What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

He sounded just legit pissed off and annoyed. It was very satisfying. He will bring it up 100 plus times this year. He was also pissed when that we got Danny for nothing when he has literally never brought it up until we hired Hardy and Danny made a good trade. Sorry if the snake bit ya homey... he's been out here doing this **** for you since like 2000 and now you got the wrong end of the smallest transaction and are just up in arms... Will Hardy got him triggered.

When he said Boston should have asked for compensation for him especially after this deal too lmao.

6’1” front court…..
Beverley would be out there totally dedicated for defense. Conley is a good player, but he's one of those pretty good at everything type guys. Beverley is a fantastic defender who can defend well outside of what is perceived to be his size limitations.

Vanderbilt was a good addition and is a sneaky asset we can use in a deal... functional rotation player on a small deal. If we did want Collins for example I could see Bogey and Vanderbilt being enough to entice them. I'm not sure Vandy will be awesome as a center unless we add some bigger wings.

Danny has just done and awesome job so far. We now have so many contracts and players we can use to sell off, reconfigure, make trades work.
imo, vanderbilt is one of those guys who is more valuable to the team than he is in terms of what he would bring in a trade. iow, i'd hang on to vanderbilt for now if i can.
6’1” front court…..
that's called a back court, but still - i thought we were wanting to get bigger/longer in the back court.

He sounded just legit pissed off and annoyed. It was very satisfying. He will bring it up 100 plus times this year. He was also pissed when that we got Danny for nothing when he has literally never brought it up until we hired Hardy and Danny made a good trade. Sorry if the snake bit ya homey... he's been out here doing this **** for you since like 2000 and now you got the wrong end of the smallest transaction and are just up in arms... Will Hardy got him triggered.
I'd trade Beverly and Beasley before Vanderbilt. These two are the absolute short term assets that we have to trade. Neither is gonna be here long term

Vanderbilt was a good addition and is a sneaky asset we can use in a deal... functional rotation player on a small deal. If we did want Collins for example I could see Bogey and Vanderbilt being enough to entice them. I'm not sure Vandy will be awesome as a center unless we add some bigger wings.

Danny has just done and awesome job so far. We now have so many contracts and players we can use to sell off, reconfigure, make trades work.

I just started being active in the jazz forum once the gobert trade happened. What did you think of the coaching hire? What was the consensus on jazzfanz? What was the consensus outside the utah area?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I just started being active in the jazz forum once the gobert trade happened. What did you think of the coaching hire? What was the consensus on jazzfanz? What was the consensus outside the utah area?

I liked it but am not super opinionated... tough to know how good an assistant coach is. I like the thought process and logic behind the hire.

Bill Simmons (noted Celtics fan) was pissed that we took Udoka’s top assistant. Said anytime he went to games one of his biggest takeaways was Hardy’s command and control of the players. He always sits close to Boston’s bench so he’s right there. He was super pissed.

Last edited:
imo, vanderbilt is one of those guys who is more valuable to the team than he is in terms of what he would bring in a trade. iow, i'd hang on to vanderbilt for now if i can.

that's called a back court, but still - i thought we were wanting to get bigger/longer in the back court.

I'd trade Beverly and Beasley before Vanderbilt. These two are the absolute short term assets that we have to trade. Neither is gonna be here long term
I agree.. but the reasons we want to hang on to him are the reasons another team might want him. Just saying he is an under-rated add in and makes trades easier to do because of his low salary. Not saying we shouldn't see what we have first... just praising the addition. I can see a team giving up a first for him. Bev is more of a guy that gets you a second unless you take back some bad salary.

Can somebody tell me the amount of money we would send to Phoenix if they were to sign-and-trade Ayton to us at $25 million per year?

Could we only send something based off of $12.5 million?

I’m cool with hanging onto Beverley for awhile though. He’s a guy that can help - If Hardy wants to instill defensive intesity. . . Pat is a guy that can help set the tone. Jazz need a little more crazy out on the court. Haven’t had nearly enough fire since Crowder was traded and we don’t have Ingles to talk trash anymore.

That would make sense. We have too many solid players to tank right now:

Bojan
Conley
Beasley
Beverley
Vanderbilt
Clarkson
NAW
Butler

And if we trade Don, we'll likely add even more solid players or at least young guys who should want to try to

Donovan
Beverley
Collins
Ayton

What seed is this core in the playoffs?
With a new Coach? Play in. That team is worse than last years Wolves.

With a new Coach? Play in. That team is worse than last years Wolves.
And to achieve it we’d have to use all of those pretty draft picks we just picked up in the Rudy trade.

We’d also have to offer Ayton a max contract ($30m) for another center that some here swear is a proven death sentence in the nba.