What's new

Trade Idea

Justys

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77fpk7v

Golden State gets there Big man there looking for, while showing to Steph Curry that they want to build around him. Then they use there cap space to sign A. Affalo.

Utah gets a starting SG/back up PG in Ellis while adding a talented SF in Wright. While opening up minutes for Kanter/Favors

I really like it for both teams. Also you guys remember last year, when DWill and Ellis got into it and had to be pulled apart. Then pretty much went one on one after that. Dang I miss WIlliams! Change of heart, after remembering that he won't sign an extension with N.J. Please KOC bring on Ellis

Wow that is a terrible trade for Utah. Not only are we getting a player who does not fit here but we are taking on more salary in the long run.

I like it. Maybe not my ideal trade but it gets rid of Jefferson. I think its an upgrade.. I still get the feeling that the Jazz won't make a big trade like that. The next big trade will probably be shipping off Favors in five or six years because we are worried he is going to leave

I thought Burks is supposed to be great, and Hayward is God, so why do we need another SG?... one that gets paid 11 mil no less?

I thought Burks is supposed to be great, and Hayward is God, so why do we need another SG?... one that gets paid 11 mil no less?
No, CJ is God and he'll be a FA after this season. Seriously, I think the future plans of the Jazz hinge on two variables that will be answered this season:
1) Can Hayward play the 2?
2) Can Millsap play SF?

Utah is set at the 4/5. Well, provided Kanter develops. If not, then Millsap stays at PF and Jefferson remains on the team.
I see Burks and Hayward as solid rotation players. If Gordon can play SG, he creates a tremendous mismatch with his size and that would be the best place for him. If not, then he's a small 3 and the Jazz need to draft another SF (if Millsap isn't a viable option).

Late last season, the Jazz showed some fight, enough for me to think they'll be close to a .500 team. But that won't be good enough to make the playoffs. So count on at least one lottery pick and potentially two (depending on GS). The draft always has pretty good depth at SF/SG. There is simply no reason at this point to trade a big and take on a high salary for a SG.

I'd really like them to try to get Maynor back from the Thunder. They just drafted Reggie Jackson who I also really like. One of these guys does not have a future there.

I'd really like them to try to get Maynor back from the Thunder. They just drafted Reggie Jackson who I also really like. One of these guys does not have a future there.

I like it, but who do we send to OKC and would the accept/need it?

I don't know, really. Jackson and Maynor are both players I personally like a lot. I would give up a pick for either.

No, CJ is God and he'll be a FA after this season. Seriously, I think the future plans of the Jazz hinge on two variables that will be answered this season:
1) Can Hayward play the 2?
2) Can Millsap play SF?

Utah is set at the 4/5. Well, provided Kanter develops. If not, then Millsap stays at PF and Jefferson remains on the team.
I see Burks and Hayward as solid rotation players. If Gordon can play SG, he creates a tremendous mismatch with his size and that would be the best place for him. If not, then he's a small 3 and the Jazz need to draft another SF (if Millsap isn't a viable option).

Late last season, the Jazz showed some fight, enough for me to think they'll be close to a .500 team. But that won't be good enough to make the playoffs. So count on at least one lottery pick and potentially two (depending on GS). The draft always has pretty good depth at SF/SG. There is simply no reason at this point to trade a big and take on a high salary for a SG.

I don't quite understand?? Hayward already showed he can play at the 2 imo. also, i feel like you are kind of dreaming small. in a couple years hayward and Burks will be so much more than rotation players. just watch!!

This is new news. (And happy news if you are not a fan of Jefferson)

AlexKennedyNBA profile

AlexKennedyNBA I've heard a few rumors involving Al Jefferson today. It sounds like the Utah Jazz are shopping him.