What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

IDK why the Kings would do that though, as I do like the team they have built. Dont think Donovan does a lot for them.

From Shams at the Athletic:

The Celtics offered Brown, guard Derrick White and a draft pick to the Nets for Durant, sources said. The proposal was rejected, and Brooklyn has asked Boston — in any proposal — to include Brown, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart, draft picks and potentially one more rotation player, those sources added. Currently, the Celtics are less inclined to include Smart along with multiple other player assets or pick assets, but the franchise is mulling over next steps on how to approach discussions.

I think Miami would love to get him. Unless we like Herro or find someone to give us good draft capital for him they don’t have the goods. There are a few of us that think the Miami trade package is solid and like Herro… myself @Elizah Huge … but I think it’s the plan B if NY really won’t give up the goods.

Yes, it is better than New York’s B offer. I think everyone would prefer New York’s A offer but sounds like that isn’t on the table currently.

The framework for a Scottie Barnes trade would be:

Barnes/Trent Jr/Khem Birch for Donovan Mitchell.

How many 1st would they have to add for your to be happy with that?

Raptors just dont make much sense to me.

They have no good rookie contract talent other than Barnes, and I doubt they would give Barnes up.

If they give Barnes up, I would take Barnes, a 1st, and salary filler. Just need a single 1st . Barnes is Him.

What about Precious Achiuwa? They also have all of their picks and some non-negative contracts as filler.

Just letting you know that there’s a 0% chance that we’d get Barnes without throwing in picks of our own. Barnes’ value >>>> Mitchell’s value
I think their value is completely dependent on your timeline and goals.

If you want to win now Mitchell is the more valuable piece, especially if you're a team with no true #1 option and a big enough market to believe they could keep him long-term.

The Raptors are kind of stuck in the middle of competing and just being a middle of the East team.

They could just wait it out and hope Barnes becomes a star while the rest of their core is in their primes and can be kept together, or they could push in Barnes to get a top 10 scorer who is on a long-term deal without having to up many additional assets (I think it would take 1 first). I think Barnes is likely going to be very good, but is he ever going to be good enough while this Raptors core is still intact? I think it could take him a bit before he is there and their team needs a better main scorer.

I know teams are included in these rumors most likely by Utah just to make it seem like there are more talks going on than there really are, but if the Raptors have actually had any ongoing discussions with Utah, I would imagine Scottie Barnes is the only way they get any back and forth with Utah.

Also, I really think Russ will end up being cut by Utah.

I think Utah has the right mix to get Russ and the 2027 Lakers pick.

Teams have better players to give LAL if they are willing to give up both picks, but I dont think the Lakers get there.

Utah can give Conley/Clarkson and get the 2027 1st back.

With Keegan Murrays SL performance, you have to rank him as a much better prospect than Toppin/Grimes/Quickley.

If the Kings give up Barnes/Murray/Mitchell/2026/2028 unprotected 1st that might be better than a Knicks package if it's a lot of protected 1st.

You could also flip Barnes for a 1st from a playoff team I would assume.
God I would love Murray/Davion and a couple of picks and a swap in there. Im high on Murray and Davion both.

We are not getting Scottie Barnes in a Mitchell deal lol. They won’t trade him for Durant they certainly won’t for Mitchell. If for some reason they did we wouldn’t get much besides that.

We are not getting Scottie Barnes in a Mitchell deal lol. They won’t trade him for Durant they certainly won’t for Mitchell. If for some reason they did we wouldn’t get much besides that.
Durant is also 34 and would require a ton of other assets on top of Barnes.

You’re grossly undervaluing Barnes. Like it or not, there’s like 2-3 players in the league that TOR would trade Barnes straight-up for. Durant’s not even on that list. Again, TOR might be way overvaluing him, but it is what it is.

You’re grossly undervaluing Barnes. Like it or not, there’s like 2-3 players in the league that TOR would trade Barnes straight-up for. Durant’s not even on that list. Again, TOR might be way overvaluing him, but it is what it is.
Toronto would do it if it was just a straight up KD for Barnes deal. They arent doing it because they want that and a ton of picks.