What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think the trade is going to end up being something around...

Suns get KD
Jazz get Ayton
Brooklyn gets Cam Johnson, Conley, 2 1sts from Utah, 4 1sts from Phoenix and more players (see below).

KD makes $44 million and Conley and Johnson only combine to make $28. So the Nets could have their pick from Phoenix and Utah to add whatever player(s) they want from Shamet, Payne, Crowder, Bojan, Clarkson, NAW and maybe even find a way to include Beasley. If the Nets want multiple big contract players from Utah like Conley and Bojan, we might absorb a Crowder and/or Saric from Phoenix.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Regardless, we gotta trade Conley. Teams I see as possible:

Dallas - they could use him with Brunson's departure. Since they added Wood, could Dallas trade us two of Powell, Kleber and Bullock?

NOLA - Conley would improve that team. They could trade us expirings Nance and Temple plus a young player like Lewis or Hayes and add a 1st.

Cleveland - something for Love or LeVert

Regardless, we gotta trade Conley. Teams I see as possible:

Dallas - they could use him with Brunson's departure. Since they added Wood, could Dallas trade us two of Powell, Kleber and Bullock?

NOLA - Conley would improve that team. They could trade us expirings Nance and Temple plus a young player like Lewis or Hayes and add a 1st.

Cleveland - something for Love or LeVert

I think Utah is stuck with Conley. I don’t think anyone wants a guy getting older with diminishing skills making that much money. The only chance I see is if Phoenix is forced to take him in order to get Durant.

Well, lol if you were some gm for another team, would you want to give up assets to take on a player that’s older and clearly a shell of what he once was making allstar money?
I think Conley helps a bunch of teams, but yes he's overpaid. But like the trades I mentioned, Conley helps Dallas. He helps NOLA. Cleveland.

He doesn't fit everywhere, but many teams would love to have him I think.

This makes no sense to me considering you think trading for him ruined the jazz chances which I agree with.
Completely different argument though.

What we paid for Conley was the problem. Conley is a good dude and good player. We emptied the asset cupboard for him when we should have paid less.

If we would have sent Favors instead of Crowder and Korver, and kept that 2023 1st, it would have been a good deal. Instead, we sent the picks AND Crowder AND Allen AND took on his massive deal.

As for now, Conley helps teams. We just gotta find out who needs him and can send us back expirings.

Why aren't there any rumors about Clarkson? With Gobert gone, Jazz need huge swings from negative to positive on the defensive end and Clarkson is one of the worst 2 defenders on the team.

If we are tanking, he could make a good commander, though and could have a slightly higher trade value at the trade deadline.

We emptied the asset cupboard for him when we should have paid less.
He was worth it at the time of the transaction, but his skills have now deminished to the point he’s not worth what he’s being paid. Teams are not going to want him, also how much more cooked will he be when the year starts. It’s not worth the gamble in my opinion if I’m looking at it in the eyes of a gm.

He was worth it at the time of the transaction, but his skills have now deminished to the point he’s not worth what he’s being paid. Teams are not going to want him, also how much more cooked will he be when the year starts. It’s not worth the gamble in my opinion if I’m looking at it in the eyes of a gm.
I just don't agree on either point.

It's questionable if Conley was worth $35 million a year much less a proven starter, two 1st round draft picks and a player with potential. We paid too much and eventually cost us Rudy.

Some GMs likes Conley, but they don't have the assets we want.

He was pretty good during the season. He used to get killed around here and have threads dedicated to hating on him but not a lot last season. Unfortunately he was absolutely worthless when we needed him the most but so was Don, Bogey and Rudy for the most part. The team as a whole was disinterested and terrible.

I think he still has some left in the tank but I also agree that his salary is a lot to take on for "I think".

I just don't agree on either point.

It's questionable if Conley was worth $35 million a year much less a proven starter, two 1st round draft picks and a player with potential. We paid too much and eventually cost us Rudy.

Some GMs likes Conley, but they don't have the assets we want.

Obviously he was overpaid, but in the eyes of the jazz they saw him as a he’s to the puzzle that could help them contend, so it was worth it to them in that regard he had just come off the best season of his career.

For the record I was against trading for him.

I will say I was happy to have him two seasons ago when he was a +/- god. And contributing to having the best record. Too bad he was injured and not right during the playoffs that year.

If we’re rebuilding then I think Conley is actually a great piece to keep around. Gotta build good culture or at least keep the pilot light on.

I also think he could significantly rehab his value for an in-season trade.
Don’t force anything if there isn’t something good there. Worst case his contract is partially guaranteed. If we trade Don… we have oodles of cap space already to add bad contracts and get picks.

If we are retooling I think he can be a backup if the plan is Donovan at pg. I think he has a market… he had a rough playoff… not like he sucked last year. It happens and our general stink might explain part of his issue in the playoffs. He comes in and starts the season and looks good you can move him when a team has an injury or sees he isn’t washed.

He was never worth it. He was a terrible fit with Mitchell from a size standpoint and age didn't fit with the timeliness to compete. It turned a 7yr window into a 2 yr window while making us asset poor and tiny in the backcourt.

Also, don’t be surprised if things take time with Clarkson or any of the other players since it kinda feels like Ainge broke the market. I’m still in awe. That was a Celtics/Nets haul for one guy everyone ***** on.
Will be tough for him to get more for the more valuable player.

I’m honestly not sure if the Knicks package is really there. Not sure Brunson and Don is what they are after. I kinda wonder if we do the Fon to Brooklyn thing if Simmons heads to NY… they give up 2 or 3 of their own picks and maybe one of their less valuable ones… we take Randle instead of Simmons (not ideal but at least he plays basketball and can be a tank master). So we end up with the Phoenix picks and a couple NY picks.