What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I don't think these picks have to be unprotected in my eyes. They can be something like top 3 protected. I don't think Bogey/Conley/Beverly/Clarkson are worth two high value unprotecteds so I don't mind putting some light protections on them as long as the picks rollover

I don't think these picks have to be unprotected in my eyes. They can be something like top 3 protected. I don't think Bogey/Conley/Beverly/Clarkson are worth two high value unprotecteds so I don't mind putting some light protections on them as long as the picks rollover
They are high value but they also are way far out. Bogey is super under-rated imo. He's 30th in the league in scoring per 36... does so efficiently... and without being ball dominant.

Bev is a great compliment to Lebron and AD as well. JC is a guy they could use to get buckets when Lebron ain't in the game.

The key to getting both picks unprotected is Vando imo. The issue with any protections is the 2029 pick literally can't rollover... its against the CBA. If 2027 pick rolled over you aren't getting the other pick. So I would be okay with having the 2027 pick roll over with top 4 protections... in the case it doesn't convey we get the right to swap the 2028 pick with ours and 2029 becomes completely unprotected. I'm okay with the lightest of protections because with the new odds its really hard to manipulate the standings to get top 3-4.

I would also be cool with taking the 28 pick unprotected and getting swaps in 27/29 with our pick or the Minny picks.

They are high value but they also are way far out. Bogey is super under-rated imo. He's 30th in the league in scoring per 36... does so efficiently... and without being ball dominant.

Bev is a great compliment to Lebron and AD as well. JC is a guy they could use to get buckets when Lebron ain't in the game.

The key to getting both picks unprotected is Vando imo. The issue with any protections is the 2029 pick literally can't rollover... its against the CBA. If 2027 pick rolled over you aren't getting the other pick. So I would be okay with having the 2027 pick roll over with top 4 protections... in the case it doesn't convey we get the right to swap the 2028 pick with ours and 2029 becomes completely unprotected. I'm okay with the lightest of protections because with the new odds its really hard to manipulate the standings to get top 3-4.

I would also be cool with taking the 28 pick unprotected and getting swaps in 27/29 with our pick or the Minny picks.
Good note on the rollover, did not know that

Sure, but Bogey/Beverly are both expiring. Conley is overpaid currently and is coming off a terrible playoff performance. I still think he is highly valuable, but maybe the cliff is closer than we think and he's the next Kemba Walker.

What's also lost in this is that Russ is actually a huge positive for us as a way to get off about 35 million in 2023/2024 salary.

They are highly valuable picks. They probably have even more value as trade assets.

I have no idea why they would take our dudes over Turner/Hield personally. Maybe the Vando inclusion would change that, but I'd rather just trade him to someone else or keep him, if he's actually worth a first rounder to someone else.

Sure, but Bogey/Beverly are both expiring. Conley is overpaid currently and is coming off a terrible playoff performance. I still think he is highly valuable, but maybe the cliff is closer than we think and he's the next Kemba Walker.

What's also lost in this is that Russ is actually a huge positive for us as a way to get off about 35 million in 2023/2024 salary.

They are highly valuable picks. They probably have even more value as trade assets.

I have no idea why they would take our dudes over Turner/Hield personally. Maybe the Vando inclusion would change that, but I'd rather just trade him to someone else or keep him, if he's actually worth a first rounder to someone else.
I think expiring is good... I think they want to be able to go to FA next year. I think Turner and Hield are good in theory but Turner is constantly hurt... coming off a foot injury. Bogey is better than Hield imo. The cap space also does them a big favor too. Pacers want both picks.

I am not sure they would want Conley. Size and money might make him less desirable. I think there is an alternative deal where its one unprotected pick for Bogey/Bev/JC - we get out of JC's money. It saves the Lakers like 15-20M between tax and salary (which matters to them strangely).

I just think there has been consistent noise around the deal and I think it makes a ton of sense.

In what seems like centuries ago, some team inquired about Bogey only to be told that he was promised to another team. What became of that?

Man, the knicks really think Evan, Obi, 2 unprotected, and 3 protected is good enough for Donovan? They're crazy Quickley or Grimes isn't in that deal too

I dont know why we would concede and allow protections, especially with the issues on those roll overs HH mentioned. Outside of IN we are the only real way they can tangibly improve and fight for a title next season. They are option limited, we are not.

If they dont do one of these deals with us or IN they have zero shot and could easily be a play in team at best. We will find other suitors for our guys......take it or leave it, Juggalos.

Hield and Turner get them 4 total legit NBA rotation players. They need more than that, we can furnish the rest of their rotation.

Exactly

We offer the potential to add exactly what they need while adding depth.

We have all the leverage.
Only if we have what LBJ wants. If he doesn't want it, we have exactly zero leverage.

With LA........but every one of those guys still has real value. LA sitting on their hands isnt an option.
Yeah I was responding to the convo about AD et al missing tons of games, so it is directly about LA. They do have value of course, it is a matter of ferreting it out.

Only if we have what LBJ wants. If he doesn't want it, we have exactly zero leverage.
Nah... they did what Lebron wanted last time around and it got em Russ. I think even he would be smart enough to realize Bev, Bogey aren't stars but can be stars in their roles on that team. I mean Austin Reaves is talked about as some amazing complimentary player... imagine how well Bogey would do there. Also helps them cap space wise as the Turner/Hield deal leaves them with no space.

This ain’t a rumor but I don’t wanna start a thread about this and wasn’t sure where else to tuck the thought.

Would the Heat be interested in Duncan Robinson + draft stuff for Markkanen? Like, maybe Jovic, ‘23 1st, Strus (routed to Lakers)?

This ain’t a rumor but I don’t wanna start a thread about this and wasn’t sure where else to tuck the thought.

Would the Heat be interested in Duncan Robinson + draft stuff for Markkanen? Like, maybe Jovic, ‘23 1st, Strus (routed to Lakers)?
I’d do that trade. Not sure if Markkanen has that much value, but that would be a nice win-now move on their part. Plus, Lauri is on a great contract for his value.