What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Ya and they were going to get players back from the Knicks too but wouldn’t add a third unprotected so he dealt with the cavs. It’s been rumored the jazz didn’t take back McDanials so they could get picks. What about that deal screams to you the jazz have interest in players? They want to lose the next year or two and use picks going forward on young stud prospects and trade chips.
The rumor was they wouldn't give up McDaniels so we demanded an extra 1 or 2 firsts. We clearly wanted McDaniels.

Adding young players definitely helps. If we could somehow get Allen and Beauchamp for Clarkson then you do it in a second. There is no way the Lakers are giving up 2 firsts in the scenario mentioned though.
Clarkson for Beauchamp and picks? I love JC but that is tempting... And he would play for Bucks which would do JC a solid.

Clarkson for Beauchamp and picks? I love JC but that is tempting... And he would play for Bucks which would do JC a solid.

Clarkson for Allen and Beauchamp would be the deal. Beauchamp was the 24th overall pick this year they wouldn’t be adding much if anything to that package.

Not sure we'd get all that. I think JC is more like 2-3 second round picks type of value. Player option on that deal is problematic since it only adds downside (if he gets hurt or sucks he exercises it).

Not sure we'd get all that. I think JC is more like 2-3 second round picks type of value. Player option on that deal is problematic since it only adds downside (if he gets hurt or sucks he exercises it).
It's not all downside. If the team wants his deal to be expiring (like the Lakers), the possibility exists rather than not.

As it stands, he's on a value offer and he'll be playing to get a new deal next year while his legs are younger.

It was McDaniels vs two 1sts… I’m thinking Ainge made the right call there regardless.

If you think the Jazz don’t want young prospects on cheap contracts you’re more of an idiot than I thought.

In fact I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time with this because you are so clearly out of the loop it is a waste of my time.
All I’m saying is why are they going to take deals centered around players when the LA deal is starring then in the face. We also want to lose as many games as possible. People are talking about Crowder he’s not a young prospect.

From what I understand, the Jazz originally wanted McDaniels and the Wolves wanted to keep him, so the Jazz asked for more picks to compensate for not getting McDaniels.
Not sure how it was exactly reported. Like I think Utah might have asked for McDaniels thinking asking for 4 picks was out of the question, not that they preferred McDaniels over that option.

It's not all downside. If the team wants his deal to be expiring (like the Lakers), the possibility exists rather than not.

As it stands, he's on a value offer and he'll be playing to get a new deal next year while his legs are younger.
Its kind of what I was saying though... its either just an expiring or if he exercises the option there is a downside. If he was just expiring he'd have like 25-33% more trade value.

I’m sure Ainge used the fact that the wolves badly wanted to keep him to get more picks. And was all too happy to oblige. I’m sure he never thought the wolves would be willing to give away that much in draft picks.

Is JC better at ISO scoring?

Yes, but that's literally the only thing and it's not worth giving up Allen and Beauchamp to get.

Ainge literally just signed Sexton for 4/72M but yeah let’s keep speculating that he doesn’t want to add young talent.

Possibly, but if he badly wanted McDaniels, he's obviously not averse to adding young talent.
The point is I don’t think Ainge or anyone thought anyone would be willing to give that Match in draft picks for Gobert. Yes the jazz wanted McDaniels, but that might be because they thought they could only get two picks. My point is I’m guessing the jazz dropped their demand to get McDaniels once they realized they could get for pics instead.

The point is I don’t think Ainge or anyone thought anyone would be willing to give that Match in draft picks for Gobert. Yes the jazz wanted McDaniels, but that might be because they thought they could only get two picks. My point is I’m guessing the jazz dropped their demand to get McDaniels once they realized they could get for pics instead.
Yeah that makes sense.