What's new

Trade Proposal to Indiana : Thoughts

We take on the contracts of Granger/Green & 1st rounders 2014 & 2016

Indian only does this if they have prearranged this trade with the Jazz & They have prearranged the signing of

OJ Mayo 4/$32
&
Carl Landry 4/$25

Sure they give away picks and a favorite in Granger:

But we take on $18M and we have no idea if Granger will make it back. The picks are compensation for us helping them build a championship team.

2 picks for 2 great players for their core, we get a former All Star and 2 picks.

I think Indiana does this.

Why would anyone trade for an almost max money player, (who will never play again) for a pair of junk picks? Those pics can be bought for 3 million each. Huge NO.

Why would anyone trade for an almost max money player, (who will never play again) for a pair of junk picks? Those pics can be bought for 3 million each. Huge NO.

First rounder in '14 wouldn't necessarily be junk.... next year's talent is both HUGE and DEEP.

Granger has every reason in the world to come back at his best this season, and if he does... we sell high at the trade deadline and pick up another pick or asset to our liking.

Not a terrible idea. It's kind of what I'd like the Jazz to do with their cap space-pick up assets for expirings.

First rounder in '14 wouldn't necessarily be junk.... next year's talent is both HUGE and DEEP.
It would be in the late 20's. So essentially we're trading for another player like Gobert. Also added a couple of veterans to take mins away from our young guys. It's a reach and I think the Jazz can do better. Those picks need to come from teams NOT among the NBA elite. Preferably in the late lottery, but better than #20 at worst.

Good original idea.

If the Jazz want to be Cleveland of the West they will do this. Forever collecting 1st round picks.

I don't see the Pacers doing it. They got to where they are by adding building around picks and adding moderately priced fa's. I guess if they are committed to trying to win it all in the next two seasons, but that 2016 pick is going to hit at the same time West knees are gone. I

Indian only does this if they have prearranged this trade with the Jazz & They have prearranged the signing of

OJ Mayo 4/$32
&
Carl Landry 4/$25

Neither of those contracts are allowed under the CBA, let alone both.

35wpcc.jpg