What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

You think that's all we'd get back? If we get less back for Don then Rudy, I'll admit it. But I'd imagine we'll get back a good young player for Donovan, we didn't for Rudy.
I'm making a point as to how silly the logic is of ranking trade returns solely by which one gets the best player back.

I'm making a point as to how silly the logic is of ranking trade returns solely by which one gets the best player back.
We won't be able to truly evaluate the return of the Rudy trade for a decade when we see what the picks become. Regardless though I think Don gets us tremendous value back in a trade, you don't have to crap on Don because you loved Rudy, you can always become a Wolves fan. Like it or not the team chose to build around Don and realized we weren't winning with both of them. So I'd suggest you start to warm up to him.

This is very interesting and would fit the type of monster move Ryan Smith wants to pull off.

Does a big 3 of Mitchell, Dame, and Ayton put us near the top in the west? I worry that’s still too small of a backcourt.
Or it could be a recruiting message for KD to Portland.

lol

All the national media outlets and all the fans of other teams calling the Minnesota package a godfather haul must just hate Don, huh.
Don is going to receive back a monster haul as well, I'd imagine with at least one good young player like we saw with SGA/Ingram, we can agree to disagree. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, only what we get if/when we trade him.

Do you think the player(s) we get back for Donovan will be better than Vanderbilt? I'd imagine so unless you value him more then someone like RJ Barrett or Tyler Herro.
Fair question, and I do think we will get back a better young piece for Don, yes.

But I also think we get less picks with more protections as a result.

Thanks for answering my questions and happy to answer yours.

With that said, if anyone told you Minny would give 3 unprotected first, a top 5 protected 1st, a pick swap and a recently selected first round pick, 2 months ago what would you have replied to them?

We won't be able to truly evaluate the return of the Rudy trade for a decade when we see what the picks become. Regardless though I think Don gets us tremendous value back in a trade, you don't have to crap on Don because you loved Rudy, you can always become a Wolves fan. Like it or not the team chose to build around Don and realized we weren't winning with both of them. So I'd suggest you start to warm up to him.
You're being childish.

I'm not "crapping on Don", I'm saying you're being absurd for dramatically downplaying the haul we got for Gobert. From what I've seen here, most of the "Gobert lovers", myself included, are sad to see him go but are also very excited about this trade. Because it was an incredible return.

Fair question, and I do think we will get back a better young piece for Don, yes.

But I also think we get less picks with more protections as a result.

Thanks for answering my questions and happy to answer yours.

With that said, if anyone told you Minny would give 3 unprotected first, a top 5 protected 1st, a pick swap and a recently selected first round pick, 2 months ago what would you have replied to them?
The return in terms of draft capital was nice for sure but also very risky to move off of a top 15 player without receiving any young players that look like potential building blocks in return for him.

And no I wouldn't have believed that any team would give us so much draft capital for Rudy but it also makes sense since they didn't have to give up any of the young pieces they value like Edwards, KAT, or McDaniels.

The return in terms of draft capital was nice for sure but also very risky to move off of a top 15 player without receiving any young players that look like potential building blocks in return for him.

And no I wouldn't have believed that any team would give us so much draft capital for Rudy but it also makes sense since they didn't have to give up any of the young pieces they value like Edwards, KAT, or McDaniels.
Thanks.

I saw Jovic signed his deal today and that means he can't be traded for 30 days, so that might signal nothing imminent is going to happen with them.

You're being childish.

I'm not "crapping on Don", I'm saying you're being absurd for dramatically downplaying the haul we got for Gobert. From what I've seen here, most of the "Gobert lovers", myself included, are sad to see him go but are also very excited about this trade. Because it was an incredible return.
I like the draft capital we got back for sure, I do think it was risky to move him for no real top tier pieces back that help us now or project to be long term pieces here. But I also think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Ainge recognized that Rudy's deal will likely be a negative asset sooner rather than later. And for most players it's difficult to say no to that haul of picks.

This is very interesting and would fit the type of monster move Ryan Smith wants to pull off.

Does a big 3 of Mitchell, Dame, and Ayton put us near the top in the west? I worry that’s still too small of a backcourt.

I don't see how the Jazz would acquire Dame without giving up Mitchell, unless you think they'd take the filler and picks from Minnesota.

Moving off of Rudy's 4 yr/$170M for the picks that we received made it a haul, I also think that we'll get a haul for Donovan. I personally would prefer a haul of a good promising young player and less picks for a star player.

I like the draft capital we got back for sure, I do think it was risky to move him for no real top tier pieces back that help us now or project to be long term pieces here. But I also think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Ainge recognized that Rudy's deal will likely be a negative asset sooner rather than later. And for most players it's difficult to say no to that haul of picks.
This package is so good it forced the price on Kevin Durant to go up. Drop the devil's advocate nonsense.

I don't see how the Jazz would acquire Dame without giving up Mitchell, unless you think they'd take the filler and picks from Minnesota.
Dame is going to sign another deal with the Blazers. He's recruiting KD.

This is from the Heat dude:
No words of encouragement from my boy right now. Gonna wait until he gets back in the trenches and see if he gets more positive news Tyesday. He said we have a better chance at Spida but Utah will wait until Brooklyn makes their move and gage asking price from there. Were literally 4th on the Durant lead based on package. Durant screwed all the plans Miami had already planned, they pivoted from the bird in hand.

Utah has the ammo for that type of deal and Dame said previously that he'd play in a Jazz uniform if things in Portland went pear shaped.

This package is so good it forced the price on Kevin Durant to go up. Drop the devil's advocate nonsense.
The Nets were always going to want a haul for Durant, this just solidified it but they're also asking for 2 All-Star level players and signifiant draft capital.