What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Basically every superstar in the league has switched teams at this point and Don is too scared of what Jazz fans will think of him so he's working behind the scenes with random forum posters to get out of Utah, lmfao.
He wants his brand to be out positivity and loyalty. IT's not about what Utah fans think of him, but what NBA fans think. General NBA fans still have a negative outlook on players who force their way out.

Locke says if we don’t do anything within the first hour or so it’s cuz the trade market dried up on us. Mentioned the Zach Lowe Brooklyn Royce deal as a possibility… really kinda threw cold water on anything significant happening and did the old “we changed our coach which is basically like changing your whole team… so this isn’t running it back at all”.

Mentioned they could look to get off of Gays money as it didn’t work out and Rudy’s wasn’t really happy about it. If we have to attach assets I wouldn’t do it. I’d see if he will take a buyout and give back like the minimum amount for both years and then he can sign a min in LA I’m sure. You can waive and stretch the remaining amount and it isn’t that bad and helps with the tax or we get out of the tax.

Locke says if we don’t do anything within the first hour or so it’s cuz the trade market dried up on us. Mentioned the Zach Lowe Brooklyn Royce deal as a possibility… really kinda threw cold water on anything significant happening and did the old “we changed our coach which is basically like changing your whole team… so this isn’t running it back at all”.

Mentioned they could look to get off of Gays money as it didn’t work out and Rudy’s wasn’t really happy about it. If we have to attach assets I wouldn’t do it. I’d see if he will take a buyout and give back like the minimum amount for both years and then he can sign a min in LA I’m sure. You can waive and stretch the remaining amount and it isn’t that bad and helps with the tax or we get out of the tax.
The Jazz going to trade Royce for some 2nd round picks and then use those picks to get off Gay.

Absolutely, we can't use up more picks to get off bad contracts. You have too either hope for the best that he comes back in better shape or look at a buy out.

I think we should consider:

Conley, Bojan and Rudy Gay
for
Tobias Harris, Thybulle, and two 2023 2nd rounders Philly has

if it's basically the same roster, with basically the same 8 guys in rotation, im going to just skip the season.

for
I don’t completely hate this.

I think it was Eliza that mentioned Clarkson for Thybulle, Korkmaz and some draft stuff which would get the Jazz out of the tax. I think I prefer that.

I don’t completely hate this.

I think it was Eliza that mentioned Clarkson for Thybulle, Korkmaz and some draft stuff which would get the Jazz out of the tax. I think I prefer that.
I could get on board with that too. I know he's limited, but Thybulle is a legit defender. We need guys like that.

If we did this trade and used the "draft stuff" with Bojan to get John Collins, we immediately look at changing the trajectory of the team.

for
I don’t like making the Sixers better and I think that deal would. Also, we’re doing them a favour taking Tobias’ contract so I think there should be a little more draft compensation.

Would be extremely nice and considerate by Danny and Ryan to only negotiate with the two teams of Don’s choice.

for
That is a bad trade talent wise. Harris is way overrated by some people here. I would rather move Bogie in a separate deal. He is expiring and can shoot the ball.

Its not all going to be fixed this off-season. Don’t reach on a guy/contract just to “do something” - that’s how we ended up using the full 3 year MLE on Favors/Gay in consecutive off seasons. The team needs to use leverage to get favorable deals wherever they can.

IMO, Jazz should keep Mitchell and Gobert for now and look to try to extract value from the guys who don’t fit between them in the current timeline - Conley, Bogdanovic, and Gay (maybe Clarkson depending on what you can get for him) to try to get younger, cheaper and more athletic.

Get some young, hungry guys on the roster and let them compete. Open up rotation spots for guys who get after it, and then see what sort of top 8 rotation you can build with that.

You would think that after news about Paschall and Forrest we’d have heard something about Juancho by now.
May go to the wire because his salary could be needed in a trade. They could amend the guarantee amount and date as well... I think we see news though by day's end there.

May go to the wire because his salary could be needed in a trade. They could amend the guarantee amount and date as well... I think we see news though by day's end there.

There is no reason for Juancho to not push back his guarantee date. More time to work out a trade, more time for Juancho to get lucky and get paid 3x.