What's new

Trade idea

I guess you do this trade if you're sure MKG is a franchise player..... dead sure.

Requiring a franchise player is way too much for that package. Anyone would trade that for Anthony Davis in a heartbeat.

If you look at the package as Jefferson's expiring, GSW's 7-9 at best and 2nd round picks worst case, and Utah's 15 or worse pick then what is the package worth? I think an Andre Iguodala or Luol Deng caliber player is easily worth a potential late lottery + late first round + bad contract. Does Charlotte need to take back Bell and/or give cash to even it up? Throw in a 2nd rounder?

Ok ive only read one page of this thread, but...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH HARRIS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you.

Besides the fact that the Jazz would land a stud in MKG at number 2, an underrated aspect of the trade would be DJ Augustine -

Player A Stats/36 mins: 13.9 pts/6.4ast/2.5TO/42%FG/33%3pt/78%FT
Player B Stats/36 mins: 14.6 pts/6.0ast/2.2TO/40%FG/37%3pt/88%FT

Who would you rather have?

Player A is Kyle Lowry, who the Rockets want to use as the primary chip for Pau Gasol or Dwight Howard (LOL) and Player B is D.J. Augustin. I'd take Augustin/MKG over just Lillard everyday of the week...

How about lets be realistic. To obtain the second pick we would have to give something up.

How about enes Kanter? + something

Besides the fact that the Jazz would land a stud in MKG at number 2, an underrated aspect of the trade would be DJ Augustine -

Player A is Kyle Lowry, who the Rockets want to use as the primary chip for Pau Gasol or Dwight Howard (LOL) and Player B is D.J. Augustin. I'd take Augustin/MKG over just Lillard everyday of the week...

Again Augustine has shot an average of 39% the last three seasons. He isn't a starting PG as he is way to undersized. Not to mention, he shot 37.6% this year not 40%

Tyrus Thomas, Augustine*, #2, for Jefferson, GSW pick, and a future top 4 protected pick.

Thomas' contract sucks and reports on Augustine are that he didn't improve much. If he's serviceable for 6 years then Jazz get set with potentially 6 solid young guys and cap room to either go after veteran FA's or retain financial flexibility in preparation to re-sign the young guys.

Augustine
Hayward, Burks
MKG, Hayward
Favors, Millsap
Kanter

*Bobcats can s-n-t Augustine as long as he doesn't sign an offer sheet from another team. See Larry Coon #88.

I don't think Bobcats get enough but this would be a solid trade foundation to build upon.

They only do this if we throw in kanter too

I think Augustine is overrated as an underrated stud. And didn't he also play for the worst team in league history?

So swap Augustine for Kemba. I don't know if anyone on this website noticed but my OP was open to modifications. A quick search of Bobcat thought--which seems as close to non-existent as you can get--indicates not too much love for Kemba. They don't see a lotto pick from the guy... begging for a pound thirteen. Kid is not undersized and had a reasonable rookie season ON THE BOBCATS.

MKG's shot is broken. He needs to start from scratch to fix the stupid hitch he has in it. I'd be concerned drafting at #2. A package to get Lillard makes a lot more sense.

MKG's shot is broken. He needs to start from scratch to fix the stupid hitch he has in it. I'd be concerned drafting at #2. A package to get Lillard makes a lot more sense.

They needn't be mutually exclusive.

The more I hear about MKG, the more Ronnie Brewer screams out at me. The only difference I see between Brewer and MKG? MKG played with 4 lotto picks and Brewer played on Arkansas.

Lillard or Lamb from UConn.