% if you want to talk efficiency. Also, for a big considered an unstoppable force, you hope you AT LEAST get above 50% (which Al didn't even do or just barely did and has been doing).

Kevin Martin is in his own category for scoring volume/efficiency and has been for years.

Free throws? 3-pointers? It's all about PPS/eFG%/TS% if you want to talk efficiency. Also, for a big considered an unstoppable force, you hope you AT LEAST get above 50% (which Al didn't even do or just barely did and has been doing).

Kevin Martin is in his own category for scoring volume/efficiency and has been for years.

Ok 76% from the FT line is pretty good for a guy his size and there are very few bigs that shoot 3's.

Efficiency rating from big name bigs:
Dwight Howard- 28
Kevin Love- 28
Blake Griffin- 26
Pau Gasol- 25
Amare- 25
Randolph- 24
Dirk- 24
Aldridge- 23
Horford-23
Big Al- 22
David Lee-21
Garnett-21
Millsap- 21
Bosh- 20
David West- 20
Boozer- 20
Scola- 20
Odom- 20
Duncan- 20
Noah- 20
Bogut- 20
Nene-20
Bynum- 19
Lopez- 18
Chandler- 17
Marc Gasol- 17
Humphries- 17
Hibbert- 15

Big Al 3rd in efficiency among C's and 10 among all PF's and C's. Thats pretty impressive dude