What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I would love to contribute to the discussion, but it's really hard when you and Elizah Huge keep twisting people's words and making it hostile. So many people have voiced the same frustrations with you. For once, actually do what you claim to do all the time, what you accuse other people of never doing, and show some damn humility.

There's a reason why fishonjazz took one look at this thread and noped out of it.
Hostile because we simply refuse to agree with you.

Have a backbone and make an actual valid point instead of attacking motives or intent or underlying whatevers

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz should look to pry away one or a combination of the following from Orlando:

Isaac
Bamba
Fultz

I think a change of scenery is all they need, and some injury luck. Not sure how the Jazz get it done, but might be a buy low/lower scenario. If healthy, Isaac is a serious talent.

I don’t waste my time talking about trading both because it is not going to happen. I don’t know why so many people do it because it literally will not happen this off-season. Gobert is going to get moved and that is what I discuss everyday because it is the inevitable. I believe it’s the right move and so does the FO. I don’t know what else to tell you.
Dunning-Kruger Effect…

It's because they know it hasn't and won't work built around Rudy. Rudy is definitely getting traded. The last thing they want to see is success built around Don. They say "trade both" because of their love for Rudy and hatred of Don.

If they deny that, they are lying.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Are you handicapped? If you are, I will totally stop going after you. My sincere apologies.

They should definitely trade both of them this offseason. This iteration of the team isn't nearly talented enough to win, Rudy is a depreciating asset.
There are a few big reasons they SHOULD trade Mitchell as well, although I doubt they will.
- He has more value now than he will in the future mostly just due to years left on his deal. He'll have more ability to steer himself where he wants to go after this season.
- Keeping Mitchell encourages the Jazz to take some return in other deals in the form of assets that are focused on winning games this year. In general, you're going to be able to get a lot more for players if you're willing to accept value primarily in the future as opposed to the present - it's very hard for both teams to get better right now in most trades.
- They're much less likely to be able to extract value out of Royce/Bogey the longer they wait to trade them.
- Our pick this year could be valuable if we were willing to tank, but will likely be in the 10-16 range if we try to field our most competitive team.
Very intelligent post. I really appreciate it!

I don't think a deal between the Jazz and Hawks will get done. I don't think the Jazz will pull the trigger unless Hunter is included, and I doubt Atlanta will part with him.

That would definitely be tempting. I still think the jazz would turn it down. I think Hunter is the piece Ainge really wants and I don't think he will budge unless he gets him.
#16 keeps being thrown in there… I wonder if they aren’t planning to combine it with an existing player to make a change somewhere else.

Otherwise wouldn’t they be working out at least a couple of players likely to be drafted in that range?

The Jazz should look to pry away one or a combination of the following from Orlando:

Isaac
Bamba
Fultz

I think a change of scenery is all they need, and some injury luck. Not sure how the Jazz get it done, but might be a buy low/lower scenario. If healthy, Isaac is a serious talent.
Adding Isaac is something we honestly probably could pull off if we expressed interest in him. When they take Jabari #1 he'll kind of be the odd man out and I know he had some issues with the organization off the court. IIRC Bamba is a restricted free agent.