What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Bledsoe is only guaranteed $3.9 million, and I would take Conley over him all day. Bojan is a great floor spacer for Lillard.

Conley and Bojan for Bledsoe and #7 isn't ideal, but depends on how desperate Portland is for quality vets.

I know I'm grasping at straws....

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
To make that trade you have to guarantee the rest of bledsoes salary… just an FYI.

If the Jazz trade Gobert to CHA, they could offer Bogdanovic and CHA's #15 pick for #7. That might be close enough that a tweak here and there would make the deal work.

Utah trades: Gobert, Bogdanovic
Utah receives: Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, Bledsoe, #7, #13

Charlotte trades: Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, #13, #15
Charlotte receives: Gobert

Portland trades: #7, Bledose
Portland receives: Bogdanovic, #15

Why does Portland do that deal?

To make that trade you have to guarantee the rest of bledsoes salary… just an FYI.
Due to their cap space, the Blazers could easily trade us Winston and #7 for Conley and Bojan.

Then waive the cap hold for Ingles and waive Bledsoe.

Then they could extend Simons and Nurkic.

And they would still have money to do some business adding more players.

Due to their cap space, the Blazers could easily trade us Winston and #7 for Conley and Bojan.

I dont think you know how the cap, cap holds, or trades work, unless you think Simons and Nurkic are extending at the vet minimum.

You aren’t correct… Simons and Nurkic have big cap holds… waive those guys and they walk or you use the “space” you cleared. They will operate over the cap.

. This could be wrong.

View attachment 12131

It is. We had a couple of pages worth of discussion regarding the Trail Blazers as trade partners already.

To do this deal they would have to:

- Waive Ingles cap hold
- Waive Nurkic cap hold
- Waive Swanigan cap hold
- Waive Bledsoe
- Trade us the #7 pick

That puts them at 101M with 14 players including their cap holds. If they waive any of the cap holds of the other 6 scrubs they have and replace them with minimum salary they can gain more space. The salary cap is 122M.

We’d have to take Hart and Winslow back in the deal to make it work.

I 100% guarantee you they’d rather have Hart, Winslow, #7, their huge trade exception, their BAE, their MLE and Nurkic’s bird rights over Conley and Bogdanovic.

This discussion is pointless and it should not go on any longer it’s a non-starter.

It is. We had a couple of pages worth of discussion regarding the Trail Blazers as trade partners already.

To do this deal they would have to:

- Waive Ingles cap hold
- Waive Nurkic cap hold
- Waive Swanigan cap hold
- Waive Bledsoe
- Trade us the #7 pick

That puts them at 101M with 14 players including their cap holds. If they waive any of the cap holds of the other 6 scrubs they have and replace them with minimum salary they can gain more space. The salary cap is 122M.

We’d have to take Hart and Winslow back in the deal to make it work.

I 100% guarantee you they’d rather have Hart, Winslow, #7, their huge trade exception, their BAE, their MLE and Nurkic’s bird rights over Conley and Bogdanovic.

This discussion is pointless and it should not go on any longer it’s a non-starter.
So this website is complete garbage?

So this website is complete garbage?

Image1653360534.830451.jpg

This explains everything you need to know. That knock-off trade machine doesn’t calculate all of this stuff. Trades in the off-season with pending free agents are a lot more tricky than regular in season trades.

View attachment 12132

This explains everything you need to know. That knock-off trade machine doesn’t calculate all of this stuff. Trades in the off-season with pending free agents are a lot more tricky than regular in season trades.
I understand. That's why so many draft deals don't get finalized until the new league year.

Seems that site does take cap holds into account, but it just makes the assumption that enough are let go by the team for "success" .

Nurkic and Simons have pretty small cap holds really. Only $30 million between the 2. Portland is in an interesting place.

I understand. That's why so many draft deals don't get finalized until the new league year.

Seems that site does take cap holds into account, but it just makes the assumption that enough are let go by the team for "success" .

Nurkic and Simons have pretty small cap holds really. Only $30 million between the 2. Portland is in an interesting place.

You waive Nurkic cap hold and you lose his bird rights same with Simons and he becomes unrestricted vs restricted.

Portland won't let those two go. They could re-sign them first, but I doubt combined they sign less than $30.

For sure, I would imagine Joe is gone.

They won’t have space… they’d also have to waive a 20M salary cap exception. There is no salary cap room play here at all unless they have the worst most horrible catastrophic summer where they:

Waive simons and Nurkic… waive Harts deal… they can’t find anything good to do with their trade exception. They also end up losing the MLE.

They will do much better by finding a trade with Bledsoes salary… keeping Hart Nurkic and Simons… then they would still have the full MLE. Their “capspace” is a mirage.