What's new

Trade Ideas. What do you all think?

Justys

Just wondering what you guys think.

D-WIll for Trey Burke, J. Cooley, C. Johnson, G. Jerrett. They need a rebuild after Lopez leaves this summer. Saves them a ton of money and they get some young project players. Utah would have the cap space avble this summer to absorb his contract.

Utah sees what plays out in Portland. - lose in the 1st round, LA wants to leave- My goal would be Batum (Goberts buddy?) I'd offer up Alec Burk, lotto pick, 2nd rounder for Batum/there 1st rounder.

Sign Tomic or use other 2nd/ portland 1st / future g.s./okc picks to move up in the draft and draft best avble big.

Pick up Bookers option, resign Ingles.

Exum / Dwill / Cotton
Batum / Hood
Hayward/ Ingles
Favors / Booker
Gobert / Tomic / Pick

It would be a gamble but overall a pretty exciting team to watch with a solid bench!

Anyways what do you guys think? Love it hate it discuss.

I want Dwill back as much as anyone but as it stands his contract is way too large. Only way we get him is through a Josh Smith situation where he gets cut and we get him on the cheap.

Also the trade is impossible since the contracts on our side probably add up to around 5 million and Dwill is around 20 million....

i have mentioned batum and he is sucking right now and I would not give up Burks for him. He will be a unrestricted free agent next year and the Jazz could just out right sign him cheap. I think him and gobert are friends.

I like the idea of adding d-will to mentor Exum. I think that would be a good trade for both teams.

personally if we are going to add anyone i would go after barnes from GSW they cant keep all their players and Green is going to get a big contract this summer.

i have mentioned batum and he is sucking right now and I would not give up Burks for him. He will be a unrestricted free agent next year and the Jazz could just out right sign him cheap. I think him and gobert are friends.

I like the idea of adding d-will to mentor Exum. I think that would be a good trade for both teams.

personally if we are going to add anyone i would go after barnes from GSW they cant keep all their players and Green is going to get a big contract this summer.

Not a fan of any of those trades... If we take on Dwill we need to get a lot of other assets. He also doesn't seem like the mentor type. There is also the whole CBA thing and making trades work that make it hard.

I don't hate the idea of Batum, but I don't think anyone will be cheap next year. My guess is he rebounds this next year (in a contract year) and signs a decent deal. I might give up the OKC pick or GSW pick for him to take a one year tryout.

Barnes is just so meh to me. If we could get him at a discount then sure, but he isn't worth our lotto pick.

I think we will keep it simple this summer. Add Tomic, keep Booker, maybe parlay our way into a higher pick, and maybe move Trey Burke (either to move up the draft or get a future first).

Absorb how? You still have to trade for it and send back a near equivalent amount of salary back.

Not if you wait until free agency begins and we have cap space... then it doesn't have to be equal. It would be a stupid use of all of our cap space and unguaranteed contracts. It is only plausible if they give him the Josh Smiff treatment... which based on his play could happen.

Not if you wait until free agency begins and we have cap space... then it doesn't have to be equal. It would be a stupid use of all of our cap space and unguaranteed contracts. It is only plausible if they give him the Josh Smiff treatment... which based on his play could happen.

What, are you sure?

What, are you sure?

If we are under the cap we can assume salaries in a trade... Remember the Biedrens & Jefferson deal? I think you can mix and match too... like we could send 5-7 M worth of salaries their way and they could send $20 M our way as long as we have 15+ M of cap room.

If we are under the cap we can assume salaries in a trade... Remember the Biedrens & Jefferson deal? I think you can mix and match too... like we could send 5-7 M worth of salaries their way and they could send $20 M our way as long as we have 15+ M of cap room.

i wasnt sure about this either. They keep changing the rules

Here in PDX, everyone thinks Batum is done with the NBA and going to play in France. Maybe we could get him for OKC's pick since PDX would lose him for nothing.

Would he want to play with Gobert? Plus, he makes like 11 mill next year. Spendy.

Also the trade is impossible since the contracts on our side probably add up to around 5 million and Dwill is around 20 million....

Not during the summer because of there cap space. They could absorb his contract

No thanks to these guys. I want me some Meyers Leonard as our backup bigman though, I just can't decide how much I'd be willing to give up for him.

So blow up our new found chemistry and defensive identity for a ball punching over the hill bitch and a gruff, ******* with a horrible contract? That about what you want to do? No thanks. I have no interest in getting anybody with a bad rep with teammates. Especially guys that are overpaid, over the hill or both.

So blow up our new found chemistry and defensive identity for a ball punching over the hill bitch and a gruff, ******* with a horrible contract? That about what you want to do? No thanks. I have no interest in getting anybody with a bad rep with teammates. Especially guys that are overpaid, over the hill or both.

So, you wouldn't trade for a guy who is underpaid (16 mill this year, 17 mill next year), wants to win more than anything, spent three plus years being second fiddle to a superstar, never once complained about it,is a top defender at his position, is a top rebounder for his position, and is an excellent passer?

Lol. Ok. The question is not should you trade for Westbrook. The question is why would OKC trade him.

If you thought Utah was dumb for not moving Kanter for Harden, that would be a smart move compared to not moving Favors for Westbrook.

And I think Favors is our best player and will be an allstar next year. I love Favors. He is as close to untouchable as you can be in my book.

But Westbrook is a MVP guy. He is a team player. He will play defense. He's underpaid. He's never complained about OKC.

So, you wouldn't trade for a guy who is underpaid (16 mill this year, 17 mill next year), wants to win more than anything, spent three plus years being second fiddle to a superstar, never once complained about it,is a top defender at his position, is a top rebounder for his position, and is an excellent passer?

Lol. Ok. The question is not should you trade for Westbrook. The question is why would OKC trade him.

If you thought Utah was dumb for not moving Kanter for Harden, that would be a smart move compared to not moving Favors for Westbrook.

And I think Favors is our best player and will be an allstar next year. I love Favors. He is as close to untouchable as you can be in my book.

But Westbrook is a MVP guy. He is a team player. He will play defense. He's underpaid. He's never complained about OKC.
Where the hell did I say anything about Westbrooke? The OP was about Batum and DWill not Westbrook. But no I don't think I'd trade Favors for Westbrook either. It has more to do with the odds of them staying here into the future than with the skill of play from them. But a short term rental is not worth trading your best player who loves being here.

Where the hell did I say anything about Westbrooke? The OP was about Batum and DWill not Westbrook. But no I don't think I'd trade Favors for Westbrook either. It has more to do with the odds of them staying here into the future than with the skill of play from them. But a short term rental is not worth trading your best player who loves being here.

Fair enough. Your post could have easily been talking about Westbrook. The dude calls his mom everyday. I'm not so sure he'd leave if we were winning 60 games a year and he was an MVP here. I love Favors. But I'd move him for Westbrook.

Just wondering what you guys think.

D-WIll for Trey Burke, J. Cooley, C. Johnson, G. Jerrett. They need a rebuild after Lopez leaves this summer. Saves them a ton of money and they get some young project players. Utah would have the cap space avble this summer to absorb his contract.

Utah sees what plays out in Portland. - lose in the 1st round, LA wants to leave- My goal would be Batum (Goberts buddy?) I'd offer up Alec Burk, lotto pick, 2nd rounder for Batum/there 1st rounder.

Sign Tomic or use other 2nd/ portland 1st / future g.s./okc picks to move up in the draft and draft best avble big.

Pick up Bookers option, resign Ingles.

Exum / Dwill / Cotton
Batum / Hood
Hayward/ Ingles
Favors / Booker
Gobert / Tomic / Pick

It would be a gamble but overall a pretty exciting team to watch with a solid bench!

Anyways what do you guys think? Love it hate it discuss.

Justys these are garbage and you know it.

What we need to do is make up with Kanter. Offer him a fair contract and promise to use him correctly. More specifically, promise him we will let him pass the ball and rake up assists like in OKC. He needs to know we wont pressure him to score every time he touches the ball.

I'd rather spend the max on Middleton/Green than trade for Deron on 22 ****ing million for the next two years. Deron is broken, people. Get Deron from 5 years ago out of your minds, he's not the same player anymore. He's shooting 2% higher from the field than Trey! That's how bad he is right now! He's worse than Trey around the rim.