What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Looking back at it, the Jazz really had a weak, weak bench. Forrest was Quin's pacifier and he's out the door. I suspect we will not see JC having the green light every time he touches the ball.
I’m not sure that Clarkson will still be here this year. I think he’s a guy that has value. Look to Ainge to start accumulating assets and restocking the cupboard. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Royce, JC and Bogey all elsewhere next season. I’d love to see them move off Conley, but I’m not sure his contract is conducive to that until it’s an expiring.

Yeah, Don’s gotta be a lot of adjectives right now.

1. His guy not hired as coach.
2. Childhood best friend kicked to the curb.
3. Long time Jazz best friend traded.

It honestly feels like the FO wants to: (1) send a message to Don that this isn’t his team; (2) frustrate Don into asking for a trade.
Or - maybe it’s just business and they’re trying to build the best team possible with limited resources. You can easily make the argument that Hardy was a better option as HC to Bryant (although I’m a big fan of JB), that getting value for Royce to restock the cupboard was a good decision and that letting Paschall hit the open market to judge his value ended up being a favor to him instead of leaving him restricted on a limited market.

Jazz just dealt their best perimter defender for no immediate help so they are either getting ready to tank, or getting ready to deal Gobert for a lot of wings.
They could also use taxpayer MLE on a cheaper replacement option... and duck the tax. Basically right now its all out on the table.

Jazz just dealt their best perimter defender for no immediate help so they are either getting ready to tank, or getting ready to deal Gobert for a lot of wings.
It now sets them up to use the full MLE. Royce was easily replaceable. Hell give me House over Royce.

Yeah, but if they deal his worst enemy and get some of his non-Jazz friends back in return it might make up for it.
True... it was just good value for Royce either way... you take that trade all day. Use a TPE later if you want to add someone. I don't think the Royce deal is an absolute indicator about what they do with Don or Rudy but it is real interesting.