What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Yall need to take a deep breath. Mitchell to Brooklyn ain't happening in a 3 team trade with Phoenix. Reasons why:

- Suns not moving Bridges, Booker, CP
- Brooklyn would have to move BS & KD
- Ayton ain't worth Don. Not close.
- Don ain't worth BS & KD for Brooklyn
- Suns don't have the assets for Simmons AND KD much less Don too

If Simmons (BS) gets dealt in a separate deal before this trade could happen which gets the assets to send to us, then this massive deal is possible. But BS doesn't have that kind of pull in a trade right now.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah, I think there are better trades for him. I think it's time to trade him though. I think his value will be lower if we hold on to him longer.

The only team that I think has enough assets is the Knicks.
If the Knicks wanted and we were willing to trade Donovan Mitchell, we could have done it when NY had 4 2023 1st rounders, all their future picks, and $30 million in expirings (Kemba, Burks, Noel) to go with any young player we wanted.

Since that time, they have sacrificed 1st rounders and 4 or 5 2nd rounders just to dump those expirings.

Maybe timing has changed things, but adding Don to Brunson at this point of asset management for them and us would be such a head scratcher on so many levels.

If the Knicks wanted and we were willing to trade Donovan Mitchell, they could have done it when they had 4 2023 1st rounders, all their future picks, and $30 million in expirings (Kemba, Burks, Noel) to go with any young player we wanted.

Since that time, they have sacrificed 1st rounders and 4 or 5 2nd rounders just to dump those expirings.

Maybe timing has changed things, but adding Don to Brunson at this point of asset management for them and us would be such a head scratcher on so many levels.

Meh, Don wasn't available then. A package built around RJ Barrett, filler, and picks would be nice.

Meh, Don wasn't available then. A package built around RJ Barrett, filler, and picks would be nice.
If NY asked with the right deal, Ainge would have said yes if Don was actually available.

I think Ryan told Ainge from the beginning - "go do what you do Danny, but keep Don for now."

Heat fans are convinced we’re just going to give Don away
Because that's what Ainge usually do :D Show them Gobert's deal and tell them to keep adding 1sts...

IMO Miami will have really hard time getting Mitchell unless they include some of the players they don't really want to include. Just... their picks are not all that valuable. There are about 25 teams whose picks I would take before I take Miami's.

It would be the weirdest turn of events if the majority of Jazz fans beg for us to tank, then Ainge turns around and acquires a superstar and star to pair with Donny that wins a series of rings.

Ainge has done numerous scenarios in the offseason that has granted success either instantly, or 2-3 years later. Who knows what he's planning to do. The NBA these days is ran like 2k.

It would be the weirdest turn of events if the majority of Jazz fans beg for us to tank, then Ainge turns around and acquires a superstar and star to pair with Donny that wins a series of rings.

Ainge has done numerous scenarios in the offseason that has granted success either instantly, or 2-3 years later. Who knows what he's planning to do. The NBA these days is ran like 2k.
True. Anything is possible.

Player A: 25.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 6.3 apg on 43/38/92 splits
Player B: 26.0 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 5.3 apg on 45/36/85 splits

Player A is Steph Curry and player B is Donovan. Remember that Steph couldn't even get the Warriors into the postseason without Klay Thompson last year. There are also more factors that come into play when evaluating a players value including age, contract length, salary, fit with our players, etc. As we've seen with Rudy you have to have a very specific system of players around him and even then he gets exposed defensively in the playoffs. Don is 5 years younger, significantly cheaper, and is well liked around the league so if you're in a big market you can sell other guys on coming to play with him.

Rudy's contract could easily be the worst in the NBA in 2/3 seasons if he has even a slight decline because he's so limited offensively.

HoopsHype has done as the 11th most valuable trade asset in the league, Rudy was 28th.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-value-rankings-top-100/
Great post. I don't understand how some people have soured on DM. He was the toast of the town when he exploded on the scene his rookie year. MJ, Curry won squat before they built a championship team around them. Basketball is team sport. The problem wasn't Rudy or DM, it was the flawed supporting cast that was the problem. It was time to trade Rudy simply because of his contract and his age. I am sorry to see him go. He always played hard and seem to like Utah. I will miss DM too. He was one of the greatest draft picks in Jazz history. He is a great offensive player but the criticism of his defense is warranted just like Rudy's offense. In the end I think clearinghouse is the best path forward even if it means saying goodbye to popular players. I planned on wishing them well and success except against us.

Great post. I don't understand how some people have soured on DM. He was the toast of the town when he exploded on the scene his rookie year. MJ, Curry won squat before they built a championship team around them. Basketball is team sport. The problem wasn't Rudy or DM, it was the flawed supporting cast that was the problem. It was time to trade Rudy simply because of his contract and his age. I am sorry to see him go. He always played hard and seem to like Utah. I will miss DM too. He was one of the greatest draft picks in Jazz history. He is a great offensive player but the criticism of his defense is warranted just like Rudy's offense. In the end I think clearinghouse is the best path forward even if it means saying goodbye to popular players. I planned on wishing them well and success except against us.
Chicago had less around MJ when they then added Phil Jackson and Pippen (both added in 1987) than Donovan has around him now.

Coaching is the most important thing followed by a roster that makes sense.

We have players who could fetch us assets. We have solid role players now. And we have assets to make picks or deals.

There is no reason to trade Donovan Mitchell if he wants to stay.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

There's been some comments about Jazz getting both Ayton and Simmons
Is that possible moneywise and would that work roster wise
Jazz would have to move more people to bring in Simmons
Not sure on Simmons but his potential is very high

Lol comparing Steph to Don... That's like comparing Rudy the Shaq. Neither are even close right now and I respect them both...but cmon. That's just dumb...I could make the same stats argument for CJ McCollum as he's a little more than 2 points less per game depending on the season and team with slightly better rpg and apg.

Lol comparing Steph to Don... That's like comparing Rudy the Shaq. Neither are even close right now and I respect them both...but cmon. That's just dumb...I could make the same stats argument for CJ McCollum as he's a little more than 2 points less per game depending on the season and team with slightly better rpg and apg.
Don has been a better professional basketball player through the first 5 years of his career than Steph was. On both ends of the floor.

Don has a long way to go to even sniff Steph's career accomplishments. Let's just hope this is actually a comparison when it's all said and done. Hopefully our GM can surround Don with guys like Klay, Barnes, Draymond, Iggy, Wiggins, Bogut, KD, etc.

I just have one concern from what I’m seeing reported:

If the Jazz really believe DM is the franchise player we can build around, we’re in big trouble.

Cuz he isn’t.

That’s my concern. We’re going to have to build up a much better supporting cast than Tatum has bc Mitchell isn’t Tatum. I think we might be better off trading Mitchell and kickstarting the tank rather than trying to build around short James Harden.